2022 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

On 6/6/2021 at 12:28 PM, Rednilla said:

6'3 is undersized for a 2? I always thought that was in the ideal range...

I know the article says 6’-3” but his rivals profile has him at 6’-4” and his 247 at 6’-5” so who knows? He may actually be 6’-3”, but that 6’-3” might also be a true 6’-3” and be taller than most other peoples’ “6’-3””.

Bruce getting after these Alabama guys early! Or whoever coaches The University of Auburn?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/14819824/5fcf8b0c0dbfc70808bb451b

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Not really of any relevancy, but I was at the rec center the same…Friday? they had a few of those five stars on campus, and they all came to the rec right (on these pretty cool golf carts I might add).

nothing to this point in my life has put the fear of God in me like trying to shoot 3 pointers in front of Bruce Pearl and a myriad of elite prospects. Missed every single one 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Like 5
  • Love 3

2023 kid 

Dillon Mitchell, SF, Bishop McLaughlin, E1T1

New Rank: 38

Old Rank: 144

Recruitment: Mitchell is a hotly pursued target specifically for Ohio State, Tennessee and Auburn. He has taken three official visits to all three programs but including Florida State, Oklahoma, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and Illinois are also in the mix. A decision is not expected to be imminent but he did tell 247Sports last month that he has no timeframe and that he would expect to start narrowing it down.

Why he rose: Mitchell's blend of versatility, size, length and athleticism have made a big impression throughout this spring. He's got good ball skills for a wing and is terrific in the open floor but he is also effective as a slasher and cutter in the half court. His defense is arguably his biggest strength especially when his motor is fully on. He can defend all three positions on the perimeter given his physical tools, athleticism and IQ and can be a lockdown defender on some of the top scorers in the country. Mitchell is very talented and if he improves his shot-making then he can make another jump come the next batch of rankings.
This dude must be showing out!

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Dillon Mitchell, SF, Bishop McLaughlin, E1T1

New Rank: 38

Old Rank: 144

Recruitment: Mitchell is a hotly pursued target specifically for Ohio State, Tennessee and Auburn. He has taken three official visits to all three programs but including Florida State, Oklahoma, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and Illinois are also in the mix. A decision is not expected to be imminent but he did tell 247Sports last month that he has no timeframe and that he would expect to start narrowing it down.

Why he rose: Mitchell's blend of versatility, size, length and athleticism have made a big impression throughout this spring. He's got good ball skills for a wing and is terrific in the open floor but he is also effective as a slasher and cutter in the half court. His defense is arguably his biggest strength especially when his motor is fully on. He can defend all three positions on the perimeter given his physical tools, athleticism and IQ and can be a lockdown defender on some of the top scorers in the country. Mitchell is very talented and if he improves his shot-making then he can make another jump come the next batch of rankings.
This dude must be showing out!

Reads like Okoro, no idea if he plays like him. I would love a 6’7 natural small forward, I feel like we’ve rarely had those 

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/18/2021 at 3:44 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not really of any relevancy, but I was at the rec center the same…Friday? they had a few of those five stars on campus, and they all came to the rec right (on these pretty cool golf carts I might add).

nothing to this point in my life has put the fear of God in me like trying to shoot 3 pointers in front of Bruce Pearl and a myriad of elite prospects. Missed every single one 

Well I guess you didn't choose Tres-Threat Rigby for a reason. :)

Edited by gr82be
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

2024 kid 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 11:28 AM, toddc said:

2024 kid 

Did they really have to use this picture, they could not come up with one with out the guy in the background holding his twig and berries?

• Haha 9
  • Facepalm 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 6:47 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes please! Gonna need to work on those spindley legs in college though.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AUreo said:

^ Top target! What are our chances landing him?

In his last interview he only wanted to discuss Alabama and Houston. But we did get one of his four visits. (Auburn, Alabama, Ohio State and Houston.) Haven’t heard much on him since his visit in early June.

2023 kid but we haven’t started a thread yet.

5 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

In his last interview he only wanted to discuss Alabama and Houston. But we did get one of his four visits. (Auburn, Alabama, Ohio State and Houston.) Haven’t heard much on him since his visit in early June.

Looks like Alabama is currently somewhat in the lead…

I could only find this quote on his visit to Auburn back in June (June2021, USA Today):

“I really liked it,” Jarace Walker, a five-star prospect from IMG Academy, said per Auburn Undercover. “I love the town, the campus, the dorms, everything. I am seriously considering Auburn. I like everything about it.”

From Christian Clemente's comments on local radio Friday:

We can have Zion Cruz if we want, but are focusing elsewhere at the moment. Jarace Walker is currently our top target to replace Jabari when he goes pro.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks it sucks that right after we started appearing in the finalists list for top B-ball prospects, Bama also joined the conversation? I realize Oates (Oats?) is the real deal over there, and a part of me does think it's cool that both programs seem to be on a positive projection, but...

• Like 1