Auburn's Outgoing Transfers

Zeek

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What hasn't turned out to be the right move?

What results do you want at this time?

If you read my two sentences together vs break them apart they make sense. HTH

I didnt say I want results right now. I jut said it is too early 

Edited by W.E.D

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm a huge fan of Harsin and have questioned a couple things. 

I can still really like him as a hire and not agree 100% with everything. I think I've been more critical of some position coaching hires, than Harsin

You have questioned way more than a couple of things bro lol. A big one was when we offered the Linebacker from Auburn who was initially unranked. You pretty much ridiculed that when a good majority said it is too early to even have a position , especially since most markets haven’t begun ranking people. Then all of a sudden he got ranked. Again, you don’t have to agree with everything but it seems more times than not you want to be the contradictory party when there is really no reason to be. You legit debating why someone should or shouldn’t be impressed with a coach moving pieces to fit his culture.

That to me seems like you are just grasping. We all know the SEC is different and we have to wait for the results . Can we not also praise the guy for the moves he is making ? For doing his best to string together a strong recruiting class? For coming off as competent at least?

and again you have a right to push back . Just don’t act like people are furious or angry when there is responses to your statements 

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If you read my two sentences together vs break them apart they make sense. HTH

I didnt say I want results right now. I jut said it is too early 

John Turturro Sense GIF

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You have questioned way more than a couple of things bro lol. A big one was when we offered the Linebacker from Auburn who was initially unranked. You pretty much ridiculed that when a good majority said it is too early to even have a position , especially since most markets haven’t begun ranking people. Then all of a sudden he got ranked. Again, you don’t have to agree with everything but it seems more times than not you want to be the contradictory party when there is really no reason to be. You legit debating why someone should or shouldn’t be impressed with a coach moving pieces to fit his culture.

That to me seems like you are just grasping. We all know the SEC is different and we have to wait for the results . Can we not also praise the guy for the moves he is making ? For doing his best to string together a strong recruiting class? For coming off as competent at least?

and again you have a right to push back . Just don’t act like people are furious or angry when there is responses to your statements 

I was keeping it to this board. Football related. Yes, we offered a LB that I don't think is very good and said he'd be a 3* before he was ranked and he is a 3*

Our recruiting has been pretty weak, I don't think thst is debatable. But I've also stated countless times it is bc of Covid and June 1st we gotta hit it running 

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

John Turturro Sense GIF

I'm sorry, that's on you 

Just now, W.E.D said:

I was keeping it to this board. Football related. Yes, we offered a LB that I don't think is very good and said he'd be a 3* before he was ranked and he is a 3*

Our recruiting has been pretty weak, I don't think thst is debatable. But I've also stated countless times it is bc of Covid and June 1st we gotta hit it running 

But you don’t know if it is weak or not , because we don’t have the results , right ? You have no clue what the recruits he is getting right now can accomplish , but yet you are telling other people to wait on results ?

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Can we not also praise the guy for the moves he is makin

I did above agree on a better off the field staff

1 minute ago, DAG said:

But you don’t know if it is weak or not , because we don’t have the results , right ? You have no clue what the recruits he is getting right now can accomplish , but yet you are telling other people to wait on results ?

Maybe. He could be Urlacher or Jake Holland. We don't know 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Maybe. He could be Urlacher or Jake Holland. We don't know 

Exactly lol. We Really don’t know. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Exactly lol. We Really don’t know. 

But we do know what correlates damn closely with wins. And that's elite recruiting. I think we get there. Year one is gonna be hit or miss

Just now, W.E.D said:

But we do know what correlates damn closely with wins. And that's elite recruiting. I think we get there. Year one is gonna be hit or miss

But now we are getting to expectations which is very subjective for next year. For instance, I am not expecting us to be in the conference championship next year , playoffs , etc. I think it is going to take 2-3 years to get to that point . But I don’t want a 6-6 season either. So if you are saying this class is weak relative to the national title contenders then yes. But then I have to ask what were you expecting when he inherited a mess? 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

But now we are getting to expectations which is very subjective for next year. For instance, I am not expecting us to be in the conference championship next year , playoffs , etc. I think it is going to take 2-3 years to get to that point . But I don’t want a 6-6 season either. So if you are saying this class is weak relative to the national title contenders then yes. But then I have to ask what were you expecting when he inherited a mess? 

Yeah it's a little outside the current convo.. But I think it'll be be weak for what we're expecting to eventually be, somewhere around 7ish.

And that is bc of Gus destruction to our program, Covid, and most of our coaches haven't recruited SEC talent/schools. 

Biggest reason is probably with have a brand new staff and they literally haven't been able to meet or host recruits for 5 months

• Like 1

I think we've got a shot at a decent year this year if this OL can gel and the WRs can make strides...Win 8 or 9 games with an upset of 1 our big rivals and Harsin gets some big ammo on the trail.  I can see a scenario where this rebuild gets accelerated with a few breaks that go our way...gotta shake off the 2020-2021 jinx that's been over the entire AD though.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

I think we've got a shot at a decent year this year if this OL can gel and the WRs can make strides...Win 8 or 9 games with an upset of 1 our big rivals and Harsin gets some big ammo on the trail.  I can see a scenario where this rebuild gets accelerated with a few breaks that go our way...gotta shake off the 2020-2021 jinx that's been over the entire AD though.

I am thinking 8 wins. 7 and I am little disappointed . 6 and I am worried. Greater than 8 and its cake and ice cream 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am thinking 8 wins. 7 and I am little disappointed . 6 and I am worried. Greater than 8 and its cake and ice cream 

Kind of nice to have a coach tempering expectations and not just blowing sunshine up everyone's a$$ only for us, and the players, to be let down.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Kind of nice to have a coach tempering expectations and not just blowing sunshine up everyone's a$$ only for us, and the players, to be let down.

Sounds like Harsin believes that this is a practical world...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I agree. We aren't void of talent. We can beat the Miss schools and Arkansas. Penn State could be a toss up. 

I can't see us beating any of our big rivals, but two are at home and maybe Harsin can break the BR curse Tubs put on us

We play the 2nd toughest schedule in the NCAA.  We have no depth.  Our offense right now consists of a great running back backed up by an undersized #2 with a lot of heart.  OL, receivers, QB...2nd tier in the conference.  No reason to believe we can score points sufficient to win many games.   We were #9 in the SEC in points per game last year.  I don't see that getting better this year.   6 wins while absolutely kicking peoples asses physically will be a good year.  Our defense should be pretty good...but if you can't score it doesn't matter.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, japantiger said:

We play the 2nd toughest schedule in the NCAA.  We have no depth.  Our offense right now consists of a great running back backed up by an undersized #2 with a lot of heart.  OL, receivers, QB...2nd tier in the conference.  No reason to believe we can score points sufficient to win many games.   We were #9 in the SEC in points per game last year.  I don't see that getting better this year.   6 wins while absolutely kicking peoples asses physically will be a good year.  Our defense should be pretty good...but if you can't score it doesn't matter.  

Why even show up 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

#weaksauce

Like saying we can't expect to do better than six wins. #makesense

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Like saying we can't expect to do better than six wins. #makesense

Life is hard sometimes.  I believe that is why we fired our coach.

"....and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work."

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, I used elite wrt recruiting, not anything he said.  And I asked what he's done thst is impressive. 

Lmao some of y'all get really dumb over protective 

Go read your entire post again.

Lmao at how frequently you find yourself misunderstood. 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I do agree we seem to have a better off the field staff. 

He took over a successful program, but wa ls able to sustain it for many years. That's on him. I hope he can replicate that here. SEC is a different ball game. 

Appreciate it. Not sure why so many got furious I asked you a simple question lol

We’re all just here to share opinions and information. Nothing to get mad about in my opinion.