BO and TJ

aubiefifty

Let the best man win. It’ll be nice having some guys that can compete for a change, including Davis. Guys that can make each other better regardless of the starter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I’ve heard of this new punk band out of Seattle. The “Arm Punts” put on some great shows lately!

And a much better band than the 90s grunge bad The Arm Pits.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

He obviously didn't mean literally every single Auburn fan and he's right. Every big time player that comes through here gets compared to somebody, but it even goes beyond that. I'll be reeeeaaaal blunt about it. Black quarterbacks have historically been assumed to be "dual threat" and are always compared to each other, and every since 2010 big, black quarterbacks have been compared to Cam. Yes, this fanbase compared JJ to Cam. I even remember some people calling Kiehl Frazier "Baby Cam". (Can you imagine??) John Franklin III was the next Nick Marshall, and so on down the line. (Conversely, I don't recall Johnny Manziel ever being compared to Mike Vick...) 

Fortunately, as the Finley conversation shows, that's tapering off. Exposure and familiarity are winning the fight against ignorance. Or at least gaining ground. 

The comment might have been made prematurely but it was based on years of precedent. 

I think it's pretty dang common to compare a current QB to a former QB regardless of his race. I don't see any reason to get panties in a wad over it. It's just what happens. Who really cares.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Let the best man win. It’ll be nice having some guys that can compete for a change, including Davis. Guys that can make each other better regardless of the starter.

And a coach who will encourage them to. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

My player comps for Bo and TJ

Bo a less accurate Sean White

TJ a bigger version of Jeff George

Bo is like Sean White on steroids though. He’s faster, more elusive, and has a bigger arm.

Just now, McLoofus said:

And a coach who will encourage them to. 

We go from Sandberg and Loy to Finley and Davis. What a massive change that is lol 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

We go from Sandberg and Loy to Finley and Davis. What a massive change that is lol 

Yep. But we also had Gatewood and Nix and we see how that went.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep. But we also had Gatewood and Nix and we see how that went.

This post immediately after your previous one makes no sense at all 🤷

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Bo is like Sean White on steroids though. He’s faster, more elusive, and has a bigger arm.

If Bo would stand in with that grit like SW did and stand tall in the pocket and not throw off of his back foot as much. Those are the two biggest things. Those things would help him be more consistent in the passing game IMO. The completion percentage may not ever drastically change, but the fundamentals as far as in the pocket are crucial and a must if he is going to take a step forward.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If Bo would stand in with that grit like SW did and stand tall in the pocket and not throw off of his back foot as much. Those are the two biggest things. Those things would help him be more consistent in the passing game IMO. The completion percentage may not ever drastically change, but the fundamentals as far as in the pocket are crucial and a must if he is going to take a step forward.

And this can only be coached to a certain extent. At some point, you either turn the corner, or you never do. I'm sure Bo has been told this 1000 times already.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

My player comps for Bo and TJ

Bo a less accurate Sean White

TJ a bigger version of Jeff George

Based on what?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Based on what?

Well since it is my comp, it would be based on my opinion and observations. 

Edited by auburnphan

For all the QB guys that know, what is lacking in TJ’s game? From what I see on stats he was lower in completion percentage than Bo’s last 2 years (one of his games (USCe was at 80% so his other stats had to be pretty low).

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Well since it is my comp, it would be based on my opinion and observations. JFC

Gotcha, didn’t remember much about Jeff George so was trying to get your comparisons. Thx

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Gotcha, didn’t remember much about Jeff George so was trying to get your comparisons. Thx

George had a very strong arm, was a big qb for his era, 6’4 220.  His delivery is very similar and quick as well.  Similar mobility in and out of the pocket.  Great football IQ’s but have tendency to have too much confidence in their arm strength and will force balls into tight windows leading to interceptions.

I say White for Bo because of his competitiveness which can compensate for weaknesses in his game.  I also think that Sean White was a better QB than Bo, but If Bo fixes things that would be his peak. 

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 1

Love all the Sean White banter.  Easily one of my favorites for the way he played and one of the least respected for what he did.  Gus is out of here in 2016 without Sean.  Stidham was the better Qb but always felt like Sean got the short end of the stick constantly from Gus.  Maybe it was the partying and behind the scenes stuff.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

For all the QB guys that know, what is lacking in TJ’s game? From what I see on stats he was lower in completion percentage than Bo’s last 2 years (one of his games (USCe was at 80% so his other stats had to be pretty low).

Decision making and consistency 

3 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Bo is like Sean White on steroids though. 

Sean White had enough substances in his system without steroids.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Love all the Sean White banter.  Easily one of my favorites for the way he played and one of the least respected for what he did.  Gus is out of here in 2016 without Sean.  Stidham was the better Qb but always felt like Sean got the short end of the stick constantly from Gus.  Maybe it was the partying and behind the scenes stuff.

Sean was always a warrior. As a kid I always remember how my dad talked about ben leard, almost every game I remember watching at that age, it felt like he got hurt, but always got back up. I always had a respect for him, even tho I don’t remember him playing vividly (other than a few games). I have signed autographs in my man cave and one of them is BL.

Edited by Maverick.AU

4 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

59 minutes ago, lanierau78 said:

All I can say is may the best man (for Auburn) Win. I trust our coaches to make the right decision 

Me too!!

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Sean White had enough substances in his system without steroids.

It's not like he went to the parties all by himself

• Like 1