Baseball v Mizzou Game 1

Final. AU 15 - UM 6. Jack is back!  6 scoreless innings.  🦅🦅🦅

• Like 1

We played really well last night until the bottom of the 8th. Not to pile on too much, but you can't come into a 15-2 game and walk the leadoff guy on four straight pitches. The way the game ended allowed Mizzou to build momentum going into this next game and the rest of the series and might've undone a lot of the good work the offense and Jack did to that point. This game is so much about confidence, and giving Mizzou the chance to get comfortable at the plate and build some confidence is not what we needed to happen. 

So, we need to come out tonight and put together a really strong start to quell any momentum they built up off our bullpen last night.

I've tried to find a verified source to confirm this and have only found a Texas A&M writer that has it the same way. The tiebreaker scenario could get a little hectic if both Auburn and aTm keep winning. Right now, the simplest path to Hoover is an Auburn win tonight or tomorrow (preferably tonight for my nerves) combined with an LSU win tonight or tomorrow (again, also preferably tonight). Should aTm win all three this weekend, Auburn would need to win all three this weekend. In that scenario, two potential multi-team ties are possible. If aTm and AU sweep, those two teams and LSU would be tied at 11-19, which would invoke a three-team tiebreaker for the last 2 seeds in the SECT. All three teams have played each other. So, the tiebreaker would be winning percentage of each team against the other two. Here's what that would look like:

aTm: 3-0 against LSU, 1-2 against Auburn - total 4-2 (.667)

Auburn: 1-2 against LSU, 2-1 against aTm - total 3-3 (.500)

LSU: 0-3 against aTm, 2-1 against Auburn - total 2-3 (.333)

LSU would be eliminated in that scenario, and AU and aTm would advance.

The other scenario would include Kentucky. If the above scenario still happens and Vandy sweeps UK, then there'd be a four-team tie. And since all four teams didn't play each other this year, the tiebreaker would compare the records of each of the teams against the highest ranked common opponent. For all four, that team would be Miss State. LSU went 1-2 against them. The other three were swept. So, LSU would be in the SECT, and there would be another three-team tie. Since those three teams (AU, aTm, and UK) didn't all play each other, the highest ranked common opponent record would come into play again. The team used this time would be Florida. AU and UK went 1-2 against Florida while aTm was swept. So, in a four-way tie, LSU, Auburn, and Kentucky would advance to Hoover.

Four-way tie at 11-19 with LSU, AU, UK, and aTm

LSU: 1-2 against Ms St, all others swept 0-3, LSU advances

AU: 0-3 against Ms St, 1-2 against UF

UK: 0-3 against MsSt, 1-2 against UF

aTm: 0-3 against Ms St, 0-3 against UF

AU and UK advance with 1-2 records against UF, aTm eliminated

UK holds 3-0 series win over Auburn and would be the 11 seed, Auburn the 12 seed

That's the way I interpret the tiebreaker rules, but I'm not 100% certain it's correct since I haven't seen someone in an official capacity confirm it other than this aTm writer.

https://twitter.com/Perroni247/status/1395068345695850496?s=20

Edited by boomstick

So basically, Go CornDogs! Amirite?

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Yeah, an LSU win and an Auburn win, and this thing is done.

If LSU sweeps, does Auburn have to win another? I mean I want us to, but just curious. 

35 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

If LSU sweeps, does Auburn have to win another? I mean I want us to, but just curious. 

LSU lost last night so they can’t sweep. But Auburn had to win one more or Mizzou would go ahead of Auburn by virtue of being tied with Auburn and having the series tiebreaker. We have to get to at least 10 SEC wins to ensure ourselves a chance at the SECT. At 9 wins, we’d be eliminated. 

Edited by boomstick
  • Thanks 1

So who goes to SECT if Vandy sweeps UK, Aggies sweep LSU and Auburn sweeps Mizzu. 

UK, LSU, A/M and Auburn would all be 11-19. Which three go and who would stay home. 

13 minutes ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

So who goes to SECT if Vandy sweeps UK, Aggies sweep LSU and Auburn sweeps Mizzu. 

UK, LSU, A/M and Auburn would all be 11-19. Which three go and who would stay home. 

If I'm correct, LSU, UK, and Auburn would go and aTm would be left out due to the highest ranked common opponent tiebreaker.

Auburn shuts out Mizzou in game 2! A masterful pitching performance from Fitts as he goes 8 innings, strikes out 7, walks 0, and only gives up 1 hit. Bliss hits another homer for his 14th of the year.

Skipper came in for the save in the ninth and gave up back to back singles, walked the bases loaded. He struck out the next batter, fell behind 3-0. Fought back 3-2 and then got the double play. Clutch pitching from him to not ruin the great game from Fitts. We're now 1 win away or 1 Texas A&M loss away from the SEC Tourney.

• Like 1

Barring some crazy sort of miracle, Auburn will at least get a shot in the SEC tourney. LSU is up on TAMU 12-6 in the B13th.

Edited by tgrogan21

57 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Barring some crazy sort of miracle, Auburn will at least get a shot in the SEC tourney. LSU is up on TAMU 12-6 in the B13th.

LSU held on and we clinched a spot in the SECT. We will be the 12 seed and will play either Miss St, Tennessee, or Ole Miss, depending on what happens tomorrow. OM seems most likely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1