Georgia Transfer KD Johnson commits to AU

GwillMac6

Averaged 13 PPG last year and 38% from three in only 22 minutes per game. Led the team with four 20 point scoring games. Only played in 16 games this past season.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4432363

https://247sports.com/Player/KD-Johnson-46057484/high-school-241201/

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=11098164

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, fredst said:

More importantly, what is happening with @GwillMac6? He just had a conversation with himself online......

Oh yeah, nothing- same ol’ @GwillMac6....

Not quite this time the  conversation with himself went on for an extented period of time....scary

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Per a source per JLee:

"I think Auburn is going to get him..."

If so does that mean Scoot to G-League is done?

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

If so does that mean Scoot to G-League is done?

Not necessarily as AU does have two spots remaining. Bruce is AFTER guards this cycle.

This would be an interesting addition. The guy can play for sure and we all saw that last year while he was at uga. He can also handle the ball pretty well so this would give us another guy you can play the 1 and 2. But he also doesn't pair really well with other PGs that we brought in with Green and Zep. Always tough playing 2 smaller guys in the back court. But we will have a lot of size at the other 3 spots so maybe we can pull it off without giving too much up on Defense. And Johnson is no slouch on the defensive side. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

This would be an interesting addition. The guy can play for sure and we all saw that last year while he was at uga. He can also handle the ball pretty well so this would give us another guy you can play the 1 and 2. But he also doesn't pair really well with other PGs that we brought in with Green and Zep. Always tough playing 2 smaller guys in the back court. But we will have a lot of size at the other 3 spots so maybe we can pull it off without giving too much up on Defense. And Johnson is no slouch on the defensive side. 

I think Bruce wants to bring in as many guards as possible and then sort out what he has. The more we take the better chance we end up with a few good ones. You can’t play 13, some of these guys won’t pan out as rotation pieces. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Averaged 13 PPG last year and 38% from three in only 22 minutes per game. Led the team with four 20 point scoring games. Only played in 16 games this past season.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4432363

https://247sports.com/Player/KD-Johnson-46057484/high-school-241201/

That cat was a nuisance.  That was his first game back of I recall.  Didn't know we were in on this guy.  Love sticking it to Crean!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yup he's AU today or tomorrow likely a reaction to the fact Scoot is g-o-n-e.

6 hours ago, jared52 said:

What is happening at UGA?

I don't know but I get the feeling this coming year is Crean's swansong. 

9 transfers in a single off-season. Oof. 

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not necessarily as AU does have two spots remaining. Bruce is AFTER guards this cycle.

HArd to believe Pearl is going to take Scoot AND Johnson. Something's got to give here.

We lost 4 guards this year, and we are replacing them w/ 5 guards based on your comment? I don't see it. 

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

HArd to believe Pearl is going to take Scoot AND Johnson. Something's got to give here.

We lost 4 guards this year, and we are replacing them w/ 5 guards based on your comment? I don't see it. 

Travis Branham CB’d Scoot to the G League today with 7 confidence. He doesn’t usually miss. 

• Sad 2

Wheeler to UK. JD to Auburn(?). He was their top guy off the bench. UGA's backcourt has taken a big time hit, which I thought was pretty good as a group. I'll take some experienced, tough minded guys with something to prove, eager to play for a far better coach, frontcourt, and fanbase. 🤞

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Wheeler to UK. JD to Auburn(?). He was their top guy off the bench. UGA's backcourt has taken a big time hit, which I thought was pretty good as a group. I'll take some experienced, tough minded guys with something to prove, eager to play for a far better coach, frontcourt, and fanbase. 🤞

Kentucky is back to stacking their team.  I really think Cal felt the heat from the fanbase this year. I think he has done a better job this year of finding a balance of experience and skill. They will be tougher. But we should be too. 

• Like 2

• WarTiger changed the title to Georgia G Transfer KD Johnson

19 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

UGA's backcourt taking a big hit? How about the WHOLE team? They are losing 10 players w/ 3 left. 

• Like 1