LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You can have that opinion. As I mentioned here, overwhelming amounts of folks here want Bo gone and can't think he can develop. But Finely would literally be in the exact same situation with Bo but an entire Spring behind. 

But somehow it'll only work out for Finley 

That is their opinion.

I know you don’t like it. I guess you are just going to have to learn how to sit with it. 

Edited by DAG

Just now, DAG said:

And that’s your perspective . Needing him for depth is your assumption.

see how that works?

I know TJ doesn’t feel like he is coming in here for depth purposes, instead to win the starting job.

I mean this is kind of the point of a message board. People share opinions and talk. 

That's what we're doing. 

Tj literally quoted as saying "I know they don't have a lot after Bo". But Ok

• Facepalm 1

On 5/14/2021 at 7:38 AM, DAG said:

"There is an opportunity there," Finley said. "A lot of people in the organization there since the new staff got there believe I can come in and compete for the starting job. It ain't like me going there to be a backup."

Yeah he is coming in here for depth purposes. Totally 

• Haha 2

Just now, DAG said:

That is there opinion.

I know you don’t like it. I guess you are just going to have to learn how to sit with it. 

Right and I have a different one, so I'm explaining it. I don't think you're right. We'll see. 

No one has to sit with anything. That's just stupid. Lol

Just now, DAG said:

Yes. He's going to come and try and end up the back up. Which is exactly what I've said

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, W.E.D said:

Right and I have a different one, so I'm explaining it. I don't think you're right. We'll see. 

No one has to sit with anything. That's just stupid. Lol

Well last time we had a discussion you got in your feelings and said I was attacking you sooo...just want to make sure you okay there. You can believe what you want man. 

Just now, DAG said:

Well last time we had a discussion you got in your feelings and said I was attacking you sooo...just want to make sure you okay there. You can believe what you want man. 

Not one got their feelings hurt. That's you projecting bc you can't handle someone disagreeing with you 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lmao, yeah coaches say s*** all the time to get players. 

Good for Harsin. 

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, W.E.D said:

Lmao, yeah coaches say s*** all the time to get players. 

Good for Harsin. 

Internet tough guy here guys. 

Just a thought. 

We have one spot left. Vandy DB is hopefully committing to us in Wednesday, that means we are out of spots. 

So Finely would either have to pay his own way or stay at home until fall camp starts

Just now, DAG said:

Internet tough guy here guys. 

Lmao how is that a tough guy? Every coach tells every recruit they can compete for a spot. 

That's recruiting 101

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, subterranean_jack said:

QB. If he is the Heisman candidate and champion some of you think he is, then Bo will be the first one to welcome Finley to Auburn.

It should be that simple but it is not and there is a reason why. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am not sure where you are trying to go with this. Finley is leaving a better QB room than we have period. Regardless how he played. Bo has played poorly. That is a fact. Not an opinion. Nobody in this thread is saying he will never be good, but he has yet to be.

It's not like we are bringing a kid to a QB room with an established QB who has actually been good to have to beat out.

One thing I noticed about Harsin was his comments to FInebaum when asked what he thought of Bo coming out of spring practice. It surprised me that Harsin never mentioned anything about his QB skills or how he actually performed in the spring game or at scrimmages. Harsin started off by saying "Bo is a hard worker..." and went from there to describe more about his demeanor and how he practiced and wanted to get better.

In pointing this out...As it relates to Finley possibly coming in, and the reasoning behind it....what I saw in HArsin's comments is the possibility that Bo has not proven yet to be the QB he needs to execute his offense at a high level.

What I see IF Finley comes in, is a HC who thinks FInley has the tools, and if he can learn the playbook, show success in his workouts and fall practices when they start will be the somewhat experienced and skilled backup Harsin wants. 

Now, if Bo improves and gets better in his passing percentages, his reads, etc...and helps us win then Harsin has done what he wants from Bo.

But if Bo struggles getting into the SEC...I think Harsin will bring in Finley to see if he can successfully operate Harsin/Bobo's offense. 

In 2022, then there could be a full blown QB competition. Something that Harsin definitely wants, IF Bo is not running his offense successfully.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean this is kind of the point of a message board. People share opinions and talk. 

That's what we're doing. 

Tj literally quoted as saying "I know they don't have a lot after Bo". But Ok

It doesn't matter whether we are pro Bo, pro Finley, anti Bo, etc. The reality is that we have a new regime with a HC and OC who both have long track records of preferring pocket passers. Bo has the chance to improve on that, but as of right now he does not fit that mold. A lot of his weaknesses such as bailing early, panicking, throwing off his back foot, etc. are things that a QB must have in a Harsin or Bobo offense. Thus, it's logical to conclude that a new staff bringing in a raw but extremely talented QB that fits their mold will give him every chance to win the job. If Finley comes in and wins over the team by beating out Bo, Harsin will quickly start to lose the culture he is building if he starts Bo. Finley will be their "guy". We'll have to see how it plays out in the summer and fall if Finley does come. But it will be a full blown competition, and if it is close or if Finley is better, the staff will not hesitate to name him the starter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

It doesn't matter whether we are pro Bo, pro Finley, anti Bo, etc. The reality is that we have a new regime with a HC and OC who both have long track records of preferring pocket passers. Bo has the chance to improve on that, but as of right now he does not fit that mold. A lot of his weaknesses such as bailing early, panicking, throwing off his back foot, etc. are things that a QB must have in a Harsin or Bobo offense. Thus, it's logical to conclude that a new staff bringing in a raw but extremely talented QB that fits their mold will give him every chance to win the job. If Finley comes in and wins over the team by beating out Bo, Harsin will quickly start to lose the culture he is building if he starts Bo. Finley will be their "guy". We'll have to see how it plays out in the summer and fall if Finley does come. But it will be a full blown competition, and if it is close or if Finley is better, the staff will not hesitate to name him the starter. 

I don't think it's a logical conclusion that a new staff is bring in an extremely raw QB and they expect him to start right away

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think it's a logical conclusion that a new staff is bring in an extremely raw QB and they expect him to start right away

I agree that they will not anoint him and promise him the job before he even hits campus. I think that if he comes in and plays close to or beats out Bo he will get the job. Who knows how fall camp will go. This staff seems to have the no favorites, best man win approach. Finely may be raw, but it's not like Bo is a polished quarterback. It may be a more even battle heading into camp than we would think

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

I agree that they will not anoint him and promise him the job before he even hits campus. I think that if he comes in and plays close to or beats out Bo he will get the job. Who knows how fall camp will go. This staff seems to have the no favorites, best man win approach. Finely may be raw, but it's not like Bo is a polished quarterback. It may be a more even battle heading into camp than we would think

Sure no one is saying he wouldn't get the job if he beats out Bo, just that he isn't going to in 15 practice when they are prepping for the season opener and Penn State. 

If he came in January he might have had a better chance, but possibly unlikely bc he wasn't very good in LSU's spring. Had multiple picks in their spring game. 

Edit appears fall camp is 25 practices

Edited by W.E.D

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sure no one is saying he wouldn't get the job if he beats out Bo, just that he isn't going to in 15 practice when they are prepping for the season opener and Penn State. 

If he came in January he might have had a better chance, but possibly unlikely bc he wasn't very good in LSU's spring. Had multiple picks in their spring game. 

Edit appears fall camp is 25 practices

You very well may be correct. I think a lot would depend on how quickly Finley learns the playbook over the summer before camp starts. If he can do that it will put him on more equal footing heading into camp. Despite being raw, Finley does a good job of staying in the pocket and delivering the ball, his decision making just needs work. He's just a lot closer to their style of QB than Bo right now. But look, I just want whoever plays composed and steps up in the pocket. Hopefully Bo has improved on those aspects. 

I thought this board was predominantly fans like me sharing opinions. According  to this thread, we have multiple insiders who have intimate knowledge of Coach Harsin’s player evaluations, intentions, and QB competition plans. If Coach doesn’t get more discreet, we’re liable to see his gameplans leaked on here in the fall. 😅 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I thought this board was predominantly fans like me sharing opinions. According  to this thread, we have multiple insiders who have intimate knowledge of Coach Harsin’s player evaluations, intentions, and QB competition plans. If Coach doesn’t get more discreet, we’re liable to see his gameplans leaked on here in the fall. 😅 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886otum38qciqumr8tt3x

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, mb711 said:

Finley vs A&M: 9/25, 118 yds, 0 TD 2 INT

Johnson vs A&M: 14/22 113 yds, 1 TD 0 INT

How much of that was garbage time: 

https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/01/grading-the-performances-of-each-quarterback-in-lsus-loss-to-texas-am/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Appears that most of it was considered meh

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah, Johnson came in mid way through the 3rd quarter after Finley threw a pick 6. Regardless, Finley was horrible in that game against a mediocre to bad LSU defense.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Come again?

Meant to say he was horrible that game and played bad against some mediocre to bad defenses(like ours).

4 minutes ago, mb711 said:

Meant to say he was horrible that game and played bad against some mediocre to bad defenses(like ours).

A&M gave up 1.7 points less than Georgia and was less than 2 points worse than Bama’s. Auburn’s D was 4th in the conference and he played in JHS. He literally played all 3 of the 3 best defenses, hardest situations, however you wanna qualify it lol

• Like 2
  • Love 1