Current commits: 0

COMMITMENTS:

NONE

Recruiting Board:

5* PF Jarace Walker - #7 Player in the country

5* SG Zion Cruz - #17 Player in the country 

5* SF Brandon Miller - #13 Player in the country

4* SF Barry Dunning - Committed to Arkansas

4* SG Nick Smith Jr. - Five Star level. 25th overall player, 2nd at his position.

4* SG Justice Williams - Five Star Level. 33rd overall player. 3rd best SG.

4* CG Chance Westry - #33 Player in the country. Possible 5 star by end of cycle. Plays high school ball at the basketball factory, Sierra Canyon in California. 

4* CG Tre Donaldson - #85 player in the country, also a 4-star safety prospect in football. Nephew of former Auburn Football WR Duke Donaldson.

4* PG JJ Starling - Top 10 PG in the country and top 60 overall player.

4* PF Joyful Hawkins - #3 player in North Carolina, #124 nationally. Probably been on Auburn's board the longest.

4* SF Dillon Mitchell - #129 Player in the country. Has warmed up to AU as of late. 

Small taste of 2022. Will post more with new info...

Edited by tigerbrotha12

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'm surprised Sage is listed as a 3* prospect

Don't believe he will be for very long. Heard a lot of good things about him moving up the charts from people in the industry. He might not end up as a 5 star, but if he's not at least a 4 pretty soon, I would be surprised.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Tipton is not the most accurate insider there is. He's great at edits, but he's a bammer. Bruce has been recruiting Dunning for a few years now. 

55 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Tipton is not the most accurate insider there is. He's great at edits, but he's a bammer. Bruce has been recruiting Dunning for a few years now. 

Yeah, I agree. From what I read, Auburn is in the mix. No way Auburn is not on that list too, he seemed to omit in his tweet. Pearl is going to go hard always if the instate player is a top player...

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Lol wait what. Ok slow down. Now hold up. What in the world is going on here!!?? You mean to tell me the guy who is a pretty big fixture on social media in the college basketball recruiting world is a Bama guy???! That's absolutely absurd to me. He's 100000x all basketball yet he's a bam? That's wild to me. Never met a big bama bball guy in the wild before. with how much this dude seems to love basketball I thought he was from new York or something. You just totally rocked my world. I will forever look at Tipton differently now too. 

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

I'm surprised Sage is listed as a 3* prospect

He won't be for long the way he has been playing. He keeps getting rave reviews from analysts in the recruiting world!! Wooooo!!! Looks to be yet another Bruce gem he discovered before almost everyone.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Three 5* prospects are currently in Auburn.

Jarace Walker, Zion Cruz, and Nick Smith Jr.

That’s 3 of the nation’s top 22 players in 2022 all visiting Auburn today. 

Crazy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Three 5* prospects are currently in Auburn.

Jarace Walker, Zion Cruz, and Nick Smith Jr.

That’s 3 of the nation’s top 22 players in 2022 all visiting Auburn today. 

Crazy. 

G-League pre-meeting?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Auburn takes the lead for 5-star basketball player 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

Auburn has jumped to the forefront of 

’s recruitment.

Cruz, a five-star shooting guard and No. 19 overall player in the 2022 class, said Auburn is his leader following an official visit this weekend.

“Auburn is at the top,” Cruz said. “They are at the top of my list. I love the family feel at Auburn. It’s a big family and I’m really big on that.”

f2bqqcfuki1na7dxd5gm

Cruz got to see first-hand. He arrived in Auburn on Friday and stayed until Sunday morning. He was joined on the visit by his parents.

“It was amazing,” Cruz said. “We went to the lake house and rode jet skis. We had a great time. We watched practice and it was great. It was high intensity. I loved it.”

Cruz also met extensively with Auburn coach Bruce Pearl and lead recruiter Ira Bowman.

“Coach Pearl is an amazing coach,” Cruz said. “His energy is highly intense, just like me. I love it.

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-7f81eaad
qdtqpvqphbs0c5fauv4y
NATL

-

ST
POS

UNDECIDED
6'4" | 165 LBS | SG | 2022
THE PATRICK SCHOOL
JERSEY CITY, NJ
N/A

“Coach Bowman is a great coach, too. He has a great work ethic and is known as one of the best 1-on-1 trainers in the country. I’d really like to see how that feels (to train with him).”

Cruz next will visit Oregon on June 13-14. He doesn’t have any other visits planned, but is looking at trips to both North Carolina and Alabama.

Cruz plans to make his commitment in the coming months.

“I want to make a commitment by the end of the summer,” Cruz said.

Rivals ranks Cruz, who is 6-foot-3 and 170 pounds, the No. 5 shooting guard in the 2022 class.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Isn't SG the last position that Auburn has not signed a 5 star talent? I mean, we got Coop at the point, Jabari at PF, and Kessler at C, and wasn't Mustapha Heron a small forward? Or was he a SG, too? Not that it matters to how much we want to bring Cruz in, just a tidbit.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Undersized shooting guard? I have a good feeling 

6'3 is undersized for a 2? I always thought that was in the ideal range...

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s not

Think back to the coverage of Bryce Brown, who was 6’3

Didn't realize Bryce was 6'3. Yeah, I'd say we have a significant chance to pull this kid, because Bruce has kinda made his name with undersized guards.

The G-League when they hear a 5* loved his visit to Auburn and has Auburn as the front runner:

2661633E-2253-4A48-AC3D-E5871BB788BE.gif

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

On 6/6/2021 at 10:22 AM, toddc said:

Auburn takes the lead for 5-star basketball player 

So the G-Leagues is looking for a new SG now.  So glad we can scout these players for them.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

So the G-Leagues is looking for a new SG now.  So glad we can scout these players for them.

I actually kind of doubt the G-League is looking for an undersized SG unless a few guys turn them down.