2021 JUCO DB - Roterius Torrence COMMITS!

Paladin

Played High School ball at Bessemer City

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

Wherever he goes he's believed to be making the decision soon

Just now, Zeek said:

Wherever he goes he's believed to be making the decision soon

KN has a crystal ball in for Auburn. Confidence level of 6

• Like 1

Starting too get a bit worried we're going too hard too fast, trying to fix everything ASAP...at the sacrifice of the 22 class.  We can use '22 spots for really good kids next December too.  IDK  Do we really need another S right now?  Is he that good?

I guess the coaches think so

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

When Keith starts talking like this we almost always end up getting the guy. Would bet the farm he's ours.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Starting too get a bit worried we're going too hard too fast, trying to fix everything ASAP...at the sacrifice of the 22 class.  We can use '22 spots for really good kids next December too.  IDK  Do we really need another S right now?  Is he that good?

I guess the coaches think so

You have to keep in mind that in Harsin, Mason, and Bobo you have 3 head coaches  and some other guys like Friend who have extensive SEC experience. That’s a ton of roster management experience. And they’re going heavy on guys with 3-4 years of eligibility left.  In my humble opinion, they’ve already exceeded expectations in the area of strategic planning versus the previous staff. I like the approach we are taking. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

You have to keep in mind that in Harsin, Graves, and Bobo you have 3 head coaches  and some other guys like Friend who have extensive SEC experience. That’s a ton of roster management experience. And they’re going heavy on guys with 3-4 years of eligibility left.  In my humble opinion, they’ve already exceeded expectations in the area of strategic planning versus the previous staff. I like the approach we are taking. 

Anything is better than the old staff.  I agree with a lot of what they've done so far.  But now we're 2-3 spots short in '22 (Finely/RB/OL from Ole Miss).  And there are rumored to be more to come.  Another OT, WR, and this DB?  So we now at 19 or 20 for the 22 class.  That's HS kids AND transfers after next season.  No more counting kids forward.

These aren't one year guys taking a spot, so I see the advantage of using a '22 spot for a kid that will help this year.  One in the hand is better than two in the bush? 

In years past coaches that went hard in JUCO early on seemed to struggle.  This is a little bit different b/c they are 4 year kids, but they also need to be upper level contributors vs just guys.  If they are the later I'd prefer to stick with HS kids of save spots for transfers.  I like Finley.  Kind meh on the RB/OL we took.

• Like 1

I get a little ancy with JUCO DB's.  I am trying to think of the last JUCO DB that was able to contribute.  Demond Washington is the last JUCO DB I can think of that panned out for us.

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I get a little ancy with JUCO DB's.  I am trying to think of the last JUCO DB that was able to contribute.  Demond Washington is the last JUCO DB I can think of that panned out for us.

David Irons

31 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Jonathan Wilhite

Definitely gotta go back a ways to the Tuberville /early Chiz years for these guys.

Edited by AUDevil

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

And they’re going heavy on guys with 3-4 years of eligibility left.

This is the key right here. They have to account for the purge this offseason and the massive number of guys who will graduate and/or enter the draft after this season. Plus they likely know that one or two more guys will be "processing". Sammons just announced and Askew is rumored,. for example. 

We're building the '22 class now with extra early enrollees. These guys are going to be far ahead of where most high school kids in the '22 class will be next fall, and likely without losing anything more than a redshirt year. It's not ideal but it's a fantastic approach to the hand Harsin was dealt. It will level off eventually. 

• Like 3

I think we're so far behind recruiting high school for 2022 that we're going to continue taking transfers that count for that class. It will be 2023 before we sign a top ten class again IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is the key right here. They have to account for the purge this offseason and the massive number of guys who will graduate and/or enter the draft after this season. Plus they likely know that one or two more guys will be "processing". Sammons just announced and Askew is rumored,. for example. 

We're building the '22 class now with extra early enrollees. These guys are going to be far ahead of where most high school kids in the '22 class will be next fall, and likely without losing anything more than a redshirt year. It's not ideal but it's a fantastic approach to the hand Harsin was dealt. It will level off eventually. 

To add a little to this, the '22 HS class will be small enough to be "exclusive", very similar to what Clemson was able to accomplish in the early Dabo years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

On 6/2/2021 at 10:21 AM, AU80cruiser said:

I think we're so far behind recruiting high school for 2022 that we're going to continue taking transfers that count for that class. 

On 6/2/2021 at 12:43 PM, bigbird said:

To add a little to this, the '22 HS class will be small enough to be "exclusive", very similar to what Clemson was able to accomplish in the early Dabo years.

Yep, both of these right here. Have to make up ground somewhere and 22 class will be the epitome of SELECTIVE. However I trust these guys, the plan has been sound from the beginning. Can't wait to watch it unfold on the field.

• Like 5

On 6/1/2021 at 8:34 PM, W.E.D said:

But now we're 2-3 spots short in '22 (Finely/RB/OL from Ole Miss).

What's this about an OL from Ole Miss?

17 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

The OL from Ole Miss.  A tackle.  He's maybe/maybe not on scholarship?  Some confusion (at least from me) about the PWO.  he was named as one, so was the CMU RB.  But then the CMU RB is on scholarship.  Maybe the Ole Miss kid isn't. 

33 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Brady Ward

Played at St Paul's.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Brady Ward

Played at St Paul's.

Where does information that we're looking at him possibly transferring in come from? Not doubting you, but there's no mention of it in that thread, and I've not seen a hint of it elsewhere. Would be great to pick up an OT with 4 years of eligibility left, as long as the coaches think he's worthy.

14 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Where does information that we're looking at him possibly transferring in come from? Not doubting you, but there's no mention of it in that thread, and I've not seen a hint of it elsewhere. Would be great to pick up an OT with 4 years of eligibility left, as long as the coaches think he's worthy.

I've not seen anything official, just a lot of chatter

Can't vouch for their reliability or legitimacy

Edited by Paladin

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I'm height biased so I love this addition of a 6'3" corner with 4 years to still play and we screwed Tennessee in the process even better.

• Like 1
  • Love 1