CB Kamal Hadden enters transfer portal

Tony4AU

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

WVU starter and a leader in the Big 12 as a CB Dreshun Miller is enrolling at AU this summer so it is benefitting us already. 

Yea that guy was a good get. But I meant the numbers and depth aspect of it. If we trade 6/7 players who would have provided depth for 1 good player, we just lost a crap load of depth.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, metafour said:

No. When your coach does an interview and he openly states that there are "5 or 6 players who don't show up" and then magically a week later you have a group of guys entering the portal, it's not hard to connect the dots. You guys wanted a culture change, well here's the culture change. You can't make exceptions for guys who aren't doing what they're asked to do, period. This was completely expected coming from the previous coach who quite obviously ran a loose ship in terms of "effort" and "mentality". 

Like I said elsewhere, now is not the time for people to get all worried and upset. The time to get all worried and upset was years ago, when people who understood what was going on in the program started getting worried and upset and predicting that we would eventually be in this exact position. So it's kinda funny to watch all these folks who missed their bus stop getting worried and upset now. 

Edit: I don't mean to lump in all people concerned about the exodus. It's a lot at once and not everyone was prepared for it. That doesn't mean they were blind to the issues that led to it.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The coaches who leave and take better jobs are a**holes too. Lol. I’m not discriminating here. 

Well, I can respect an equal opportunist. 

But to be clear, what I was saying is that several of these kids are being encouraged to leave. They're not just giving up on Auburn. 

Now, if we define "commitment" as "work ethic", then you are probably on to something with several of them, at least by CBH's standards. But word around the campfire is that the collective mentality in the program the last few years wouldn't meet many CFB coaches' standards. 

I don’t mean this as a smart a$$, but I didn’t realize this guy was even on the team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So since this guy was a part of this years 25 maybe that will open up a 4th transfer spot for us to go get? If so then this one won't hurt as bad as I initially thought. Maybe since he was already enrolled that goes out the window. Confusing stuff 

I love it no offense to this kid but this is what I've been wanting for a while for a coach to come in with a freaking back bone and stand up and say it's gonna be my way or the highway like a certain other coach that will not be named WDE!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

He was slated to be a back up CB to McCreary, apparently.  Probably had a lot of playing time coming his way this year.

Will the bleeding ever stop?

Not quite

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Disagree.  This guy was probably our 3rd of 4th CB, even with Miller coming in.  Losing depth is going to really hurt us.  We don't just play starters.

No, he wasn't.

• Like 1

A juco guy comes in, same juco guy leaves. The net gain is we have now opened up another position for a transfer. DB is the one position that has enough depth to cover. This is a win for Auburn.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I love it no offense to this kid but this is what I've been wanting for a while for a coach to come in with a freaking back bone and stand up and say it's gonna be my way or the highway like a certain other coach that will not be named WDE!!

The coach with a billion championships?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A juco guy comes in, same juco guy leaves. The net gain is we have now opened up another position for a transfer. DB is the one position that has enough depth to cover. This is a win for Auburn.  

I completely agree. Use his spot to cover the safety or Nose tackle they are recruiting or allow us to get a transfer on offense such as a RB or receiver. We have a lot of depth in his position group, more so with Miller coming in. I think this shows that Harsin and staff are figuring out how to balance this roster and open up spots in areas that we need. Really refreshing to see. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The coach with a billion championships?

Amazing what discipline can produce

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I sure hope folks paid attention to more teams than Auburn and Boise on that graphic that's been going around showing which teams have overachieved and underachieved based on recruiting.

Buying the best players gets you a lot of wins. Fantastic coaching- and discipline- of those players gets you a lot of trophies

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Buying the best players gets you a lot of wins. Fantastic coaching- and discipline- of those players gets you a lot of trophies

Very well stated

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I sure hope folks paid attention to more teams than Auburn and Boise on that graphic that's been going around showing which teams have overachieved and underachieved based on recruiting.

Can you share that graphic?

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This a thousand times this. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Absolutely. I'm not one of those that's just going to say because a guy is leaving means they are bad or doing anything wrong. 

Everybody is being honest, I've said it a bunch and I'll say it again as long as the guys that performs the best are the guys playing everybody will respect it. You'll only lose a team when you start playing favorites. Only way.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Can you share that graphic?

Lemme see if I can find it. Nothing shocking but it somewhat confirms some things and should provide optimism regarding Harsin and the Boise guys (and gal!) he brought with him for anyone who needs it. 

Edit: Good looking out, @AUDevil

Edited by McLoofus

Guys I know this is off topic but I'm telling you this now we have ourselves a real football coach I called it when Chizik was hired he would win a championship( I know crazy but we had the players to do it if he got the right guys) I believe Harsin will win and win big but you have got to quite freaking out and give the man time. I say within the next 3-5 years things will start paying off watch and see. WDE.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea that guy was a good get. But I meant the numbers and depth aspect of it. If we trade 6/7 players who would have provided depth for 1 good player, we just lost a crap load of depth.

And if we allow guys to wear the Auburn Jersey without meeting the standards set by the coach, we will keep getting wha we’ve gotten the past few years; 4 or 5 loss seasons. I believe in what Coach Harsin is doing. Short term pain for long term gain. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Very nice pot shot lol 

Apparently got some ppl upset with facepalm emojis.  Lil joke and ppl get mad.  Even up /s

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, metafour said:

I gave you both potential outcomes. The other "option" was that he got in trouble with the coaches and in that case you can't keep a guy who's not doing what he's told because "you need depth". There are going to be a million players in the transfer portal, it's not going to be hard to find a backup player. An incoming coach needs to set his standards and stick to them.

It's funny you tell me I'm talking out of my ass then you just keep rattling off assumptions.  So now he got in trouble

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Not quite

No, he wasn't.

Pretty much all the post spring DC have him there.  So I guess all these beat writers are wrong

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

How does that work?  He was part of the 21 class, so he counted against the 25 (I believe we are at 22 right now with 3 spots left).  Since he left in the same class time period he doesn't count anymore?