LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

Just now, au302 said:

So let's say TJ decides not to come here for whatever reason. I'd assume the staff will pivot to another quarterback in the portal? I feel like they seem pretty determined to bring in another guy, regardless of the debated reasons we have been having on here. I suppose the only question would be if they originally weren't planning on bringing in a guy, but then TJ entered the portal and they decided he was too good to pass up. What do you guys think?

From what I've heard, I believe you are correct that they plan to take a QB regardless. Finley seems like the best available ATM unless they have something else quietly cooking, which I wouldn't doubt for a second.

• Like 1

I have to admit, been on these boards for about 12 years now and this is about the damndest thread I’ve ever seen (if you combined it with the one in “Football” covering this same topic)

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, tinman said:

Birmingham radio (WJOX) is saying bama has offered and "could" become a serious threat to gain his signature.

Doesn’t surprise me one bit. Saban has to fire a volley against a challenger early on. Hope Finley comes to the good guys. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tinman said:

Birmingham radio (WJOX) is saying bama has offered and "could" become a serious threat to gain his signature.

Of course, those in the know , know he is a great potential talent, which is why we need Him here now . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, au302 said:

So let's say TJ decides not to come here for whatever reason. I'd assume the staff will pivot to another quarterback in the portal? I feel like they seem pretty determined to bring in another guy, regardless of the debated reasons we have been having on here. I suppose the only question would be if they originally weren't planning on bringing in a guy, but then TJ entered the portal and they decided he was too good to pass up. What do you guys think?

Are there any out there?  And more importantly are any good?  We have little QB depth, but we also don't need to take a dead body and burn a spot in the 22 class.  22 class could be a HS kid or a better transfer.

TJ is an elite talent, which is why so many schools are going after him.  We'd be lucky to get him.

Edited by W.E.D

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

My god, I am a troll because I think Bo isn't awful & a brand new QB with nearly no experience will win the starting job?

C'mon.  Someone isn't trolling when they don't agree with you.

Yeah that’s why I said you were a troll. Definitely

1 hour ago, tinman said:

great...I could see them doing this to primarily  interfere with us  (easy to do with that much depth)

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

There's a saying that has to do with every family has a black sheep and if you don't know who it is, it's probably you. Most lengthy threads have a troll so...🤔

No bone to pick with you, I tend to read more than I post on here anymore. I just think when you have more than one poster calling out your posts there might be something to it. 

regarding trolls:

Occams Razor

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Are there any out there?  And more importantly are any good?  We have little QB depth, but we also don't need to take a dead body and burn a spot in the 22 class.  22 class could be a HS kid or a better transfer.

TJ is an elite talent, which is why so many schools are going after him.  We'd be lucky to get him.

Not really sure. Funny timing how I post that question and then we get the Jboy prediction, which I usually trust. I would think there's gotta be somebody out there besides TJ that they think could push Bo. I'll have to go scan the portal on the 247 site when I get a chance

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

One small point:  TJ  got benched vs Auburn  and I am not sure how much he played off and on during the season.   I know LSU seemed to get things rolling later in the season and I have no idea who was the trigger puller then.  Not sure if TJ contributed a lot to those 312 ypg.   I think TJ only passed for like 900 yds for the year.   I posted that earlier. 

TJ's stats worry me a bit:  his TD to INT ratio was 1:1   

I love his confidence and upside of course.   I hope he is patient enough to learn (if he comes to Auburn).  And Auburn needs some depth.

I believe LSU turned it around after benching Finley, actually. He looked raw and lost against us. I think he is good depth and will push Bo. But I don't believe he is clearly better than Bo, and if it's close, the tie will certainly go to the QB who's more experienced, has been here and learned the system in spring, and who has been the face of the program for two years. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Not really sure. Funny timing how I post that question and then we get the Jboy prediction, which I usually trust. I would think there's gotta be somebody out there besides TJ that they think could push Bo. I'll have to go scan the portal on the 247 site when I get a chance

I haven't seen any good experienced QBs in the portal.  Seems like it is one or the other

26 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

But I don't believe he is clearly better than Bo,

Not at this stage, but he’s clearly better than our backups we had as of December.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I believe LSU turned it around after benching Finley, actually. He looked raw and lost against us. I think he is good depth and will push Bo. But I don't believe he is clearly better than Bo, and if it's close, the tie will certainly go to the QB who's more experienced, has been here and learned the system in spring, and who has been the face of the program for two years. 

If a guy who got benched then transferred and only had a summer to learn and compete then pushed a 2 year starter to a tie in competition then that doesn’t sound like the starter is that good imo

• Like 2

I know I 💩 💩’d the kid in the other thread but if he’s as good as everyone is making him out to be then by all means come to Auburn.  I only saw him against Auburn and he looked overwhelmed. To me he looks like a very serviceable QB2 this season while Dee gets his feet under him.  Loy can move to team dad role and serve everyone orange slices after practice. Auburn can have a hell of a competition in 22 and 23.

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

If a guy who got benched then transferred and only had a summer to learn and compete then pushed a 2 year starter to a tie in competition then that doesn’t sound like the starter is that good imo

Yeah. If that's the situation, then you probably like the new guy's chances of improving during the season more than the vet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fredst said:

I have to admit, been on these boards for about 12 years now and this is about the damndest thread I’ve ever seen (if you combined it with the one in “Football” covering this same topic)

A thread that want stop

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

A thread that want stop

You have the power (🔒)

Edited by fredst

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Its my birthday I'm in a forgiven mood

Ah, I see, too many PBRs to work the keyboard. Happy Birthday you big lug🎂🍻🎁!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Hope you're enjoying the finest bud you can find. prawl.gif

Edited by W.E.D
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Happy birthday. Didn’t know they still counted after that many 😂  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Hope it's been a great day. Lots of popcorn and PBR no doubt.

• Like 1