BO and TJ

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Please God, make it stop!

We're just getting started. 

Wait until he commits.  Up another level.  Then when spring practice starts and leaks of the 1st scrimmage is when things are gonna get fun

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No, I was talking about last year.  They were the #35 ranked offense.  They had a good offense last year.  We were in the 70s

Never said he was the beacon of light.  I've laid it out pretty clearly why I think Bo wills start and a lot of it has to do with when Finely might get here, limited time with coaches, limited practices, etc.  There is a lot more to it than Bo being better than the past.  Better doesn't mean amazing.

What's more, I've been extremely high on Finely.  I think he has an elite skill set, but he's young and makes bad decisions.  He's thrown a lot of picks and even did so in their spring game, which is why he was 3rd on the DC.  So let him learn how to make good decisions vs starting this year.

I've even stated Finely has an even better starting in '22 if both are still here.  Unless they are elite talents, I don't think many QBs should start as a Fr/Soph.  Bo certainly shouldn't have and Finely shouldn't have last year.

IMO if Finley is here and listed as #2 on DC, DD goes. 

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

IMO if Finley is here and listed as #2 on DC, DD goes. 

Maybe.  Not worried about running off weaker talent by brining in better talent

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Maybe.  Not worried about running off weaker talent by brining in better talent

I agree, that cannot be a concern when deciding who to offer.

Maybe I'm just getting old and irritable, and maybe it's because I don't understand why we have a separate TJ thread (a guy who isn't an Auburn player), but why does this guy keep on spelling it like "Finely" 

that has to bother someone else. 

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I am still cautious with Bobo.  I know my UGA friends did not like him at UGA and were thrilled when we hired him.  It gave me flashbacks to when Alabama fans were doing what they could for Auburn to keep Malzahn.

Same.  I just look at the names that were Qbs under him and can't help but be impressed.  I hate to say this but I almost hope Harsin would pull a Gus and call plays if the offense was really going poorly. 

58 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Maybe I'm just getting old and irritable, and maybe it's because I don't understand why we have a separate TJ thread (a guy who isn't an Auburn player), but why does this guy keep on spelling it like "Finely" 

that has to bother someone else. 

Spelling is hard

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

There we go.  Get mad at someone doing something then do it themselves. 

Dude, you don't get up early enough to make me mad. I find it funny. 

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Finely then Max

Auburn -

13/24 143 2 picks and a fumble

15/24 172 1TD

A&M

9/25 118 35% 2INT

14/22 113 64% 1 TD

Bama

14/28 50% 144 1TD

11/17 65% 110

You can compile those stats if you'd like and see Max came in and produced.  I believe TJ's biggest issue is decision making and throwing Picks.

That's why he was 3rd after the LSU Spring game where he went 10/18 and two INTs.

Guy throws a lot of interceptions.  That is age and experience.  Decision making will get better over time and start to match the elite physical skill set he has.  That is why I'm really high on him long term and want him on our roster.

I don't think stats tell much of a story as some folk, but why did you leave these out?

QB1 - 17-21 265 2TD 1 int

QB2 - 24-47 272 1 TD 3 int

Again, you pick and choose what fit's your narrative it seems. It's ok. Most media outlets do the same. 

31 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't think stats tell much of a story as some folk, but why did you leave these out?

QB1 - 17-21 265 2TD 1 int

QB2 - 24-47 272 1 TD 3 int

Again, you pick and choose what fit's your narrative it seems. It's ok. Most media outlets do the same. 

I honestly don't know what those are from.  I guess the South Carolina game and another one Max started?  If so, one seems like an outlier and one was a trend.  3.5 games and he had 6 turnovers.  That happens with young QBs.  He's got talent, just needs to develop.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He's got talent, just needs to develop.

This we can agree on, but even so he can develop as a starter. I don't know that it happens, but it could.

On 5/17/2021 at 12:56 PM, DAG said:

There is a huge discussion about this in the recruiting thread, but why would this be the best case? Wouldn't the best case be to have the best player here to play the QB position ?

I say best case because if he wins the job I'm betting we end up with TJ and the other guys that are not ready to play or just not the talent we are looking for in the SEC (unless someone really surprises us). Best case is Bo is the best QB for us this season.

On 5/17/2021 at 2:40 PM, AUinfusion said:

I feel like some people are misreading the AUCiv90's post, semi-purposely, due to previous conversations on the subject. AUCiv explains his reason pretty plainly. If I read him correctly we have to have space between high calibre QBs to keep them from transferring. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if *both* are potentially really good players, if the JR loses out to the So, the JR is gone (transfer portal). The other way around, Finley could play a few games, RS, and have two years left as a starter. This is honestly why I was hoping to see Gatewood pull ahead of Bo. Bo could have RS'd and put enough buffer between him and Joey to make waiting his turn reasonable.

You win - im talking more about spacing the guys out and having good talent in the event Bo gets hurt and having the next man up when he leaves. 

So is Finley any good?  He was god-awful against a weak AU D last year...is he better than that?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUDevil said:

So is Finley any good?  He was god-awful against a weak AU D last year...is he better than that?

Follow who is recruiting him: Harsin and Bobo, Sarkisian at UT, Yurcich at PSU, and now Bama is getting involved. That tells me his upside is way high. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Follow who is recruiting him: Harsin and Bobo, Sarkisian at UT, Yurcich at PSU, and now Bama is getting involved. That tells me his upside is way high. 

The guy is just trolling.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Nope his really really god awful........really

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AUDevil said:

PS. Yes

Lets watch the language posting in gifs.....................

Edited by augolf1716
language

12 hours ago, AUDevil said:

What's funny is you can't be sure if you're serious or not

19 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We're just getting started. 

Wait until he commits.  Up another level.  Then when spring practice starts and leaks of the 1st scrimmage is when things are gonna get fun

Well these are the same jokes that were made the spring Bo came in and there were a bunch stuff that was very accurate in that thread

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

For the haterz

Taken number 1 in the CFL draft......yeah for the haters 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1