2022 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

15 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Chance Westry is apparently a serious target, he just got a CB to Auburn. Some suggestion he’s actually the reason we are cold on Zion Cruz. 

I didn't know he was a point guard. I think he's about 6'6", so i thought maybe SG or small forward...

On 9/15/2021 at 9:35 PM, Dunndone414 said:

Does the fact that we’ve put the full court press on Rylen Griffen imply we don’t think we land Nick Smith? Either way, I’m happy we are planning for backup options. 

Any other confirmed targets for ‘22 right now other than Smith, Griffen and Walker? 

Pearl visited Griffen again today per Jake Weingarten. Seems like we really want him. Curious as to whether we take two HS off guards. 

16 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Looks like a shot in hell at getting Nick Smith out of Arkansas’s hands now 

Arkansas' or Bama? I thought he was leaning to them...with his friend on Oat's team...

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Arkansas' or Bama? I thought he was leaning to them...with his friend on Oat's team...

Yeah Idk how it's gone to this point but just a torrent of Ark predictions in the last week 

Probably still doesn't entirely open the door for Cruz until they have a better feeling on their chances with Jarace and I guess that Westry kid

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah Idk how it's gone to this point but just a torrent of Ark predictions in the last week 

Probably still doesn't entirely open the door for Cruz until they have a better feeling on their chances with Jarace and I guess that Westry kid

I wonder if we’ve moved on entirely from Cruz at this point. In addition to Westry, we are aggressively pursuing Rylen Griffen and Cruz says he’s “re-opening” his recruitment.

I would bet against Cruz ever playing for Auburn. 

3 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

I wonder if we’ve moved on entirely from Cruz at this point. In addition to Westry, we are aggressively pursuing Rylen Griffen and Cruz says he’s “re-opening” his recruitment.

I would bet against Cruz ever playing for Auburn. 

Seems pretty unlikely yeah. I’m always gonna have a smidge of hope for any 5 star who was actively campaigning to play for Auburn though 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 8:35 PM, Dunndone414 said:

Does the fact that we’ve put the full court press on Rylen Griffen imply we don’t think we land Nick Smith?

@Dunndone414At the point you made your post we felt good on Smith. We had not then & are not now put the full court press on Griffen. Chris Westry is the next man up & we could here something in about a month. The press is on him.

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2021 at 1:26 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Although Walker will not get to AU for his visit til after the tip off at toomers event.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:40 PM, Dunndone414 said:

he’s actually the reason we are cold on Zion Cruz. 

Cruz is the reason we are cold & moved on from him. A number of guys are now higher on the board.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 3:57 PM, Dunndone414 said:

Curious as to whether we take two HS off guards. 

As of now no.  The plan is still 1 point, 1 off guard,  & 1 Big. Anything else would come from the transfer market at this point.

On 9/21/2021 at 2:15 PM, gohogs14 said:

He was until his Arkansas OV

Don't think so. He eliminated Bama a bit before committing. AU finished #2.

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

What's wrong with us? Our recruiting seems one tanking across every sport!

Wait until the end of the month....

giphy.gif

oh-boy-the-rock.gif

• Like 3

• Like 3

On 10/2/2021 at 7:49 PM, AUwent said:

What's wrong with us? Our recruiting seems one tanking across every sport!

@AUwent Nothing and where did you come up with that garbage opinion as it relates to basketball? We’ve only missed on one top target so far in this class. No shame in losing  an elite  in-state recruit to Arkansas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUwent Nothing and where did you come up with that garbage opinion as it relates to basketball? We’ve only missed on one top target so far in this class. No shame in losing  an elite  in-state recruit to Arkansas.

Geez

• Haha 1