2022 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Lack of a big SG who could shoot the three was our biggest downfall this year.

While there’s no doubt it was a contributing factor I don’t think it was our biggest downfall this year. To me the bigger downfall was shot selection by the team and poor  ball handling by our guards and wings and decision making, particularly green, Cambridge, and Flanigan.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Monitoring for info on recruiting in the off-season has become a bit of an addiction, really hurts my productivity 😂

Welcome to my life the past 13 years. Lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

I would take Sears over Sills all day long.

I would take a lot of people over Sills. Sills would be one of the last people I would want to transfer in. He doesn't fit any great need that we have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Any smoke to this Keon Ellis Trans. To AU?

Hadn't heard anything on him in about a week now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 10:58 AM, ellitor said:

Welcome to my life the past 13 years. Lol

And we all thank you for your service, too! :laugh:

Maybe he just heard about the gymnastics making the championship 4

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Maybe he just heard about the gymnastics making the championship 4

He retweeted "Gymnastics to F4" two hrs ago...

10 minutes ago, AUreo said:

He retweeted "Gymnastics to F4" two hrs ago...

Maybe Traore signed? Saw some rumblings about that but nothing firm

7 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Maybe Traore signed? Saw some rumblings about that but nothing firm

Correct. AU is scheduled to go public with the signing today per On3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Like 2
  • Love 5

today is the last day of phillips auburn visit. has anyone heard anything?

34 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Word is he stayed longer then originally planned. Also chatter Tenn is upping their NIL offer which means they must be worried if its true. 

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

@aubiefiftyLast day of his visit was yesterday and relevant info from the visit is on page 3 of his thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@aubiefiftyLast day of his visit was yesterday and relevant info from the visit is on page 3 of his thread.

my apologies i really did look and did not see it. and yes i keep thinking today is wednesday for some reason. getting senile i guess.

35 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

If for some reason Phillips doesn't work out, who else are we still communicating with as a back up plan?

@lutzcammed2023 4* big SG Elijah Fisher who may reclassify to 2022 but more than likely we don't use the last scholly & eat it to finish the NCAA scholly reduction penalty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lutzcammed said:

If for some reason Phillips doesn't work out, who else are we still communicating with as a back up plan?

I don't know if we are talking to them, but there were some decent late additions to the Transfer Portal. There are big names like Emoni Bates and Patrick Baldwin Jr.  Keyontae Johnson (SF) from Florida could be a great player if his health issues were not a concern. Frankie Collins and Tyrese Hunter are great PGs but aren't needed with our stable of PGs. 

Of all those, Patrick Baldwin would be ideal since he's a great 3pt shooter for his size and like Julian could play the 3 & 4, but he'll likely be a 1st round pick if he stays in the draft. But perhaps he could be a top 5 pick if he had a year at Auburn like Jabari did.  

38 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

I don't know if we are talking to them, but there were some decent late additions to the Transfer Portal. There are big names like Emoni Bates and Patrick Baldwin Jr.  Keyontae Johnson (SF) from Florida could be a great player if his health issues were not a concern. Frankie Collins and Tyrese Hunter are great PGs but aren't needed with our stable of PGs. 

Of all those, Patrick Baldwin would be ideal since he's a great 3pt shooter for his size and like Julian could play the 3 & 4, but he'll likely be a 1st round pick if he stays in the draft. But perhaps he could be a top 5 pick if he had a year at Auburn like Jabari did.  

Keyontae is an untouchable for any college I would imagine. Don’t think Baldwin is returning either like you said