2022 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

3 hours ago, AUreo said:

Elijah Fisher really likes Auburn but he seems to favor G League $ (Auburn OV is in the works though). Apparently, Leonard's handlers want more than $1M NIL (basically $1M is not enough).

Yohan Traore should announce in the coming days and then landing either Fisher or Phillips would be huge for us (and potentially returning Kessler). 

This would be great a haul:

- 5* Traore

- 5* Fisher/Phillips

- 4* Westry

- some transfers

@AUreo You forgot Tre Donaldson.

21 hours ago, AUreo said:

Elijah Fisher really likes Auburn but he seems to favor G League $ (Auburn OV is in the works though). Apparently, Leonard's handlers want more than $1M NIL (basically $1M is not enough).

Yohan Traore should announce in the coming days and then landing either Fisher or Phillips would be huge for us (and potentially returning Kessler). 

This would be great a haul:

- 5* Traore

- 5* Fisher/Phillips

- 4* Westry

- some transfers

If Kessler comes back, we’ll be stacked. 

• Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

If Kessler comes back, we’ll be stacked. 

Let's not count our chickens before they hatch. Right now we have two players coming in for sure while others look solid they have not signed letters yet. That said I agree if Kessler comes back with the players it looks like we will be signing we should be in great shape.

5 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Shhh, that got Bruce banned from the sport once already...

He's referring to Cook on the men's team put his name in the transfer portal as a graduate transfer. Not an actual cookout.😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Per a free On3 article, former LSU SF commit Devin Ree seems to be highest on Auburn and Louisville. 

APPRECIATE YOU DOUBLE D!!!! Any and every basketball recruiting news is like crack to me!!! I CANNOT GET ENOUGH!!!! @fredst WE NEED A REFILL OF OUR FIX!!! lol

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Jamie Shawabout 1 hour

Devin Ree is the No. 109 player in the 2022 On3 Consensus. This season, the 6-foot-7 wing was a constant performer for Mouth of Wilson (VA) Oak Hill Academy on the biggest stages.

“I can shoot the ball,” Ree told On3. “I got a pull-up; I’m a scorer. My scouting report would be about my shooting, don’t let him get a shot off. I am matured a lot this season with my leadership. I watch a lot of Kevin Durant, how he gets to his spots in the half-court.”

One of the top spot-shooters in the country, the On3 150 senior de-committed from LSU in March, is now open in his recruitment. On3 caught up with Devin Ree to see which schools have started to prioritize him recently.

“Louisville just offered me like last week,” Ree said. “Auburn has been in contact a lot since I de-committed.”

Ree talks recruitment

Louisville: “Coach Kenny Payne gave me an opportunity; we are both from Mississippi. He wants me to come in and work hard, and he will give me the opportunities and get me better.”

Auburn: “Coach Bruce (Pearl) is my guy. He has such an infectious personality. They have had some long wings at Auburn, and they like how I shoot the ball.”

Texas A&M, Texas, Georgia, are some other schools who have contacted me a little bit since I de-committed,” Ree said.

Ree’s take

“I will look at the schools’ play style and how they are going to use me,” Ree said. “I want to be a wing or a guard, a three to two, and I want to play in a system that will put me there.

On3’s take

Devin Ree is a premier shooter. He has long arms and good positional size, and when his feet are set, he is as pure a shooter as there is in the country. You see his size, which leads to the upside as a positional defender. You would like to see him develop off the bounce and continue to work on his strength and his frame. There is a lot there with the shooter and the floor spacing he brings. He has some natural athleticism and the frame, and he is not afraid of the moment.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Rather have DESI Sills instead 

Yeah, that kid can ball.  He plays like a grown man.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Got any years left? 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

PLEASE STAHHHHHP with this. What is your fascination with a guy who averaged 7 ppg at Arkansas his last year there? Desi Sills is a terrible 3 point shooter. That is what we are looking to upgrade this off season. Not get guys who are even worse outside shooters than Flan and Cambridge...

NO ONE should listen to you for ANY basketball advice. NO ONE HAS FORGOTTEN that you were actually pushing still as recently as last season that you were worried about tom fuggin crean as a viable threat.... lulz. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I wouldn’t. For one, they play different positions. Sillls is an undersized 2 guard that made as many turnovers as he did assists this year and only shot 25% from downtown. Ree is a 6 foot eight wing with more potential.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

Yeah, that kid can ball.  He plays like a grown man.

Not this year he didn’t.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

e. NO ONE HAS FORGOTTEN that you were actually pushing still as recently as last season that you were worried about tom fuggin crean as a viable threat.... lulz

I had forgotten actually. Thanks for reminding me. Lol

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wouldn’t. For one, they play different positions. Sillls is an undersized 2 guard that made as many turnovers as he did assists this year and only shot 25% from downtown. Ree is a 6 foot eight wing with more potential.

Agree to disagree then 

Devin Ree is a no brainer we want him. A 6'8" pure shooter who can play SG or SF.  Lack of a big SG who could shoot the three was our biggest downfall this year. We were one player away from being a final 4 type team. For those who want Desi Sills we don't need another short guard unless it is a better PG like Mark Sears.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

APPRECIATE YOU DOUBLE D!!!! Any and every basketball recruiting news is like crack to me!!! I CANNOT GET ENOUGH!!!! @fredst WE NEED A REFILL OF OUR FIX!!! lol

Monitoring for info on recruiting in the off-season has become a bit of an addiction, really hurts my productivity 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Devin Ree is a no brainer we want him. A 6'8" pure shooter who can play SG or SF.  Lack of a big SG who could shoot the three was our biggest downfall this year. We were one player away from being a final 4 type team. For those who want Desi Sills we don't need another short guard unless it is a better PG like Mark Sears.

I would take Sears over Sills all day long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1