BO and TJ

aubiefifty

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not manipulating anything.  They had an absurdly better offense than us.  Every QB that replaced TJ performed drastically better.

You know if you don't show your work the teacher is going to think you are cheating, right?

You have manipulated words throughout this thread

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Joe Burrow as awful in his 4th year as a QB.  5th year he was elite.  What changed, coaching.  Could Bo get drastically better just b/c we have a real OC?  I think so.

Joe Burrow also didn't have the issues that Bo has with pocket presence and mechanics that I recall either. 

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So TJ Finely spent time learning and offense that was very good....but

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Again...you manipulate words. The man didn't say TJ was in an LSU offense that was very good. He said he has a year of learning concepts that Bo doesn't have. 

Just now, cole256 said:

You still trying to run away from what you did I see

If I was running away I wouldn't still be talking.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

what I will say is LSU's offense that tj played in wasn't as good as the one Joe burrow played in. So using jb offensive stats for tj is being disingenuous and manipulative. 

I agree with that, mainly b/c Joe Burrow wasn't the QB and they didn't have multiple elite WRs and RB.  But it was still fundamentally the same offense.  Plays, scheme, etc.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Hell I could say well look at what Marshall did in Gus offense. Are you saying that particular offense wasn't good?

Nick completed liked 57% of his passes.  The only thing he was able to do was connect with Sammy on deep balls, that Bo has struggled with.  What made Nick elite was his running ability and it covered up his below average passing ability.

We haven't had a QB that can run and hurt defenses since Nick.  If we kept running QBs we could have absurdly week passing concepts.  We can't do that with the QBs we had after Nick.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The overall point is if you don't think comparing them is accurate then don't use other things to compare them to work in your argument's favor. If I can't say look at how Bo played against good teams then you can't say look at how tj did or vice versa

There is always nuances when you make comparisons.  It's not just black and white.  There is some grey.  So when we compare them, we can also understand one played in a really poor offensive scheme and one didn't.

Bo actually has better stats than Finely, on a bad team with a weak offense.

On 5/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, aubiefifty said:

quote from tj

quote:

Auburn’s coaching staff reached out to Finley a few days after he announced his decision to transfer from LSU, and the message from first-year head coach Bryan Harsin and offensive coordinator Mike Bobo was, according to Finley, “very clear” — they want him to come in and try to compete for the starting job this fall.

“They have a new system going in, and they feel like I fit their system, and it’s a lot of things that they are telling me that are very promising,”

another person said he thinks bo will go pro this year and tj would be the starter next year which i have my doubts but i am just a fan. my problem is what happens when bo goes pro? i just do not think unless he ups his game he might not get drafted as a qb. his numbers just do not add up so far. and let me be clear i hope the young man nails it and goes number one. thoughts?

“Bo going pro” lol XFL?

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You know if you don't show your work the teacher is going to think you are cheating, right?

You have manipulated words throughout this thread

Finely then Max

Auburn -

13/24 143 2 picks and a fumble

15/24 172 1TD

A&M

9/25 118 35% 2INT

14/22 113 64% 1 TD

Bama

14/28 50% 144 1TD

11/17 65% 110

You can compile those stats if you'd like and see Max came in and produced.  I believe TJ's biggest issue is decision making and throwing Picks.

That's why he was 3rd after the LSU Spring game where he went 10/18 and two INTs.

Guy throws a lot of interceptions.  That is age and experience.  Decision making will get better over time and start to match the elite physical skill set he has.  That is why I'm really high on him long term and want him on our roster.

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Nick completed liked 57% of his passes.  The only thing he was able to do was connect with Sammy on deep balls, that Bo has struggled with.  What made Nick elite was his running ability and it covered up his below average passing ability.

So now you are telling the board that Nick Marshall was a trash and couldn't tie Bo's shoes? 

6 minutes ago, woodford said:

“Bo going pro” lol XFL?

I'd love to see who think Bo is going Pro after this year.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So now you are telling the board that Nick Marshall was a trash and couldn't tie Bo's shoes? 

Bless your heart, dear.  No.

That was another poster that said the tie shoes comment

Edited by W.E.D
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Bless your heart, dear.  No.

I am just trying my hand at your game. Take a part of someone's post, not read the rest and completely manipulate that to fit a narrative. Not so fun when you are on the other end.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I am just trying my hand at your game. Take a part of someone's post, not read the rest and completely manipulate that to fit a narrative. Not so fun when you are on the other end.

There we go.  Get mad at someone doing something then do it themselves. 

Glad we've come full circle.

Don't miss out on that work I pulled for you.  Did some extra credit and showed my work on the spring game too

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Only I can talk about shoe tying!  This post is high level offseason what ifing.  Also anyone who saw the 2009 spring game knows Barrett Trotter should have started in 2010.  

42 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If I was running away I wouldn't still be talking.

I agree with that, mainly b/c Joe Burrow wasn't the QB and they didn't have multiple elite WRs and RB.  But it was still fundamentally the same offense.  Plays, scheme, etc.

We haven't had a QB that can run and hurt defenses since Nick.  If we kept running QBs we could have absurdly week passing concepts.  We can't do that with the QBs we had after Nick.

There is always nuances when you make comparisons.  It's not just black and white.  There is some grey.  So when we compare them, we can also understand one played in a really poor offensive scheme and one didn't.

Bo actually has better stats than Finely, on a bad team with a weak offense.

Right there is grey so how good is an offense without the high level skill players? How many players were replaced from the championship team? Were you talking about how good LSU's offense was before last year? 

Nah I'm not going to let you pass judgement on this guy but paint Bo as a beacon of light. Bo had the accuracy issues for a long time. It's either both need work or they both get passes. That's it

50 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Were you talking about how good LSU's offense was before last year? 

No, I was talking about last year.  They were the #35 ranked offense.  They had a good offense last year.  We were in the 70s

50 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah I'm not going to let you pass judgement on this guy but paint Bo as a beacon of light.

Never said he was the beacon of light.  I've laid it out pretty clearly why I think Bo wills start and a lot of it has to do with when Finely might get here, limited time with coaches, limited practices, etc.  There is a lot more to it than Bo being better than the past.  Better doesn't mean amazing.

What's more, I've been extremely high on Finely.  I think he has an elite skill set, but he's young and makes bad decisions.  He's thrown a lot of picks and even did so in their spring game, which is why he was 3rd on the DC.  So let him learn how to make good decisions vs starting this year.

I've even stated Finely has an even better starting in '22 if both are still here.  Unless they are elite talents, I don't think many QBs should start as a Fr/Soph.  Bo certainly shouldn't have and Finely shouldn't have last year.

Edited by W.E.D

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gotta bring this oldy back

tumblr_inline_o4y333XFZJ1srob4n_400.gif

Some will understand, some won't

98151870404619c10e3078347c053b02--ghost-

LOL

Edited by AUDevil
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No, I was talking about last year.  They were the #35 ranked offense.  They had a good offense last year.  We were in the 70s

Never said he was the beacon of light.  I've laid it out pretty clearly why I think Bo wills start and a lot of it has to do with when Finely might get here, limited time with coaches, limited practices, etc.  There is a lot more to it than Bo being better than the past.  Better doesn't mean amazing.

What's more, I've been extremely high on Finely.  I think he has an elite skill set, but he's young and makes bad decisions.  He's thrown a lot of picks and even did so in their spring game, which is why he was 3rd on the DC.  So let him learn how to make good decisions vs starting this year.

I've even stated Finely has an even better starting in '22 if both are still here.  Unless they are elite talents, I don't think many QBs should start as a Fr/Soph.  Bo certainly should have and Finely shouldn't have last year.

As far as that Bo couldn't read defenses and throw down field and things of that nature so we can't pretend that he's a great decision maker. I remember actually when it was time for him to make a decision he didn't even understand to throw the ball as time was running out as opposed to running it.

As far as your last paragraph that Bo certainly should've started and Finley shouldn't have that's dumb and laughable but maybe you made a typo

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

As far as that Bo couldn't read defenses and throw down field and things of that nature so we can't pretend that he's a great decision maker.

He didn't have decisions to make.  You've even said you've been pointing that out for years.  We were a one read offense.  Doesn't matter the QB, always was.

Believe Harsin, after the spring game, praised Bo on making good decisions.  Also checked us into correct plays.

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

As far as your last paragraph that Bo certainly should've started and Finley shouldn't have that's dumb and laughable but maybe you made a typo

Haha, yes.  Freudian split there lol.  Neither should have started, is what I mean to say.  We can look at both of their results and see they weren't ready to be starters in the SEC.

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He didn't have decisions to make.  You've even said you've been pointing that out for years.  We were a one read offense.  Doesn't matter the QB, always was.

Believe Harsin, after the spring game, praised Bo on making good decisions.  Also checked us into correct plays.

Haha, yes.  Freudian split there lol.  Neither should have started, is what I mean to say.  We can look at both of their results and see they weren't ready to be starters in the SEC.

It's an offense that certainly unlike pro offenses and takes alot of the responsibilities away from a QB that they normally have but it's not as simple as you are making it out to be. He's still supposed to scan the field and throw to a person depending on the scenario.

There was one play the uga game where he had to know the linebacker was coming in hot. It was obvious as everybody was spread out which should tell you it's man coverage and the back not there if the linebacker is still at the line of scrimmage his only purpose is to blitz. You know there's more people coming at you than blocking for you.....you just have to be aware as a QB. 

And he wasn't the best at it. Both years he didn't have the best td/int ratio. And he didn't have the best wr's and there were drops but as far as td's go the wr's helped him out a bunch as far as redzone and td's with some circus catches. 

And the way I look at it would harsin say anything else. I can't see reason why he would do anything other than publicly praise Bo

It's an offense that certainly unlike pro offenses and takes alot of the responsibilities away from a QB that they normally have but it's not as simple as you are making it out to be. He's still supposed to scan the field and throw to a person depending on the scenario.

There was one play the uga game where he had to know the linebacker was coming in hot. It was obvious as everybody was spread out which should tell you it's man coverage and the back not there if the linebacker is still at the line of scrimmage his only purpose is to blitz. You know there's more people coming at you than blocking for you.....you just have to be aware as a QB. 

And he wasn't the best at it. Both years he didn't have the best td/int ratio. And he didn't have the best wr's and there were drops but as far as td's go the wr's helped him out a bunch as far as redzone and td's with some circus catches. 

And the way I look at it would harsin say anything else. I can't see reason why he would do anything other than publicly praise Bo

I don't really disagree with you.  I've said it many times, maybe I'm blinded by how awful Gus was.

If we really wanted someone to push Bo, we should have gotten a grad type transfer.  Finely is the future, hopefully.  People respond to me acting like I don't think he's good.  He is an exceptional talent that I want on our roster.

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Whoever is in the QB room come August I'm putting my trust in Bobo's resume of QBs.  Its stupid impressive when he was at Georgia.

I am still cautious with Bobo.  I know my UGA friends did not like him at UGA and were thrilled when we hired him.  It gave me flashbacks to when Alabama fans were doing what they could for Auburn to keep Malzahn.

Edited by abw0004

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

I am still cautious with Bobo.  I know my UGA friends did not like him at UGA and were thrilled when we hired him.  It gave me flashbacks to when Alabama fans were doing what they could for Auburn to keep Malzahn.

Lets not forget the OC they hired to replace Bobo when he left got CRM fired.  It's always greener on the other side.

I wouldn't be shocked if they have had an offense as good as the last few Bobo had.  

Just now, W.E.D said:

I don't really disagree with you.  I've said it many times, maybe I'm blinded by how awful Gus was.

If we really wanted someone to push Bo, we should have gotten a grad type transfer.  Finely is the future, hopefully.  People respond to me acting like I don't think he's good.  He is an exceptional talent that I want on our roster.

I think a guy saying if I come it's because I can beat him out is the greatest amount of "push" that can be given. You see take all the excuses, reasons, beliefs out of it the bottom line is as far as QB goes throwing the ball is very important and Bo wasn't the best thrower of the ball. So whether people want to believe it or not bringing in a guy with a bunch of arm talent is a threat. Period. 

The coaches aren't in any position to play favorite. They've already established fresh starts and performance is the only thing that matters. So all anybody will be able to go off is performance. Also Bo hasn't ever had any worries as someone having a chance behind him. If nothing else games he's had such as against Florida, Tennessee, South c....even if he wins the starting job he can be pulled if he's not performing. That matters too.

• Like 1

I think a guy saying if I come it's because I can beat him out is the greatest amount of "push" that can be given. You see take all the excuses, reasons, beliefs out of it the bottom line is as far as QB goes throwing the ball is very important and Bo wasn't the best thrower of the ball. So whether people want to believe it or not bringing in a guy with a bunch of arm talent is a threat. Period. 

The coaches aren't in any position to play favorite. They've already established fresh starts and performance is the only thing that matters. So all anybody will be able to go off is performance. Also Bo hasn't ever had any worries as someone having a chance behind him. If nothing else games he's had such as against Florida, Tennessee, South c....even if he wins the starting job he can be pulled if he's not performing. That matters too.

I don't think we'll see favorites. We'll see a competition.  I don't think Bo is skating, from all accounts he's a hard worker. 

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think we'll see favorites. We'll see a competition.  I don't think Bo is skating, from all accounts he's a hard worker. 

I don't think we'll see it either. I think we saw it in the past. I wrote what I wrote to say now a competition really means just that now and Bo will have to take it seriously, especially from a guy with a tremendous arm

Please God, make it stop!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1