Auburn's Outgoing Transfers

Zeek

"thank Auburn"

My lord dude spellcheck your goodbye tweet lol.

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Neither UF nor LSU were higher until they hired Spurrier and saban. And uga has always been dead even until the last 10 years. But yes, all 4 are currently above us. Having a mediocre coach for 8 years has quite a bit to do with that.

Well, it would be if we'd made another one of those hires. But we didn't. Harsin might not be successful here, but on paper he is in a completely different class than our previous hires. That's the whole point. 

2015 was the only year that Gus experienced bad luck. The rest of his time here and in fact his entire college career is defined by extraordinarily good luck. Those games in November 2017 were the exception, not the rule. Tubs and Dye ran far more consistent programs and their win percentages were bolstered by what *they* built, not what they did in their first year. 

UGA passed us up once Richt got into town and made that series non competitive...if he recruited with the edge they wanted him to it would’ve been worse. Same thing with Florida and LSU...Gus didnt exactly reverse those trends but they existed long before him. You guys are leaving some things on Gus’s steps that were there before he came.

I would say the entire back half of the 2013 natty was bad luck, and 2016 when it came to injuries. That was a legit SEC contender. 2014 on a smaller scale due to the s***ty officiating in some big games and Lawson tearing his ACL...but that’s a way smaller scale. 

I don’t think much of Harsin if we’re talking about some grand hire that’s supposed to reverse decades of trends, but who knows? If he was hired by a place that’s in that supposed elite tier of programs (Lets just use the aforementioned SEC teams), I don’t think he’d be as hyped as such. Not saying he’s a bad hire or as meh as most of ours

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

Most people who have access to the inner workings of Auburn athletics, believe our main problem is politics.  You need a leader who can manage the politics while still standing up and making hard decisions.  Maybe the Harsin hire is a sign this is changing.  Time will tell.  Auburn does have some natural hills to climb our rivals do not.  spuat, UGA, LSU, and UF all are the state university in a state loaded with talent (spuat not exactly, but they get to cheat).  Auburn can recruit against these schools, but we start the race behind or rivals.  We need a united Ath Dept and fanbase to compete consistently. I am optimistic about where we are, we will see soon if it is well founded.  I plan to be patient for 3 years to give Harsin a chance to build his program.    

I just don’t think I could see someone reversing that culture until it’s reversed or trustees retire and are replaced by better thinking people. We’ll see, I just want to propose that it’s possible we hire a left of center coach and still try to make him abide by the typical Auburn notions in a couple seasons from now. We’ll see!

I'm hoping this may be the start of a culture change.  I'm encouraged (if the stories are true) that AG and JG not only stood up to the PTB, but "won" that battle.  Only time will tell.

I don't mean Gus any ill will, but I never thought we was a good head coach.  Yes, he was in the toughest division in the toughest league in the nation, but that doesn't mean he couldn't put a competitive team on the field.  They might not have had the same caliber of talent, but they could still look like they had played football before.  The offense ("product") Gus put on the field the last 5 season was trash.

Harsin?  Who knows?  It'll take time but so far, I like what he's been doing and saying.  Seems to be a complete 180 in how things were done under Gus.  

54 minutes ago, auelvis87 said:

I'm hoping this may be the start of a culture change.  I'm encouraged (if the stories are true) that AG and JG not only stood up to the PTB, but "won" that battle.  Only time will tell.

I don't mean Gus any ill will, but I never thought we was a good head coach.  Yes, he was in the toughest division in the toughest league in the nation, but that doesn't mean he couldn't put a competitive team on the field.  They might not have had the same caliber of talent, but they could still look like they had played football before.  The offense ("product") Gus put on the field the last 5 season was trash.

Harsin?  Who knows?  It'll take time but so far, I like what he's been doing and saying.  Seems to be a complete 180 in how things were done under Gus.  

Gus is a good coach.  Being good isn't good enough in today's SEC where an SEC team or two make the CFP every single year.

Auburn gave him a lucrative one-sided contract which ultimately resulted in zero accountability.  As a result of that contract Gus became apathetic which is the worst trait to acquire as a HC in the toughest division of the strongest conference in the nation.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

UGA passed us up once Richt got into town and made that series non competitive...if he recruited with the edge they wanted him to it would’ve been worse. Same thing with Florida and LSU...

I don't mean to be rude, but you're doing an excellent job of making my point.

Gus didnt exactly reverse those trends but they existed long before him. You guys are leaving some things on Gus’s steps that were there before he came.

What are we leaving on his steps, other than not being a particularly good football coach? That doesn't have anything to do with his predecessors. (Although it can certainly be said that Chizik and his staff had a lot to do with that miracle run in 2013.) Pre-existing trends with our rivals don't have anything to do with CoxCat or John Franklin or LSU 2017 or ignoring his offensive line in recruiting. 

I would say the entire back half of the 2013 natty was bad luck, and 2016 when it came to injuries. That was a legit SEC contender. 2014 on a smaller scale due to the s***ty officiating in some big games and Lawson tearing his ACL...but that’s a way smaller scale. 

Except for maybe your 2016 example, those are all the moments of bad luck that literally every coach endures. 

I don’t think much of Harsin if we’re talking about some grand hire that’s supposed to reverse decades of trends,

Do you really not acknowledge the differences between his resume and those of our prior hires? Do you really not acknowledge the difference in who hired him, and how?

If he was hired by a place that’s in that supposed elite tier of programs (Lets just use the aforementioned SEC teams), I don’t think he’d be as hyped as such. 

If there is any meaningful hype, it isn't about him so much as about us merely re-joining modern college football. The phrase I've heard most often is "real football coach". Not a great one or even a good one. Just a real one. And I don't think anyone is saying much except Auburn fans. 

As for those other schools, I hear ya. If they'd hired some no name bum from Duke or Utah or Michigan State, they'd have fallen off the map. (Again, you're making my point.)

We're really drifting here, though. A few very emotional wins happened on Gus's watch, but ultimately he was extremely unqualified to run a football program and it's going to take a couple years to plug all the holes he left in the program. All these transfers are how that process begins. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Per 247 . 87 more players set to transfer . 

Point 87 more doesn't seem too bad

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Another spot opens up...

When you say another spot, you just mean on the 85 right?  He still counts for one of the 22 we signed in the '21 class & we only have 3 more transfers before hitting the 25

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Point 87 more doesn't seem too bad

Per 247 2 assistant coaches have entered the portal 

• Like 1

Football a few years ago: my team is playing your team this week. 

Football now: my organization is competing against your organization year round. 

Results will speak loudest, but for now Harsin is impressing as an organization builder and not just as the coach of our team.

WDE 🦅 

Edited by Gowebb11

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Results will speak loudest, but for now Harsin is impressing as an organization builder and not just as the coach of our team.

I'm a Harsin fan so don't take this the wrong way, but he hasn't done anything yet.  Being impressed b/c we're on the cusp of kicking 20 kids off our team isn't really impressive.  It's not like we've seen elite recruiting yet.

I'm curious as to what exactly is impressing you.  I think (hope/pray) time will show Harsin as being very good.  Again, I'm a huge fan of him so far...I just don't see anything "yet" that he's an elite organization builder.  I want to see some results.

Edited by W.E.D

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm a huge fan of him so far

Huge fan? Nah lol. I think you are Auburn true , blue and orange and cautiously optimistic. But based on some of the stuff you post, I can’t connect that to being a huge fan. Let’s be real bro. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm a Harsin fan so don't take this the wrong way, but he hasn't done anything yet.  Being impressed b/c we're on the cusp of kicking 20 kids off our team isn't really impressive.  It's not like we've seen elite recruiting yet.

I'm curious as to what exactly is impressing you.  I think (hope/pray) time will show Harsin as being very good.  Again, I'm a huge fan of him so far...I just don't see anything "yet" that he's an elite organization builder.  I want to see some results.

He didn't say elite. He said that the guy is impressing. He's impressing a lot of the rest of us, as well, and nobody really needs to list the reasons why. They've all been talked about at length ever since he was hired.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

His hiring of a good coaching tree for starters, and for many on here he replaced CGM.

Edited by toddc

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

Huge fan? Nah lol. I think you are Auburn true , blue and orange and cautiously optimistic. But based on some of the stuff you post, I can’t connect that to being a huge fan. Let’s be real bro. 

I can be a huge fan of his and what he's doing but still have my own opinions 

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He didn't say elite. He said that the guy is impressing. He's impressing a lot of the rest of us, as well, and nobody really needs to list the reasons why. They've all been talked about at length ever since he was hired.

Yeah, I used elite wrt recruiting, not anything he said.  And I asked what he's done thst is impressive. 

Lmao some of y'all get really dumb over protective 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

we're on the cusp of kicking 20 kids off our team isn't really impressive.

So we should keep those guys I guess. He didn't kick any of them off but they saw the writing on the wall. You can thank Gus for most of those guys that the new staff doesn't see working out like showing up on time or not showing up at out. There was zero accountability from Gus and the old staff with players. Get rid of them is fine with me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I'm curious as to what exactly is impressing you. 

First his resume. I’ve watched a lot of his BSU teams. Their discipline, physicality, and competence are impressive. They take the field confident and prepared. Whether they are playing in their conference or banging with the Power 5. Second his focus on Culture. He hasn’t kicked 20 people off the team. Nine or ten guys have chosen to do things their way and he’s helped them do that somewhere else. There’s a difference. Third, his off field staff squashes what Gus had put together. From analysts, to recruiting staff, to digital marketing, upgrades are clear. Finally, he had several coaches step down from coordinator roles or accept decreased coaching roles to follow him. They know his system works and want to be part of it. That’s because he inspires confidence and belief.

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

His hiring of a good coaching tree for starters. 

I think we have a lot of coaches with good potential.  There is still a lot to prove with over half our staff. 

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I can be a huge fan of his and what he's doing but still have my own opinions 

I am just saying I remember when you got here first , you were very vocal about the hire and not in a good way. Since then you have been quite critical of him before a single game has even been played. You also tend to send potshots , albeit funny. That is an interesting take for a huge fan. I am not saying you are acting in a wrong manner because you being a different perspective . Just from what I’ve seen you don’t seem to be a huge fan of CBH , the coach at Auburn . You probably are a huge fan of CBH the coach.

Edited by DAG

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

So we should keep those guys I guess. He didn't kick any of them off but they saw the writing on the wall. You can thank Gus for most of those guys that the new staff doesn't see working out like showing up on time or not showing up at out. There was zero accountability from Gus and the old staff with players. Get rid of them is fine with me

I didnt say anything like they should be here. It hasn't turned out to be the right move. Again we have absolutely zero results so far. 

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

First his resume. I’ve watched a lot of his BSU teams. Their discipline, physicality, and competence are impressive. They take the field confident and prepared. Whether they are playing in their conference or banging with the Power 5. Second his focus on Culture. He hasn’t kicked 20 people off the team. Nine or ten guys have chosen to do things their way and he’s helped them do that somewhere else. There’s a difference. Third, his off field staff squashes what Gus had put together. From analysts, to recruiting staff, to digital marketing, upgrades are clear. Finally, he had several coaches step down from coordinator roles or decreased coaching role to follow him. He inspires confidence and belief. 

I do agree we seem to have a better off the field staff. 

He took over a successful program, but wa ls able to sustain it for many years. That's on him. I hope he can replicate that here. SEC is a different ball game. 

Appreciate it. Not sure why so many got furious I asked you a simple question lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am just saying I remember when you got here first , you were very vocal about the hire and not in a good way. Since then you have been quite critical of him before a single game has even been played. You also tend to send potshots , albeit funny. That is an interesting take for a huge fan. I am not saying you are acting in a wrong manner because you being a different perspective . Just from what I’ve seen you don’t seem to be a huge fan of CBH , the coach at Auburn . You probably are a huge fan of CBH the coach.

I'm a huge fan of Harsin and have questioned a couple things. 

I can still really like him as a hire and not agree 100% with everything. I think I've been more critical of some position coaching hires, than Harsin

Edited by W.E.D

It hasn't turned out to be the right move.

What hasn't turned out to be the right move?

Again we have absolutely zero results so far. 

What results do you want at this time?

• Like 1