LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

Screenshot_20210512-201546_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0230a8eef865541957e828c7312eb76.jpg

Edited by Zeek

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

We looking at him? I would not be upset. He showed a lot of promise last year, just needs work

Yup. I'm a little surprised but a 6'6" kid with upside is never a bad idea. Would be surprised if he didn't prefer to go somewhere he can start right away.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup. I'm a little surprised but a 6'6" kid with upside is never a bad idea. Would be surprised if he didn't prefer to go somewhere he can start right away.

I agree. He'll be wanting to start, or at least have a good shot at it. I wonder if we get him if he'll have a legitimate shot. I would think Bo still gets the nod with playbook knowledge but new staff and a guy like Finley that seems to fit their mold of what they like in a QB... Bo may be losing a little sleep this summer.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

No way he comes or even seriously looks. With Bo and DD he would have to fight his ass off to ever even see the field. 

I'm curious how the staff feels about DD. They're pretty intentionally recruiting pocket passing pro-style Quarterbacks with decent size.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm curious how the staff feels about DD. They're pretty intentionally recruiting pocket passing pro-style Quarterbacks with decent size.

I think DD ends up transferring, but I also think that this kid wants to go somewhere he will definitely start sooner rather than later. 

I forsee the kid from savannah being the next guy to multi year start. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUGunsmith said:

I think DD ends up transferring, but I also think that this kid wants to go somewhere he will definitely start sooner rather than later. 

I forsee the kid from savannah being the next guy to multi year start. 

Are we sure Bo will be the starter come the opener? If I had to predict today I would think he is, as the staff said good things about him and he has the most knowledge of the playbook. I'm just not sold yet. They have zero loyalty to either him or DD. Harsin complemented him throughout spring, but who really knows what they're thinking behind the scenes. I think if we take a transfer at this position they are coming in with the understanding that the job is wide open.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Are we sure Bo will be the starter come the opener? If I had to predict today I would think he is, as the staff said good things about him and he has the most knowledge of the playbook. I'm just not sold yet. They have zero loyalty to either him or DD. Harsin complemented him throughout spring, but who really knows what they're thinking behind the scenes. I think if we take a transfer at this position they are coming in with the understanding that the job is wide open.

But this guy is leaving LSU because he was looking at possibly being the #3 guy. I dint see him being able to come here and unseat bo. 

If we take someone, I think it will be a waste when there are other positions with more glaring needs. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, au302 said:

I'd bet my first born dog Bo starts every game he's healthy until he leaves AU

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, au302 said:

I think Bo is QB1. But I do think it’s very telling that the staff is even looking at Finley. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I don’t see Finley coming here to be QB2. It has been said before that Bo doesn’t take coaching very well. Harsin won’t tolerate it the way Gus and Chad did 

Right. Y'all remember when Bo screamed at Chad on TV on the sidelines. I betcha Harsin would tell him to head to the locker room if he did that this year. Finley is a legit talent at quarterback, showed a ton of potential last year. LSU is stacked at that position. If he comes here, I think he will be a major factor at the minimum. I agree it's extremely telling that they are looking to bring someone in, especially with Geriner and Davis coming up the pipeline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Right. Y'all remember when Bo screamed at Chad on TV on the sidelines. I betcha Harsin would tell him to head to the locker room if he did that this year. Finley is a legit talent at quarterback, showed a ton of potential last year. LSU is stacked at that position. If he comes here, I think he will be a major factor at the minimum. I agree it's extremely telling that they are looking to bring someone in, especially with Geriner and Davis coming up the pipeline.

Lol. I don’t think Chad is a great coach but Bo definitely didn’t help himself when he was here. I feel like Dee will end up transferring, especially if Finley comes. Makes me sad cause I really liked the Nick Marshall moments that Dee shows but I will trust the new staff until I have a reason not to 

• Like 1

If we’re are pursuing this guy, maybe it’s not to unseat Bo in 2021. Harsin is already showing that he’s looking at the roster beyond this season. He’s looking further down the road. That’s not exactly something we’re used to. Finley might not come her to be #2 next this season.  But he might come here to ultimately play for a staff with a reputation of developing QBs and preparing them for the NFL, which Bobo and this staff have a track record of doing. Sound like they’re selling that to recruits. Better talent = more competition = better program. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Lol. I don’t think Chad is a great coach but Bo definitely didn’t help himself when he was here. I feel like Dee will end up transferring, especially if Finley comes. Makes me sad cause I really liked the Nick Marshall moments that Dee shows but I will trust the new staff until I have a reason not to 

I loved nicks time here. But I never want to see that offense again. 

Throws an incredibly pretty spiral. Not "mobile" per se but he navigates the pocket well. Decision making seems to be the biggest problem if I recall correctly.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I think Bo is QB1. But I do think it’s very telling that the staff is even looking at Finley. 

I think he’s too good to not look at him, but I also believe they’d look at anyone half decent from here on. I don’t think they currently have anyone on the roster they value enough to protect their feelings about their spot 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Throws an incredibly pretty spiral. Not "mobile" per se but he navigates the pocket well. Decision making seems to be the biggest problem if I recall correctly.

May be too early to tell. He was a true freshman thrown into a starting role with no spring training, and a roster very depleted from the previous year. At times he looked like a freshman, but at times he looked like a guy with a huge upside. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

Screenshot_20210512-201546_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0230a8eef865541957e828c7312eb76.jpg

I like this kid and think he has tons of potential. Would not be mad at all, if the coaching staff gave him a look. Thought he was in a weird transition at LSU.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Great spiral, stands tall in the pocket ( I know he is 6'6). Absolutely seemingly has a nice deep ball. Unfortunately, he can be quite a bit turnover-prone when the pocket collapses and not as agile as you would like. I feel like Bobo does well with these type of QBs though

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-football-transfer-QB-TJ-Finley-which-school-does-he-pick-165351171/

I hope this is ok to post. Free article so I figure it is, but if not, accept my sincere apologies and I will delete. Anyways, interesting read. Looks like this is a heavy pursuit and not us just kicking the tires. Some interesting quotes by him such as the new staff saying the competition would be open. I suppose they could just be saying that to lure him. Should be exciting to watch this play out.

• Like 1

This is the kid we whooped up on last year right? He was starter that game I believed.  Our defense was stout though, rough for a freshman.