CB Kamal Hadden enters transfer portal

Tony4AU

Just now, W.E.D said:

Seems weird as a moderator of this board you'd prefer less people interacting and discussing things

Just made a statement that's all............................... go for it all you want more clicks keep them coming:popcorn:

• Haha 2

How many spring heroes have we had through the years that never saw meaningful playing time when the real season came around? Difference here is the transfer portal gave that spring hero an opportunity to go somewhere that he potentially could get those snaps in the fall.

Not sure what happens if a thread reaches 100 pages on a guy transferring out; for a recruit it has ensured that he wound up elsewhere. In this case maybe it means he stays at Auburn🤔....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

They also say Sammons is a backup too.

Is he close to being vested in Alabama's retirement system yet?

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Is he close to being vested in Alabama's retirement system yet?

Surprised he hasn't been anointed King Michael Sammons by now.

Sincerely,
Joke piggybacker

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Surprised he hasn't been anointed King Michael Sammons by now.

Sincerely,
Joke piggybacker

Hey. got to give the player credit.

For all the potential that was there when they recruited him, and the fact he hasn't broken into the starting lineup or even gotten even meaningful minutes, he has stayed the course, and will probably get his degree, when he could have just quit, knowing he would never really play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Hey. got to give the player credit.

For all the potential that was there when they recruited him, and the fact he hasn't broken into the starting lineup or even gotten even meaningful minutes, he has stayed the course, and will probably get his degree, when he could have just quit, knowing he would never really play.

He actually did tell Gus he was leaving and Gus talked him into staying. Or so we've been told. Seems less a case of a guy with big dreams not getting his shot and more of a case of a guy who just isn't feeling the whole football thing anymore. But now I'm guessing he's close to his degree and can handle the workload for one more season to get that paid for. Purely a guess, though. 

Edit: But I have nothing but respect for the guy, and I'm sure he's more acutely aware of his lengthy tenure than any jokesters on this forum, lol. 

Edited by McLoofus

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He actually did tell Gus he was leaving and Gus talked him into staying. Or so we've been told. Seems less a case of a guy with big dreams not getting his shot and more of a case of a guy who just isn't feeling the whole football thing anymore. But now I'm guessing he's close to his degree and can handle the workload for one more season to get that paid for. Purely a guess, though. 

Edit: But I have nothing but respect for the guy, and I'm sure he's more acutely aware of his lengthy tenure than any jokesters on this forum, lol. 

I just laughed when you posted Gus talked him out of leaving. Ofc he did, Gus was freaking out he could have no OL left, with the way he was recruiting OL

Sammons got his degree last year, so I guess he is post grad now. I looked and he was on academic honor roll every year so far. So it looks like college came first for him.

And with 11 brothers/sisters, he probably didn't want to quit and go home. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

And with 11 brothers/sisters, he probably didn't want to quit and go home. :)

"It's just so much more peaceful having massive collisions with other giant men 6 days a week..."