KJ Britt to Tampa Bay

Zeek

Let's gooooooo!

Drafted before Dylan Moses too lmao 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Congratulations to KJ Britt! 

Dude. He's going to go play for the reigning SB champs under Bruce Arians in a very winnable division and the GOAT running a very talented offense that can give you early leads to protect right next to some of the best beaches in the country. Just a shame that it's a city full of beautiful women and amazing restaurants. :(

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just a shame that it's a city full of beautiful women and amazing restaurants.

And close to me even though I'm not a Bucs fan

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

And close to me even though I'm not a Bucs fan

Go buy that man a good Cuban sandwich and some Cigar City beers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Aren't they pretty deep though? I bet having a few successful auburn players helped them with taking a chance.....funny how that works huh? Getting guys to the league benefits EVERYBODY! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Aren't they pretty deep though? I bet having a few successful auburn players helped them with taking a chance.....funny how that works huh? Getting guys to the league benefits EVERYBODY! 

Correct! They have a solid starting group of LBs but the depth isn't great and a few guys are older/gonna be expensive in a year or two. Britt can let edge rushing LBs catch some breath and be a run thumper. Really like the fit for him and Dean/Davis thriving there definitely helped KJ get the benefit of the doubt. It think JF3 is there too.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to KJ Britt to Tampa Bay
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 8:18 AM, McLoofus said:

Dude. He's going to go play for the reigning SB champs under Bruce Arians in a very winnable division and the GOAT running a very talented offense that can give you early leads to protect right next to some of the best beaches in the country. Just a shame that it's a city full of beautiful women and amazing restaurants. :(

i have a friend in confederate railroad and they would do a charlie daniels benefit every year for a long time in tampa. my friend says he travels all over the country on tours and tampa is his number one fun spot.

but anyway i thought people said kj was too slow? does anyone know it that is accurate?

On 5/3/2021 at 12:07 PM, cole256 said:

So, those wouldn't be players developed by Malzahn - would they? Whoops that's right, his ASSISTANTS get the success stories. 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

So, those wouldn't be players developed by Malzahn - would they? Whoops that's right, his ASSISTANTS get the success stories. 😉

As well they should. Assistant coaches get credit for a players development and individual successes and Head coaches get credit for Team wins and losses. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Yeah if you are able to convince yourself that Gus coached up the corners then there's no need for you to talk to anyone on this forum. You're on a whole nother level of brain power that only drugs and alcohol can allow you to reach!

Edited by cole256

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah if you are able to convince yourself that Gus coached up the corners then there's no need for you to talk to anyone on this forum. You're on a whole nother level of brain power that's going to take awhile for you to catch up!

That dude chimes in with a silly hot take like that every once in a while and then disappears again. I doubt you'll ever get a real conversation. 

18 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have a friend in confederate railroad and they would do a charlie daniels benefit every year for a long time in tampa. my friend says he travels all over the country on tours and tampa is his number one fun spot.

but anyway i thought people said kj was too slow? does anyone know it that is accurate?

Only a stat idiot would say that Britt was too slow to play in the NFL. No guarantee the guy will be a 10 year starter or anything but we watched this guy lead our defense for 2 years. Anyone who said he could not play in the NFL did not watch enough of him play in the SEC. Plus he is a true MLB and speed is not terribly important at that position. Quick reaction times and a nose for the football is far more important at that spot. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Only a stat idiot would say that Britt was too slow to play in the NFL. No guarantee the guy will be a 10 year starter or anything but we watched this guy lead our defense for 2 years. Anyone who said he could not play in the NFL did not watch enough of him play in the SEC. Plus he is a true MLB and speed is not terribly important at that position. Quick reaction times and a nose for the football is far more important at that spot. 

thats pretty much what i thought. he is from my area and i hope he does well.

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

he was a feared man when he played for the oxford yellow jackets for sure.