UAB Transfer NT Tony Fair Commits to Auburn!

Zeek

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Was he out of shape or did he play too many snaps? That line had no depth 

I noticed how he was getting pushed around and off the ball early in the season and early in games. (I’m not a coach so that is just my observation and opinion) I don’t think it was depth then. I still remember when he signed him, Garner singled out his strength. And I saw that up until last season. I’m sure going through spring and knowing this is his money year we will see his best. 

Edited by Gowebb11

With regards to Truesdale, it was looking like Jeremiah Wright (a convert from the OL last year) was going to play over him until his injury - and now they're about to land Tony Fair, a guy with NFL ability, who plays the same "role". I would be very surprised if Tony Fair wasn't starting in that NT position.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Was he out of shape or did he play too many snaps? That line had no depth 

I think it had a lot to do with playing too many snaps. Truesdell and Fair would be great for each other. 

• Like 1

I also wondered if Trues took his foot off the gas without Narlob and DB on either side of him. He didn't seem to play with the same fire without them, but he's plenty big and strong enough to anchor down at NT. It'd be a really good combination if we land Fair.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, metafour said:

With regards to Truesdale, it was looking like Jeremiah Wright (a convert from the OL last year) was going to play over him until his injury - and now they're about to land Tony Fair, a guy with NFL ability, who plays the same "role". I would be very surprised if Tony Fair wasn't starting in that NT position.

Exactly correct. Should have his decision soon!

• Zeek changed the title to UAB Transfer NT Tony Fair Commits to Auburn!

Was excited when we got our DC, but this pick up my be a close second for me.

• Like 4

Good pick up.  Seems like a solid contributor.  Get him on the conditioning program.

Does he just have 1 year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Good pick up.  Seems like a solid contributor.  Get him on the conditioning program.

Yup, one-and-done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Numerous people saying this kid is an NFL player. Could be an early building block for Eason's recruiting resume if he can get him drafted year 1, in addition to showing that the 3-4 will be viable here. (Not that I think anybody's really concerned about that part, but it will be good to show big time NTs that we need to be on their short list.)

• Like 1

If you have young kids or grandkids you will know who Bluey is!

895E27EE-10CE-4924-B7AD-1560D1CC5696.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

Not familiar yet but I'm sure I will be lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

I'm still riding with you on this. I love it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Numerous people saying this kid is an NFL player. Could be an early building block for Eason's recruiting resume if he can get him drafted year 1, in addition to showing that the 3-4 will be viable here. (Not that I think anybody's really concerned about that part, but it will be good to show big time NTs that we need to be on their short list.)

Yeah, I wasn't knocking the kid and agree with you

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah, I wasn't knocking the kid and agree with you

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I posted that as a response to you, lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Was excited when we got our DC, but this pick up my be a close second for me.

Yup. Maybe the most important piece (not named DM) that harsin has added.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Huge get for us

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think this will be a great test and measuring stick to see how good Eason is. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Not familiar yet but I'm sure I will be lol

Oh that’s right. It’s one of the cartoons I like watching with my granddaughter. Mighty Mike is another great one. Two of the characters are named after Queen lead singer. No more posts about cartoons! 😝 

Edited by toddc

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He graduated HS in 2015, he definitely only has 1 year left lol

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Oh that’s right. It’s one of the cartoons I like watching with my granddaughter. Mighty Mike is another great one. Two of the characters are named after Queen lead singer. No more posts about cartoons! 😝 

You can’t just come drop Bluey and Mighty Mike then declare no more cartoon talk when you haven’t mentioned Puppy Dog Pals. If Rilly doesn’t occasionally make you lol then you don’t have a soul. 😆