DL Daquan Newkirk -> UF

DL Coynis Miller -> JSU

DL Big Kat Bryant -> UCF

LB Octavius Brothers -> Purdue

LB Josh Marsh -> ???

DL Jay Hardy -> ???

DL Jaren Handy -> ???

QB Chayil Garnett  -> ???

Lots of debate over whether this is something to panic about, natural attrition, or if bad apples are being pushed out.

Regardless, four DL (though we added one through the transfer portal) and 3 RB have been brutal to our depth.

That's 15 so far. 15 isn't at all unusual for the first year of a coaching change. With the relaxed transfer rules, I'd expect a few more after this semester ends at Auburn. Maybe not though, guys leaving most schools are having a hard time finding a place to land. Were I in that position, I'd want to have something lined up before I jumped ship.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That Vandy DB makes even more sense now. 

If we land him it's a massive upgrade over Thompson IMO

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If we land him it's a massive upgrade over Thompson IMO

I don't know enough about either to make the call but I can only assume that Mason agrees. 

So just curious, what number of departures are in the "we're fine category" and what number gets to the "worried/concerned" category? 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wonder if UCF fans are paying attention to this. 

Not really they think all is well at the moment..............honeymoon still going on. Has already told them UCF is his last stop.

• Sad 1

Just now, keesler said:

So just curious, what number of departures are in the "we're fine category" and what number gets to the "worried/concerned" category? 

IMO, now isn't the time to be worried or concerned, because this is exactly what we spent the last few years being worried or concerned about. This is just the inevitable conclusion. 

I hope for the players' sakes that the number doesn't go much higher, but I personally will accept whatever the final tally is. @oracle79 recently brought this up in a different context, but it applies across the board. These aren't 2021 decisions. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not really they think all is well at the moment..............honeymoon still going on. Has already told them UCF is his last stop.

Can relate. 

14 minutes ago, keesler said:

Screenshot_20210504-103808_Chrome.thumb.jpg.82618796c033bc442a720b51369e323f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Can relate. 

He's saying all the right things and the lead sports writer for the Orl. Sentinel Mike Bianchi has fell in love with him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My fellow UCF'ians refuse to listen to my cries and warnings...

• Haha 3

I’m just ready to see some portal guys start coming in. Or rather, I’m hopeful that the portal can work for Auburn positively. I have this bad feeling that this is going to be beautiful for the top tier programs and small schools, but horrible for the middle of the road programs. I want to see us go out and get another RB, a couple of tackles, an edge rusher, a veteran WR and maybe another safety. Here’s to hoping!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

My fellow UCF'ians refuse to listen to my cries and warnings...

I think Gus will do well there, actually. They will probably be completely fine with him. They aren’t going to need to turn out blue chip OLman like you do in the SEC, to be competitive.

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think Gus will do well there, actually. They will probably be completely fine with him. They aren’t going to need to turn out blue chip OLman like you do in the SEC, to be competitive.

It all comes down to if his offense remains as stale as its been. Also on how well T-Will turns out. UCF fans were done with Heupel because his offense would completely die in certain games and our defense was wildly porous and undersized. The AAC is more competitive than people realize; would make the argument that top to bottom it's better than the ACC.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zeek said:

Chayil added

In gonna pull a Cole256 and say I told you so. Said he’d never play a meaningful down for us

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Drinking the kool-aid and jumping in the van blind with no cell phone or means to save themselves. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jluvah said:

In gonna pull a Cole256 and say I told you so. Said he’d never play a meaningful down for us

Did people argue with you up and down when you said it? Were you an idiot and did you not know what the hell you were talking about when you said it? I doubt it, so no you're not pulling a me. But keep trying! You won't get there! 😊

• Haha 3

I can just imagine what the wr's that's already been around real coaching is thinking right now.....I also wonder will their fan base be as gullible as ours with the stuff like the best wr blocker is the guy that needs to play and the back up QB doesn't need to be groomed or throw passes.....

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I can just imagine what the wr's that's already been around real coaching is thinking right now.....I also wonder will their fan base be as gullible as ours with the stuff like the best wr blocker is the guy that needs to play and the back up QB doesn't need to be groomed or throw passes.....

He's going to ride Dillon Gabriel for a year or two (it would take a horrendous coach to make him look bad). Then they'll be bought in and watch as pocket passers struggle and say "he just needs a mobile qb to run his system!"

• Like 1
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He's saying all the right things and the lead sports writer for the Orl. Sentinel Mike Bianchi has fell in love with him.

Mike is an idiot so they are the perfect couple

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

We are 👀👀 , we’re pretty much vultures . For what it is worth we have been following Bryan Harsin and he is a good coach . I do expect some growing pains coming feom mountain west to SEC .

• Like 3