2022 4* PG Tre Donaldson commits to AU!!!

Zeek

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Oh yeah welcome to AU Tre!! Fl State's basketabll program is by no means a slouch so this is one hell of a job by my man BRUCE MFing Pearl!!!!!!!! 

Not sure how our offense will work with a PG over 6' though 🤔     :Sing:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47p1wff0e4xktod7zh3g

• Haha 3

For those wondering Tre is expected to be a composite 4* PG real soon coming of his strong Peach Jam Tourney showing.

• Like 4

In todays game an Alpha PG is key to success and that is what we get in Tre.  Harper and Sharife were and are great PG's but Tre is bigger and more physical so it will be a different dynamic with him at PG.  Ware Eagle and welcome to the Auburn family.  Now lets get some pieces to put around him as I believe we will have three NBA bound players from this years team leaving Auburn before he arrives. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If Leonard Hamilton thought he was offer worthy, this is a ******* huge commitment. Probably my favorite NBA prospect developer currently 

Hamilton has the single craziest stat I’ve heard in a long time. Three consecutive drafts with a non-starter going in the Top 10. Insane. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Hamilton has the single craziest stat I’ve heard in a long time. Three consecutive drafts with a non-starter going in the Top 10. Insane. 

Most underrated coach in this sport, maybe one of the least appreciated anywhere. Best UVA run ever, Duke still routinely recruiting in the top 5, and FSU is as much of a ACC contender as anyone. He’s not giving offers to scrubs, and he’s not getting dudes just to use them for a year and they’re damn near the same player they were in HS (Calipari…). Donaldson gotta have SOMETHING special in him 

Where’s @GwillMac6

Need his signature on this to be legit?

• Haha 1

• RunInRed changed the title to 2022 4* PG Tre Donaldson commits to AU!!!
3 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

PalatableBrownBluebird-max-1mb.gif

AGAIN?!?!?! Well dayyuuuum bruhhhh every time AU gets a 4 star commit you have a great night yourself!!! CONGRATS FAM!!!!! lol

8 hours ago, toddc said:

Where’s @GwillMac6

Need his signature on this to be legit?

SORRY FAM!!! I was in the process of running around Doak Walker gleefully celebrating the big CRUTIN victory stadium mooning every entrance and let them know WHO THEIR DADDY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL (AND HARSIN TOO) EAGLE BAY BAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! LEAVE NO DOUBT!!! I was trying to find their basketball arena at FSU to moon all the FSU coaches but alas I was today years old when I found out THEM PORES DOWN THERE IN TALLY NASTY DO NOT EVEN HAVE A ON CAMPUS BBALL ARENA!!! They play at the city's civic center!! HOW EMBARRASSING!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

leavenodoubt-nodoubt.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

SORRY FAM!!! I was in the process of running around Doak Walker gleefully celebrating the big CRUTIN victory stadium mooning every entrance and let them know WHO THEIR DADDY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL (AND HARSIN TOO) EAGLE BAY BAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! LEAVE NO DOUBT!!! I was trying to find their basketball arena at FSU to moon all the FSU coaches but alas I was today years old when I found out THEM PORES DOWN THERE IN TALLY NASTY DO NOT EVEN HAVE A ON CAMPUS BBALL ARENA!!! They play at the city's civic center!! HOW EMBARRASSING!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

leavenodoubt-nodoubt.gif

You know what’s even better?  They share practice courts with the women’s team!  When I interviewed the coach to plan for facilities upgrades back in 2014, he said he didn’t even bring recruits to the civic center bc it was so embarrassing.  When they’d ask to see it he would stall and take them everywhere but.  One kid kept asking all the way to the airport.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Little nugget on Doanldson, kid is a leader and Bruce believe this part, leadership, is as just as important as playing ability. Kid has both and is as good as a leader as a player. FWIW.  

I think he’s hoping the fella can be a 3-4 year foundational piece, and after our (interesting) PG saga post Jared Harper, I’d like to have one of those!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think he’s hoping the fella can be a 3-4 year foundational piece, and after our (interesting) PG saga post Jared Harper, I’d like to have one of those!

Yup. Especially since Insiders say we expect to land a monster PG in the 2023 class. I assume that type would be a 1 & done.

• Like 2

He has a bunch of similarities to Jalen Suggs, if he can be half the player suggs is I'll be very happy.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Especially since Insiders say we expect to land a monster PG in the 2023 class. I assume that type would be a 1 & done.

That would be very very interesting…I looked at the next 3 years (including this one) as being akin to 2017-2020 before you told me this, and it really makes you put every move going forward into a new light 

Pearl might be willing to slide around multiple “I just want to get mine and leave” types and push the chips for 2023-24 if that’s the case. Not saying hell just give up on the post Jabari/Flanagan season, but it could be a win the war, not the battle type thing 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

He has a bunch of similarities to Jalen Suggs, if he can be half the player suggs is I'll be very happy.

That guy might be the best “intangibles” lottery pick since Zion honestly. I was really gung-ho to tell guys (elsewhere) all the things about why Scottie and Kuminga and even Bouknight were better picks, and then the guy just flips entire 4th quarters on their head…without yet having a consistent J still 

My analysis continuously fails with him because the things I don’t think he’s stellar at, he’s great at when it matters…can’t wait to see how he looks alongside Fultz 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

CBP and CWF going to visit 

• Love 1