CB Kamal Hadden enters transfer portal

Tony4AU

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Pretty much all the post spring DC have him there.  So I guess all these beat writers are wrong

Correct.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, metafour said:

You're talking out of your ass. Has anyone heard a word about Kamal Hadden all spring? He's likely transferring because he WASN'T going to be on the field. The players have individual meetings with the coaches after spring ball - hence guys who are in trouble or are lower on the depth chart than they expected see the writing on the wall or are "suggested" into exploring other options. Use some common sense - this kid just enrolled here and if he was going to be the "3rd or 4th CB" on the field he wouldn't be randomly leaving. 

This. The attrition if frustrating but understandable. Nothing we can do to control it but I don't think it's something to panic over. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Pretty much all the post spring DC have him there.  So I guess all these beat writers are wrong

They also say Sammons is a backup too.

You have to put them somewhere. He wouldn't have been the 4th or 5th corner to see the field, except for ST

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

You have to put them somewhere. He wouldn't have been the 4th or 5th corner to see the field, except for ST

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Repeating a post, must be really important! ( or age related) I know I sat up and noticed. 😝 

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Repeating a post, must be really important! (Or age related) I know I sat up and took notice. 😝 

😬 oops 

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 9

Whether you think that Transfer Portal will long term help Auburn or hurt Auburn the real issue is number of transfers and the 25 per year limit. To many transfers and you could end up in a situation where you have less than allowed 85 scholarships.  Some time in the future NCAA may have to allow some type of change in number player limits. 

There are various possibilities on how they can handle it. One option you have a transfer out you get one transfer in without affecting 25 player limit. Another option is you keep 25 player limit including transfers and that limit doesn't change unless it puts you under 85 limit then you can add a transfer or transfers to get back to 85. There are other possibilities also but these are the two I have heard suggested most often. I don't expect any change this year but when it becomes obvious that it causes even bigger discrepancies between the haves and the have nots it could hit the fan.

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Guys I know this is off topic but I'm telling you this now we have ourselves a real football coach I called it when Chizik was hired he would win a championship( I know crazy but we had the players to do it if he got the right guys) I believe Harsin will win and win big but you have got to quite freaking out and give the man time. I say within the next 3-5 years things will start paying off watch and see. WDE.

You reckon Lil Mook is ready to make a prediction yet?

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

I don't think many players would openly say " Yeah they asked me to leave or booted me out". 

Although, Jaren Handy told me exactly that. He has always been pretty real with me though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't think many players would openly say " Yeah they asked me to leave or booted me out". 

Although, Jaren Handy told me exactly that. He has always been pretty real with me though.

Hold on...you got confirmation ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Hold on...you got confirmation ?

Jaren Handy told me "I didn't want to leave....I am going to talk to Allen Greene about it"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, metafour said:

No. When your coach does an interview and he openly states that there are "5 or 6 players who don't show up" and then magically a week later you have a group of guys entering the portal, it's not hard to connect the dots. You guys wanted a culture change, well here's the culture change. You can't make exceptions for guys who aren't doing what they're asked to do, period. This was completely expected coming from the previous coach who quite obviously ran a loose ship in terms of "effort" and "mentality". 

Yep, the country club left, and went to Orlando.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Failing to show up on time, or not showing up at all? SMH. Great to see the coaches handling it. Good.

4 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

Failing to show up on time, or not showing up at all?

Harsin's quote could be considered ambiguous, but it occurs to me that he might not differentiate between late and absent. 

The dude seems like a true hard ass. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yep just like they were about who was replacing Gus.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, toddc said:

Repeating a post, must be really important! ( or age related) I know I sat up and noticed. 😝 

He does it more then you thing poor thing is getting old

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep just like they were about who was replacing Gus.....

Lots of other ppl out there besides PAM.  But yes, everyone is now wrong b/c he's transferring.

All the open practices were just bull****. 

Edited by W.E.D

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lots of other ppl out there besides PAM.  But yes, everyone is now wrong b/c he's transferring.

All the open practices were just bull****. 

I've witnessed several conversations about potential depth charts in the secondary between people who know far more than you or I do about this football team, and none of them featured a 2-deep with this guy's name on it. 

Hadden wasn't going to be a factor this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've witnessed several conversations about potential depth charts in the secondary between people who know far more than you or I do about this football team, and none of them featured a 2-deep with this guy's name on it. 

Hadden wasn't going to be a factor this season. 

I guess every practice people watched of him doing well, practicing with the second team were wrong. IIRC he also played well on the 2nd team D vs the #1 offense in the spring game. 

But hey, closed practices so ppl can believe what they want to fit their own agenda.

I don't think it is a huge loss and we'll have a strong set of CB in McCreary, Miller, and Simpson.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There it is.

I mean, all the articles mentioning him, him impressing his teammates, actual evidence of him running with the 2nd group of DBs.  That's not an agenda, that was factual evidence over the past month of spring practice.

Was Harsin toying with everyone?  All the players lying about him in interviews?  Probably not.  But, maybe they were wrong.

Edited by W.E.D

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

3 pages on a ex-player 90% of the members had no idea he was even on the team and its only May

Seems weird as a moderator of this board you'd prefer less people interacting and discussing things

• Facepalm 1