Softball vs LSU

6 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

And hopefully everyone we play will spot us 4 unearned runs and commit 3 costly errors.... 

It's good to see Packer come around. I like her all round ability, and she has some pop in her bat. She has opportunity to be a really good hitter and fielder for us. 

Now if we can at least take 2 from LSU would be nice. p.s. I noticed we had to bring in Lowe to close the game out last night. I hope that doesn't hurt us today with her pitching 3 days in a row...We need her to keep the score down...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't know that we brought in Lowe.  I was watching replay very late, and turned it off after top 7.  If Handley got into trouble, can't blame Dean for wanting to secure the SEC win. I'm encouraged by the improving performance of Koepke at the plate; that bodes very well long-term.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blakem said:

Shelby should not have still been in that game. They had been hitting her for several innings. 

I don't think she had her best stuff all day, but she pitched around it. But I don't know how many pitches she had thrown by the 6th, but knowing she was pitching to the top of the order by then another pitcher might have been a good change of pace. And Penta had thrown only 14 pitches the night before. 

Not sure why Dean would take her out after the GS. Why not let her still try to finish. No reason to bring Penta AFTER the GS. Although the last 2 hits I think were infield hits. Not sure if they were bunts or weak hits off their bats. 

In the end, still no hitting. Another 1 run scored.  

27 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

Do we have a play-in game for the SEC tourney ?

Based on the current standings it looks like we are playing the play in game on Tuesday 

We cannot hit and we appear to rely on errors/unearned runs for our wins.... it will probably be a short SEC tournament appearance for us..

• Like 2

We need to go a sign Marla Hooch, she's our missing 'pop' in the lineup.... 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Based on the current standings it looks like we are playing the play in game on Tuesday 

Yep against USCe. Then we get another shot against LSU. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Yep against USCe. Then we get another shot against LSU. 

We have to beat SC first.... 😆

Edited by AU1947

2 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

Well of course 😂. But I'm looking to win the tourney since that's the only hope left for regional lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Well of course 😂. But I'm looking to win the tourney since that's the only hope left for regional lol.

Our RPI is high enough we should be in a regional anyway.

12 hours ago, AU1947 said:

And we split with them at the beginning of the season. With single elimination, nothing is for sure, especially w/ our weak hitting.

It's not going to all of a sudden get better in a tournament. Bc now for the next 2 games we will get the team's Ace, and we will have to decide who we pitch Tuesday. If it's Lowe, then we will be a little weaker on the mound the next night, if we win the 1st game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

And we split with them at the beginning of the season. With single elimination, nothing is for sure, especially w/ our weak hitting.

It's not going to all of a sudden get better in a tournament. Bc now for the next 2 games we will get the team's Ace, and we will have to decide who we pitch Tuesday. If it's Lowe, then we will be a little weaker on the mound the next night, if we win the 1st game. 

So the bracket looks like this IF we beat SC, then LSU, then Mizzou, then UF if I recall after seeing it earlier...

• Like 2