Jump to content
Null

Jay G. Tate interview on WJOX - New receiver


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

If you cant tell by now that Canion is going to be a player then something is wrong with you. He's got the hands of Seth and the speed of Slayton. We should try to get Geiger and another developed receiver with some length. This would give our younger receivers another year to develope in a real collegiate passing game. 

He definitely don’t have the speed of Slayton. But he’s a talented receiver 

Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean by reading page after page after page of your posts?😁

On the upside, we'd get a great joke setup when counting his catches...

So he'd be a "Super Senior" then, with just one year left?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

If you cant tell by now that Canion is going to be a player then something is wrong with you. He's got the hands of Seth and the speed of Slayton. We should try to get Geiger and another developed receiver with some length. This would give our younger receivers another year to develope in a real collegiate passing game. 

I don't think we need any more developmental guys.  We have a lot of young talented players.  We need experience 

edit: misread

Edited by W.E.D
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think we need any more developmental guys.  We have a lot of young talented players.  We need experience 

He said developed, not developmental. If he's developed, that means he is no longer developmental...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

So he'd be a "Super Senior" then, with just one year left?

He was in the 2017 class.  If he RS 2017, his eligibility would have been 18/19.  20 doesn't count so he could be a Jr.  If he didn't redshift, he would be a SR for a 2nd time b/c 20 didn't count

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rednilla said:

He said developed, not developmental. If he's developed, that means he is no longer developmental...

Misread that that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He definitely don’t have the speed of Slayton. But he’s a talented receiver 

You're right. I see Slayton ran a 4.39, Seth ran a 4.49, and Canion ran a 4.57. Seth just looked slower to me on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

You're right. I see Slayton ran a 4.39, Seth ran a 4.49, and Canion ran a 4.57. Seth just looked slower to me on the field.

Nah Seth definitely wasn’t slow. If he was he would’ve got caught from behind on that game winning TD against ole miss

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

 

 

Yeah he's trying to get closer to home

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yeah he's trying to get closer to home

That sucks. Would be a great rescue valve for our QBs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DAG said:

That sucks. Would be a great rescue valve for our QBs 

Kobe Hudson and/or Javy Johnson might give us a similar skill set. I think they're looking for a more big bodied possession/red zone guy. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Kobe Hudson and/or Javy Johnson might give us a similar skill set. I think they're looking for a more big bodied possession/red zone guy. 

Hudson seems to have bene pretty inconsistent, but is still learning the position.  Talent is there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Kobe Hudson and/or Javy Johnson might give us a similar skill set. I think they're looking for a more big bodied possession/red zone guy. 

Definitely think the role fits Javy perfectly if he can show consistency in practice. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Definitely think the role fits Javy perfectly if he can show consistency in practice. 

Did he do anything in A-Day?  I honestly don't remember

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

I know he caught at least one slant from Bo.

Glad he didn't do much. I don't want him to win the A-day super star award just to never be seen.

 

I think it has to be the SA kid. I honestly think we will be fine at WR. Yes it would help to get a proven WR transfer in, but we have talent without. If one of Canion, Capers, Evans, or Hudson can step up and be Mr. Consistency then I think we will be just fine. If 2 or more step up, we will have good WR Corps. 

I also feel good about the fact we will be utilizing our TEs as well. Maybe the Mr. Reliable comes from the TE room. Shenker? Fromm? We have a plethora of guys with a lot of different skill sets. We just need a couple to step up.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Did he do anything in A-Day?  I honestly don't remember

I remember his name called once as mentioned above. Offense really didn’t show much in passing game. Just really hoping to see him. I like what he shows on film. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Glad he didn't do much. I don't want him to win the A-day super star award just to never be seen.

 

I think it has to be the SA kid. I honestly think we will be fine at WR. Yes it would help to get a proven WR transfer in, but we have talent without. If one of Canion, Capers, Evans, or Hudson can step up and be Mr. Consistency then I think we will be just fine. If 2 or more step up, we will have good WR Corps. 

I also feel good about the fact we will be utilizing our TEs as well. Maybe the Mr. Reliable comes from the TE room. Shenker? Fromm? We have a plethora of guys with a lot of different skill sets. We just need a couple to step up.

I agree with you that hopefully someone steps up, but it would be a better to have a guy that has already done it. 

I honestly think our TEs are about the same as our WRs.  Shenker doesn't excited me. Hopefully one does there. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I agree with you that hopefully someone steps up, but it would be a better to have a guy that has already done it. 

I honestly think our TEs are about the same as our WRs.  Shenker doesn't excited me. Hopefully one does there. 

Shenker isn't exciting, but he has caught everything thrown his way (I know it isn't much, but 15 of 15 is still 100%).

Brandon Frazier excites the hell out of me. I think Fromm looked like a prototype of a TE in Spring. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Shenker isn't exciting, but he has caught everything thrown his way (I know it isn't much, but 15 of 15 is still 100%).

Brandon Frazier excites the hell out of me. I think Fromm looked like a prototype of a TE in Spring. 

That' my view on Shenker, plus he missed spring so who knows if he's behind.  Fromm surprised me to get the start.  Frazier has a lot of potential.  Deal was our best blocker on the team last year can he catch?

I'm excited to see how the snaps are split and who does what.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

That' my view on Shenker, plus he missed spring so who knows if he's behind.  Fromm surprised me to get the start.  Frazier has a lot of potential.  Deal was our best blocker on the team last year can he catch?

I'm excited to see how the snaps are split and who does what.

Deal can catch. He's a great athlete that plays with a real mean streak. I'm no expert, but I think he was underrated in high school and has the potential to be star for us at TE.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

Deal can catch. He's a great athlete that plays with a real mean streak. I'm no expert, but I think he was underrated in high school and has the potential to be star for us at TE.

Yeah, he's an elite blocker just haven't seen him used much as a receiver.  I was hoping he'd be the guy separating himself, but maybe that was Fromm.  I didn't expect much from him

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...