LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Good lord 

Every thread turns into a Bo is a bad QB and will never be good. 

It wasn't long ago that DD was likely to beat out Bo this spring. I guess thst didn't happen and now we're on to the next QB who is most likely to unseat Bo. 

Unless it is a transfer QB ( I don’t believe that is Finley based on his output last year) that is extremely likely to start ( supplant Bo), I don’t believe we need to add another QB.

27 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Unless it is a transfer QB ( I don’t believe that is Finley based on his output last year) that is extremely likely to start ( supplant Bo), I don’t believe we need to add another QB.

I think we need a QB for depth and down the road. Definitely needs to be a talentrd kid. 

When Bo leaves, in 23 we'll have:

rsJr Finely 

RsSoph Dd

RsFr Kid from this class, plus maybe another. 

TrFr 23 class

That's now starting to look like a QB pipeline vs having a Soph starting and no upper class QBs

Anyone know if he's set a timeline to commit? I think we can mostly agree that he's a good talent and we want him here. 🤝

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not tho.

We got assumptions Harsin doesn't like Bo for his offense bc he only said he has great work ethic on Finebaum

Finely will benefit from new coaches (let's not forget his OC set records the year prior, it's not like they had Gus). 

Bo will be replaced by start of sec games if he struggles. 

Finely is likely to beat out Bo in camp and Harsin doesn't play favorites. 

vs Me. I like Finely, he has talent but needs to develop, we have absolutely 0 QB depth ,and it's likely a QB who was worse last year on a better team, and it's probably a take bc we need QBs vs need Bo's replacement in year 1 isn't going to beat out Bo in 20 practices when he's learning a brand new offense. 

And I'm the one "disagreeing" 

Ok, now you've brought me into this with your references to my post comments above (which are NOT accurate by you).

First, I never said..or made the assumption that Harsin doesn't like Bo. I have no clue if Harsin likes him. All i said was that by his comments it seemed odd that Harsin did not reference anything of Bo improving his game. When a coach says a player "works hard..." to me that tends to tell me he is not totally satisfied w Bo's actions ON THE FIELD.

Second, I never said Bo will be replaced...Just that it is possible if we sign Finley, and he shows he can handle Harsin's offense, then IF Bo struggles in the SEC, Harsin has a better option, of a QB who has played in the SEC, and has the tools to make plays, and help the offense.

You tend to make judgements totally off of comments me and others make about what might be our opinions. 

We are not stating facts, but you seem to jump on us and make assumptions and read them and react more than understand us.

Take a breath and know we are just trying to gain better understanding among us fans...nothing more. No agenda, promise. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Why does this thread read like Groundhog Day ?

"Jumping to conclusions."

believe me, I would love watching Ground Hog Day over and over (especially watching Andie McDowell), than this 1 vs the world against him thread...🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Finely will benefit from new coaches (let's not forget his OC set records the year prior, it's not like they had Gus). 

I'm not going to bother with the other stuff, but seriously? You realize that Joe Brady, the mastermind of the offense you're talking about, was working for the Carolina Panthers last season, right? Steve Ensminger, the notorious second half of "Nallsminger," was not AT ALL responsible for the offense LSU had in 2019.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It wasn't long ago that DD was likely to beat out Bo this spring. I guess thst didn't happen and now we're on to the next QB who is most likely to unseat Bo. 

This didn't start with Bo or, for that matter, with this board.   😀

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I understand the board overwhelmingly dislikes Bo, but he's going to be the starter this year. 

That is completely false. There is a difference in disliking someone and being critical of their performance. Stop it already man. This is insane with these straw man arguments.

I have one wife who twist words around already....certainly don't need a 2nd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

And he was terrible against them all. 

Auburn starter 2021

I feel like you argue just to argue lol. Go back and read my initial post, I didn’t mention that to excuse how he did. Did it to contextualize the difficulty of his games vs Brennan or Johnson 

There’s nothing wrong with admitting you don’t know what you’re talking about, are arguing off emotion, or just trolling 

hell when I’m wrong, sometimes I just don’t respond. But to keep going for pages on pages and treating your opinion as empirical fact lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Every thread turns into a Bo is a bad QB and will never be good. 

How long have you been around college football fan bases? There's a running joke that the backup QB is the most popular player on the team, because unless the team is performing well on offense, there's always a contingent that thinks the backup would do better than the starter.

But, the thing is, I don't remember seeing too many people saying Dematrius was going to beat out Bo this spring. And yeah, now we're on to the next QB who is most likely to unseat Bo...because we need such a quarterback to fill out the depth chart and give Bo some real competition so he has to push himself to get better. No one on the roster right now has been able to do that. 

I think what will be funny...is if after all this talk about Finley and now what some on here think is another implied attack on Bo, and who is going to replace him(yes, you WED), will be after all these posts and gnashing of teeth arguments...Finley doesn't come to Auburn... :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I think we need a QB for depth and down the road. Definitely needs to be a talentrd kid. 

When Bo leaves, in 23 we'll have:

rsJr Finely 

RsSoph Dd

RsFr Kid from this class, plus maybe another. 

TrFr 23 class

That's now starting to look like a QB pipeline vs having a Soph starting and no upper class QBs

I just don’t believe in today’s CFB world that you will keep “talented” QB’s for each year. At most 2 at a time to keep them from leaving.

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I'm not going to bother with the other stuff, but seriously? You realize that Joe Brady, the mastermind of the offense you're talking about, was working for the Carolina Panthers last season, right? Steve Ensminger, the notorious second half of "Nallsminger," was not AT ALL responsible for the offense LSU had in 2019.

Still running that same offense and calling the plays. It was a different level than what Gus ran here. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That is completely false. There is a difference in disliking someone and being critical of their performance. Stop it already man. This is insane with these straw man arguments.

I have one wife who twist words around already....certainly don't need a 2nd.

This is dumb. It's clearly in reference to the player not the person 

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

How long have you been around college football fan bases? There's a running joke that the backup QB is the most popular player on the team

Sure. Doesn't mean I'll stop pointing out how ridiculous it is. 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There’s nothing wrong with admitting you don’t know what you’re talking about, are arguing off emotion, or just trolling 

hell when I’m wrong, sometimes I just don’t respond. But to keep going for pages on pages and treating your opinion as empirical fact lol

No one is wrong yet.  What people are talking about hasn't happened. Maybe Finely wins the job and I'm wrong. Maybe Bo gets real coaching and is a successful QB. 

We don't know yet

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe this (trolling) to be true

Def not. I don't think Finley is going to beat out Bo, but will be a good QB in a few years. 

Don't think that's too much of a hot take