UAB Transfer NT Tony Fair Commits to Auburn!

Zeek

A lot of the big-wigs in Auburn recruiting making smoke around this offer. 

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

A lot of the big-wigs in Auburn recruiting making smoke around this offer. 

That was against an SEC center. That was beastly. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That was against an SEC center. That was beastly. 

That was also against our OL coach. 😬

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, autkidd1345162876 said:

Being a season ticket holder, Fair made that DL go. They were just nasty all year long and freed up Jordan Smith (just drafted) quite a bit. 

Does UAB primarily run a 3-4? I'm guessing yes? Dude looks like the prototype in that clip vs UT. 

Would be a huge get. True NT size. Looks a lot like Jeremiah Wright with more D-1 experience. As mentioned above a true NT would free up some much for other guys up front, think of Colby Wooden and Derick Hall being single blocked. 

• Like 3

Anyone have Height/Weight and eligibility left?

Ignore. Found info in portal thread. Looks to be a grad transfer? 1 Year only left?

Edited by oracle79

57 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Ignore. Found info in portal thread. Looks to be a grad transfer? 1 Year only left?

If we put this guy into next year's draft, that's going to be a very nice early win for Eason and our 3-4. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I think I saw on 247 he i 6.3 ish and around 335. 1 year of eligibility left. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think I saw on 247 he i 6.3 ish and around 335. 1 year of eligibility left. 

He’s full grown 

Fair definitely has the experience. Might be wrong but I thought I saw that TF was a '14 HS graduate.  If so that would probably make him the oldest Tiger. We could use another father figure after the departure of Sandberg.

• Haha 3

On 5/6/2021 at 11:39 AM, oracle79 said:

Not big enough to be a horse, but too big to be a man

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Named his final 3: Auburn, Ole Miss and Purdue.

Has not set a commitment date yet.

Update: will be announcing on Wednesday May 12th

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Auburn Recruiting Show: Tony Fair previews Wednesday's decision

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 39 minutes ago

Transfer defensive tackle Tony Fair, formerly of UAB, Wednesday is decision day. At approximately 2 p.m. CT, he will reveal his college choice via his Twitter and Instagram accounts. His finalists are Auburn, Ole Miss and Purdue.

Tuesday, Auburn Undercover caught up with Fair and recorded a video interview with him. Here's what we discussed:

-Fair shared some insight into each of his three finalists. In his head, he has made a decision -- and he said it was not an easy one.

-What kind of role does the Auburn staff envision for Fair? Well, Fair told us he can play just about anywhere along the defensive line.

-Fair said he's not only impressed with the personality of first-year Tigers defensive line coach Nick Eason but also with his resume.

-How did Purdue become a contender? Well, for one thing Fair is an Indiana native. But also, he thinks highly of the coaches he has gotten to know from that program.

-Fair's college career started at Indiana State, but he was medically disqualified by that program. He later landed at Pima Community College in Arizona. To Fair, it was humbling -- but it also jump-started his football life.

-With UAB, Fair was extremely high on Blazers coach Bill Clark. So why did he leave that program? He talks about that with us.

-Fair currently weighs 345 pounds. At his heaviest, he was north of 360. Now,  he hopes to lose even more weight at his next stop. To Fair, being a little bit lighter might be the way to go he told us.

-According to Fair, he was clocked at 5.1 seconds in the 40-yard dash while at UAB.

15 hours ago, Paladin said:

Auburn Recruiting Show: Tony Fair previews Wednesday's decision

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 39 minutes ago

Transfer defensive tackle Tony Fair, formerly of UAB, Wednesday is decision day. At approximately 2 p.m. CT, he will reveal his college choice via his Twitter and Instagram accounts. His finalists are Auburn, Ole Miss and Purdue.

Tuesday, Auburn Undercover caught up with Fair and recorded a video interview with him. Here's what we discussed:

-Fair shared some insight into each of his three finalists. In his head, he has made a decision -- and he said it was not an easy one.

-What kind of role does the Auburn staff envision for Fair? Well, Fair told us he can play just about anywhere along the defensive line.

-Fair said he's not only impressed with the personality of first-year Tigers defensive line coach Nick Eason but also with his resume.

-How did Purdue become a contender? Well, for one thing Fair is an Indiana native. But also, he thinks highly of the coaches he has gotten to know from that program.

-Fair's college career started at Indiana State, but he was medically disqualified by that program. He later landed at Pima Community College in Arizona. To Fair, it was humbling -- but it also jump-started his football life.

-With UAB, Fair was extremely high on Blazers coach Bill Clark. So why did he leave that program? He talks about that with us.

-Fair currently weighs 345 pounds. At his heaviest, he was north of 360. Now,  he hopes to lose even more weight at his next stop. To Fair, being a little bit lighter might be the way to go he told us.

-According to Fair, he was clocked at 5.1 seconds in the 40-yard dash while at UAB.

If he is a strong 345, then he will starting and anchoring our 3-4 defense. Truesdale is good, but he got moved out too much IMO, and just didn't seem strong enough in the trenches. OFC, new coaches could make him better.

• Like 1

Loved the interview. Fair is a very mature and intelligent young man. He could make a big difference in our defense next season. And it never hurts to add an impact player to increase competition in practice for playing time in the games. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If he is a strong 345, then he will starting and anchoring our 3-4 defense. Truesdale is good, but he got moved out too much IMO, and just didn't seem strong enough in the trenches. OFC, new coaches could make him better.

Agree. Truesdell is super strong but he looked very out of shape last season and it showed in his play. I hope this new staff and increased competition can help him elevate his game. We need his leadership and experience this season. 

Truly hope this guy chooses here. Hidden talent, local kid, seemingly mature. Seems like the type of guy this coach staff is thriving on. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agree. Truesdell is super strong but he looked very out of shape last season and it showed in his play. I hope this new staff and increased competition can help him elevate his game. We need his leadership and experience this season. 

Was he out of shape or did he play too many snaps? That line had no depth