LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

13 hours ago, fredst said:

This freaks me out as much as any post ever made on AUF😳

The caption really kicks it up a notch.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fredst said:

This freaks me out as much as any post ever made on AUF😳

What? That god awful green sweater? Or the hideous tie?

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

What? That god awful green sweater? Or the hideous tie?

Maybe just the John Wayne Gacy vibe. But, could be the sweater🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2021 at 6:37 PM, AUDevil said:

So Kaufman and KD Johnson may have to sit out this next year?

If Saban gets his way, they will. That decision is going to be very interesting. Is the SEC willing to give Saban his way, at the cost of isolating itself from the rest of the conferences and possibly costing the SEC it’s recruiting edge? I think they decide to allow immediate eligibility, but if they don’t, it’s because they have decided to let Saban and Smart make the rules. Catering to one or two schools is how the big twelve got into the situation it’s in. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If Saban gets his way, they will. That decision is going to be very interesting. Is the SEC willing to give Saban his way, at the cost of isolating itself from the rest of the conferences and possibly costing the SEC it’s recruiting edge? I think they decide to allow immediate eligibility, but if they don’t, it’s because they have decided to let Saban and Smart make the rules. Catering to one or two schools is how the big twelve got into the situation it’s in. 

I'm pretty Saban is for changing the rules. Kirby is openly against it. 

Saban just got an elite LB he'd like to use this season. I think Nick's thoughts towards transfers has been pretty spot on. He's not worried about his good players leaving and better schools are just going to steal talent from the poo schools. A good but of our transfers fit thst profile. 

Edited by W.E.D

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Saban said he didn’t really care about the transfer rule and said if it’s implemented he’ll just use it to his advantage 

33 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Saban said he didn’t really care about the transfer rule and said if it’s implemented he’ll just use it to his advantage 

I feel like I remember him wanting the players to sit a year. Maybe I’m wrong. Or maybe he’s changed his tune now that he has himself a prized transfer. Lol. Either way, I think they allow it, when it’s all said and done. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2019/07/17/nick-saban-transfer-portal-eligibility-waivers-free-agency-comments

Here is an article on its Saban seeming to be anti immediate eligibility. But maybe he’s changed up his thinking, now that he can benefit from it. 

Announcing Monday. Sounds like he already has his choice.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Who broke the story? Him or a site? 

Is assuming the SEC will chatheir rules or going out of conference? 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm pretty Saban is for changing the rules. Kirby is openly against it. 

Saban just got an elite LB he'd like to use this season. I think Nick's thoughts towards transfers has been pretty spot on. He's not worried about his good players leaving and better schools are just going to steal talent from the poo schools. A good but of our transfers fit thst profile. 

I don’t think Saban wants it changed either. I believe he thinks he can get the transfers he wants without playing them this year but does want to lose any.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Happen to know what the Houston and Penn State QB situation is like?

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Happen to know what the Houston and Penn State QB situation is like?

Pretty sure Penn State QBs are bad

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Pretty sure Penn State QBs are bad

They are. That’s one of the areas I thought we would have an advantage. 

Sounds like Finley silent-committed Friday

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886i06kxewy8aetytburm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

But why silent commit? Very interesting

He's supposedly been talking with our coaches a lot. Some even said they've been talking X's and O's with him so he's not behind if he does choose to come here.

Probably wanted to let the teams know before making it public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1