BO and TJ

aubiefifty

Looks like we got us a Bo Nix vs Joey Gatewood Part II TJ Finley party tomorrow. I was almost afraid I'd have nothing to talk about this summer...

Man the jokes are pretty stale. Need something else to talk about. Just let Bo have the job and blame the o line and get on with it already

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Man the jokes are pretty stale. Need something else to talk about. Just let Bo have the job and blame the o line and get on with it already

Cole, how’s the recovery going?

TJ has the highest ceiling of any recent QB prospect we've gotten. He won't be a running threat, but arguably, with Tank in the backfield and the combination of TEs and Big WRs that we have, we won't need him to be because that's a backshoulder fade/seam splitter combo hell for defenses.

The man has a Howitzer for an arm with good placement that was hampered by newness to the LSU system. That would remedy our accuracy problems and even better is that he sets his feet.

He's a significant Upgrade IF he learns the system right because:
- Pro Ready Arm Talent And Size
- Doesn't Need To Move To See Over OL which means he will be able to stay in the pocket
- Solid Throwing Motion Despite Longer Arms & Steps Into Throws w/ back foot normally in good position. (Not always clean.)
- Can make ALL the throws.

Cons:
-Can be baited into making bad throws just because he has the ability to get the ball there. (May be a problem if he and the WRs aren't on the same page.)
-Not mobile, don't know about his throw on the run.
-Arguably too aggressive down the field, relying on the fade ball too much for those throws instead of other types of throws.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Cons:
-Can be baited into making bad throws just because he has the ability to get the ball there. (May be a problem if he and the WRs aren't on the same page.)
-Not mobile, don't know about his throw on the run.
-Arguably too aggressive down the field, relying on the fade ball too much for those throws instead of other types of throws.

Bring on the arm punts!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just here to watch some people assume that he's a dual-threat and start making Cam comparisons just because of the size and other similarities...

I prefer DT QB's, but I'm about tired of the one we've got, so hopefully this pro style guy can live up the hype that I'm sure we will give him. 

5 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Just here to watch some people assume that he's a dual-threat and start making Cam comparisons just because of the size and other similarities...

Don't think I've seen anyone do this yet.

I prefer DT QB's, but I'm about tired of the one we've got, so hopefully this pro style guy can live up the hype that I'm sure we will give him. 

Every very good modern QB can run and is athletic enough to run around.  I think there is a difference between being a statue and being able to move around and run if needed.

Edited by W.E.D

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bring on the arm punts!

Brings back school playground memories, "pass punt!".  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

You are the only person who has done that . Congrats 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Smarter Ryan Mallet maybe?

Petrino and Ryan was a crazy pairing. We can only hope..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

It happened over and over with JJ, which set him up to be a let down. Hopefully we as the fan base can know what to expect and not jump straight to, "He's the next Cam!" 

We've done it with JJ and Joey, and before we know it we will be like UGA fans heralding in the next Herschel every few years.

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

It will get worse once he puts on an Auburn uniform.  "Cam"parison in the first minute or so:

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

It will get worse once he puts on an Auburn uniform.  "Cam"parison in the first minute or so:

She said he has a similar size to Cam which is facts! She did not say his game was like Cam. And it wasn't a random comparison. The guy working with him also worked with Cam. Y'all are reaching lol.

Edited by DAG

"He has worked with guys that are as big as me, Cam Newton, that has my stature and has the issues, some little things that I can fix as far as bringing my hips through, not using all arms," Finley said. "With his NFL background he's brought a lot of things personally for me to get better at."

Out of his own mouth. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Bring on the arm punts!

I’ve heard of this new punk band out of Seattle. The “Arm Punts” put on some great shows lately!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

She said he has a similar size to Cam which is facts! She did not say his game was like Cam. And it wasn't a random comparison. The guy working with him also worked with Cam. Y'all are reaching lol.

I genuinely hope that I am reaching, but recent history says that this fan base will take the comparison and run with it. 

• Like 1

I genuinely hope that I am reaching, but recent history says that this fan base will take the comparison and run with it. 

Nothing like putting every Auburn fan in the same bag (which includes you if you are indeed an actual Auburn fan).

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Nothing like putting every Auburn fan in the same bag (which includes you if you are indeed an actual Auburn fan).

Our fan base does it. Prove me wrong. And yes, my diploma says Auburn University on it. 

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He obviously didn't mean literally every single Auburn fan and he's right. Every big time player that comes through here gets compared to somebody, but it even goes beyond that. I'll be reeeeaaaal blunt about it. Black quarterbacks have historically been assumed to be "dual threat" and are always compared to each other, and every since 2010 big, black quarterbacks have been compared to Cam. Yes, this fanbase compared JJ to Cam. I even remember some people calling Kiehl Frazier "Baby Cam". (Can you imagine??) John Franklin III was the next Nick Marshall, and so on down the line. (Conversely, I don't recall Johnny Manziel ever being compared to Mike Vick...) 

Fortunately, as the Finley conversation shows, that's tapering off. Exposure and familiarity are winning the fight against ignorance. Or at least gaining ground. 

The comment might have been made prematurely but it was based on years of precedent. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1