LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

20 hours ago, Zeek said:

They insisted the kids couldn't throw despite never seeing them get any real reps. 

They? You talking about the 2 or 3 White Knight Gus defenders?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

So why is Finley transferring? 

Obviously he is not a QB savant or .....let me check the stats:

Hmmm.   1:1 TD to interception ratio...

What are his issues?

STATS

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
80 140 57.1 941 6.7 5

I would need to see more film. What I can say I have seen is him stand in the pocket and make some accurate intermediate to deep throws. 2 things Bo has struggled with immensely. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

They? You talking about the 2 or 3 White Knight Gus defenders?

There were many more at one point. He just crushed their spirits over time. Alas, it's a new day and I'm excited to see this board thrive again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I would need to see more film. What I can say I have seen is him stand in the pocket and make some accurate intermediate to deep throws. 2 things Bo has struggled with immensely. 

Finley was at best #3 on the LSU depth chart after Spring behind Brennan and Johnson and could have even been behind TFR Garrett Nussmeier.  He could see that if he wanted any chance to see the field in 2021 it would have to be at another school.  He’s got good potential and does some things quite well, but got caught up in a numbers game at LSU.  Wasn’t far behind the other two but turned the ball over more and his decision making was not as good.  His development potential ceiling is high though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think we pretty much just said the same thing, so I don't really know what to say here, but I'd think there's not a world of difference between Ensminger's pro style and Bobo's concepts

I hope we're running more of a Harsin influenced system the Bobos

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I hope we're running more of a Harsin influenced system the Bobos

A Harsin influenced system is basically Bobo but with more trick plays. I know a lot of people on here hated when Gus got gimmicky but Harsin is gimmicky too

Edited by Sizzle

25 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

A Harsin influenced system is basically Bobo but with more trick plays. I know a lot of people on here hated when Gus got gimmicky but Harsin is gimmicky too

Yes but Harsin probably has the most famous series of trick plays in college football from that Fiesta Bowl.  My goodness those were beautiful. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He also runs the ball more than people think and he’s been known to use one rb to do most of the work. He’s had several thousand yard rushers as well. Don’t be surprised to see Tank put up lots of yards but also a high carry total.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

He also runs the ball more than people think and he’s been known to use one rb to do most of the work. He’s had several thousand yard rushers as well. Don’t be surprised to see Tank put up lots of yards but also a high carry total.

Yeah he definitely loves to run the ball but i think he’s good at adjusting too. He’s not afraid to throw the ball 40+ times if the defense is allowing it

26 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes but Harsin probably has the most famous series of trick plays in college football from that Fiesta Bowl.  My goodness those were beautiful. 

I wonder if any school in the history of college football received more mileage from one upset than Boise did from that Okla game...

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Can you name a difference between the two without using google

Yes. Thank you

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes. Thank you

What would it cost to get you to expound* on a single football take you have

* explaining your stance in a nuanced way =/= repeating the same thing in a different way

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

What would it cost to get you to expound

You to quit the board

• Facepalm 4
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't understand why we had so many trolls join the forum in the past athletics season 

Sad to say the majority of our sports this year made for easy targets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

But Malzahn's never worked

47 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

But Malzahn's never worked

How did Malzahn pull off the win against Bama 2 years ago? Was that not a gimmick play?

Malzahn had gimmicks that worked, he was just too pig headed to consistently employ the pieces needed to run it.

1. Needs QBs with mentally quick triggers (and some consistently great athleticism) to do the things with the RPO he enjoys

2. Needs an OL that can move fairly well in space but also be maulers. at least for the tackles. Really smart, versatile centers too, even if they're not physically great. Got by in that department up until the Kim/Brahms tenure. Couldn't replace Golson. This category is important for maintaining those edges, but also just to limit the severely brain numbing amount of penalties and identifying of edge pressure that we've had for 2 years 

3. the run, run, run then PA part of his offense isnt really a gimmick, and doesn't truly require a supernatural type of athleticism for anyone involved except the RB. Boob had the stamina but he had a hard cap to how much hits he could take, and was limited in what he could do side to side. I think we just spammed dives up the middle, but the best RBs in his system had the ability to (also helped to have better blocking) ad-lib and take it outside. Tank was that, but we did less of that offensive style with Chad. 

I said alot of alot there, but I really just meant to say his philosophy could work, if he coulda got out of his own way. During Stidham's sharpest moments and 2019 Bo's best games, the passes flew out quick, the QBs did well enough in PERFORMING the "read" on "read options", and the OL didn't get immediately pushed back. Talent just wasn't there to have a 2017 UGA or a 2019 Bama consistently

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't understand why we had so many trolls join the forum in the past athletics season 

My god, I am a troll because I think Bo isn't awful & a brand new QB with nearly no experience will win the starting job?

C'mon.  Someone isn't trolling when they don't agree with you.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Sad to say the majority of our sports this year made for easy targets. 

Do I need to post mine and my wife's diplomas?

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

My god, I am a troll because I think Bo isn't awful & a brand new QB with nearly no experience will win the starting job?

Will you at least tell everyone who said TJ will definitely start at AU?

That way we can make fun of them too

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Will you at least tell everyone who said TJ will definitely start at AU?

That way we can make fun of them too

@DAG has said he'll win the starting job.  He might be right, then everyone has like a billion posts to mock me for relentlessly saying he was wrong.

I have no idea which thread it was argued in, that LSU's offense was bad and Ensminger w/out Brady was just as bad as Gus.

Last year their offense was ranked 35th.  Ours 75th.  So a full magnitude better.  

Passing

220 yds per game for Auburn

312 ypg for LSU. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, W.E.D said:

He's not going to win,

Someone find a post where I say T.J. is going to win the job when he gets here.  This guy has said he won't win 100%