Baseball vs LSU Game 2

Auburn likely needs to run the table the rest of the regular season to have a shot at an NCAA Tournament bid. Going to take one of the more amazing runs in college baseball history.

If they can’t pull it off, they’ll need the SEC Tournament Championship to get in. 

I’ll keep hope alive until they’re out of it all together, but what a frustrating season it’s been. Here’s to an incredible finish, I guess.

We aren't getting our money's worth. Game 1 of the series, two homers and five doubles and we score only three runs?  Game 2, four homers, three doubles and we only score six? Unusual, but I guess that's how the entire season has gone for this team.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

We aren't getting our money's worth. Game 1 of the series, two homers and five doubles and we score only three runs?  Game 2, four homers, three doubles and we only score six? Unusual, but I guess that's how the entire season has gone for this team.

The fools gold of what our offensive stats are. We have zero situational awareness. 

On 5/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, TigerCatcher said:

The fools gold of what our offensive stats are. We have zero situational awareness. 

Gabe has certainly brought power to the lineup, something we sorely lacked for years after the 2010 team. But in doing so, it seems our situational hitting has struggled mightily under him and strikeout numbers have steadily increased under him, although they're actually down a good bit this year. I'm just not sure what to make of our hitting. On one hand, being a group that can hit for power is a big plus in today's game, but I'm not sure we should chase power at the expense of production. We hit 6 solo HRs this weekend of the seven total we hit. I think we've hit a bunch of solo HRs this year. I would rather sacrifice some of the power for better bat control and situational hitting. 

• Like 1