Sure looking like it was a bad move for Seth to leave early

TitanTiger

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Also it says he had big games against bammer and uga this year and big years prior and he showed out and excelled in the senior Bowl......so that answers your question on why he was drafted where he was.

So Seth didn't get anything but a pro day.....that's the difference

Did Seth not play against Bama and UGA? Did he not have adequate tape?

He had decent games against Bama and UGA this year, but never a 100 yard receiving game like Seth did in 2019. I also wouldn't consider his numbers anything to run home about. I don't know what big years you are alluding to.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah the uga game which is the only game that really wasn't on Bo as far as when people say don't blame him, sw couldn't even get 3 yards down field before we were sacked.....but yeah it's on SW lol. And I've repeatedly said absolutely SW doesn't have tape this year that says draft me. But you might of ignored those sentences in my response

19 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

With the way these off-season threads are going, I expect the AUFamily boards to experience some major attrition.

Maybe some will go into the transfer portal

• Like 3
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct. 

“And we just felt like we had a really thorough evaluation in the SEC, was outstanding in the Senior Bowl, and I felt like evaluating all these DBs in the secondary, I felt like this guy just kept showing up over and over and over again. That’s what I told Josh when I called him. Just feel like this guy’s a complete player and adds to a really good room that we have already.”

So even with all of the constraints in his game, the chargers took into consideration this feedback, looked at the tapes, evaluated him and made a decision. These people do this for a living man lol. 

Well you said 4.2 guys AND WRs, so I am going based on what you said and the criteria you placed. Or did I take that out of context?

So he had a qb that could throw him the ball in Windows and not just lob balls? He had an offense where he could run routes on the route tree? 

Don't need anybody that does it for a living, hell you could do it part time for our games, wr screen to AS, streak, Bo run for the first, streak, streak, dig, streak, streak, streak good tape!

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah the uga game which is the only game that really wasn't on Bo as far as when people say don't blame him, sw couldn't even get 3 yards down field before we were sacked.....but yeah it's on SW lol. And I've repeatedly said absolutely SW doesn't have tape this year that says draft me. But you might of ignored those sentences in my response

So let me ask you this. Put this guys numbers in all his years against SW numbers. Consider all the opponents, consider personnel and consider SOS. Based on all of that, who would you consider had the better career?

Also anyone can answer this, btw. This is for dialogue. 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

He had decent games against Bama and UGA this year, but never a 100 yard receiving game like Seth did in 2019. I also wouldn't consider his numbers anything to run home about. I don't know what big years you are alluding to.

I just repeated what the article said, I'm sure they are lying lol. I'm glad you told me to look him up. Solidifies everything I said

So a quick breakdown of this thread is that some people think SW made a mistake for going to this draft this year.  His stock dropped because his attitude wasn't all that great and he came across as a "me guy".  Another poster thinks it's because the Qb and the "system" held him back.  I can almost guarantee you it is all of the above.  All of those things were reasons he was drafted where he was.  Bottom line is he was drafted and he is either going to make some organizations look really dumb or make Denver look really smart.   

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rhughes said:

So a quick breakdown of this thread is that some people think SW made a mistake for going to this draft this year.  His stock dropped because his attitude wasn't all that great and he came across as a "me guy".  Another poster thinks it's because the Qb and the "system" held him back.  I can almost guarantee you it is all of the above.  All of those things were reasons he was drafted where he was.  Bottom line is he was drafted and he is either going to make some organizations look really dumb or make Denver look really smart.   

Pretty much this. It’s all of this! 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

So let me ask you this. Put this guys numbers in all his years against SW numbers. Consider all the opponents, consider personnel and consider SOS. Based on all of that, who would you consider had the better career?

No you answer my question what does that matter? You're a scout that's checking on 100's of guys who are you going to be interested in a guy with a coach that you know that's telling you to check out, you can see him do things he's going to do in the NFL as far as pro concepts, and you can watch him for a week and get extensive info on him against the best seniors in the country or the guy from the offense with the reputation of not preparing guys at all for the league, with decent pro day numbers, with a tape running 3 routes in 11 games?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also while you love doing all this research and whatnot talk about the evidence you've found of the horrible attitude and me first stuff because you scoffat the fact based stuff

• Haha 1

Also why it has to be so easy how did trey Lance get drafted number 3 after one game where he didn't throw the ball well over a record breaking guy that won the national championship? Mac had a horrible attitude?

I have an answer, does anybody else?

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

Unfortunately there was this tape from the Bama game

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, mb711 said:

Yikes 

1 hour ago, rhughes said:

Bottom line is he was drafted and he is either going to make some organizations look really dumb or make Denver look really smart.   

What's the difference between 6th round and UDFA?  Is the money that much better?  Denver didn't exactly go out on a limb for the guy.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

What's the difference between 6th round and UDFA?  Is the money that much better?  Denver didn't exactly go out on a limb for the guy.

There really isn't. I am just saying that he has an opportunity however he got there and he is either going to excel and make a lot of money or he will wash out.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rhughes said:

There really isn't. I am just saying that he has an opportunity however he got there and he is either going to excel and make a lot of money or he will wash out.  

Most of the time there isn't a huge difference in salary in those late rounds. The benefit of 6 or 7 round pick over UDFA would probably be a little signing bonus and a little more money. I could see benefit of being an UDFA because you would have a little more choice potentially in where you play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Very little. Really you want the first 3 rounds because the team is sort of forced to help you pan out......even as far as money goes of course you want the first round but most importantly you just want to be productive for that next contract. That's when you actually make some money

3 hours ago, rhughes said:

Can you do this for every thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mb711 said:

And Bo took a huge hit to get the pass off! 🤔 

35 minutes ago, toddc said:

Think his draft stock took a huge hit thanks to that drop, too. 

😇

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Some would think that it was Bo’s fault he dropped it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Think his draft stock took a huge hit thanks to that drop, too. 

😇

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886whrye5r82zo26fd1yz

• Haha 2

Lol you should really think do we really want to do that. Would this even be a fair fight? I'm not even going to do it. Too easy.

He did step into the throw though! Clearly all the potential to be better than Aaron Rodgers