Summer Workouts 2021

Zeek

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yes but I usually always walked 

Intro to tennis sounds much easier than walking a course.

Bought a new Yamaha gas cart last August and use it to fish near by lakes. Those things are great so versatile and fun. Had a Yamaha at Mexico Beach that the hurricane surge got....a must and big business in resort areas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i feel in my heart coach harsin will bring some special moments to auburn before he is done. i hope we give him time if he needs it but the fact he wants to win right now knowing what he faces nakes him one badass in my book.

I see a lot of passion and horsepower from CH and the new staff . Heres to changing the damn narrative and getting back to being killers. Let’s get back to the all or nothing days . #DEPROGRAMMTHEPLAINS

• Like 7

Maybe our media team is just a lot better at editing now, but it sure seems like our players are much more spirited and joyful these days. It ain’t easy to work people like dogs and have them enjoy it so much. Great to see. Can’t wait until kickoff.  WDE 🦅 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Maybe our media team is just a lot better at editing now, but it sure seems like our players are much more spirited and joyful these days. It ain’t easy to work people like dogs and have them enjoy it so much. Great to see. Can’t wait until kickoff.  WDE 🦅 

i was told  they work hard and they have fun doing it. i believe that now. and i love the fact coach told the kids it is an honor and privilege playing at Auburn! i like this as well. a whole lot of kids never get the chance to play at auburn or elsewhere. i think if the players learn the new stuff without it slowing them down to think about it we have a decent season for a first year coach. he might be missing a few players but most coaches worth their salt can scheme away a lot of weaknesses.

• Love 1

On 6/6/2021 at 4:59 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Intro to tennis sounds much easier than walking a course.

Bought a new Yamaha gas cart last August and use it to fish near by lakes. Those things are great so versatile and fun. Had a Yamaha at Mexico Beach that the hurricane surge got....a must and big business in resort areas.

Those gas carts can last forever. I have a 20 year old EZ-Go that has taken a real beating.

32 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i was told  they work hard and they have fun doing it. i believe that now. and i love the fact coach told the kids it is an honor and privilege playing at Auburn! i like this as well. a whole lot of kids never get the chance to play at auburn or elsewhere. i think if the players learn the new stuff without it slowing them down to think about it we have a decent season for a first year coach. he might be missing a few players but most coaches worth their salt can scheme away a lot of weaknesses.

To be honest, these are the same sort of stories that we read every time there is a coaching change.  They are usually true accounts, given that every new staff comes in with what looks like boundless energy.

• Like 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

To be honest, these are the same sort of stories that we read every time there is a coaching change.  They are usually true accounts, given that every new staff comes in with what looks like boundless energy.

i spent fifty bucks on ms cleo to confirm what i just said.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

That is true. But, it feels different to me with this change. Seems like less hype and more foundational. Less of the flashy BMW look, and more of the working 4x4 truck. Grind, one day at a time, mentally and physically tough attitude. I can't help but be excited for this year and the future.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

That is true. But, it feels different to me with this change. Seems like less hype and more foundational. Less of the flashy BMW look, and more of the working 4x4 truck. Grind, one day at a time, mentally and physically tough attitude. I can't help but be excited for this year and the future.

I think it more like building a race car, and getting it ready to test, working out the kinks, before the driver puts the pedal to the metal and takes off. I think Harsin, who knows a little about racing, is this kind of coach. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I'm all for being excited and positive about the new chapter in Auburn football.  War Eagle!

• Like 1

I am trying to temper my hopes for this season. My head says we have the same O-line as last year which was not stellar, we lost our top 3 receivers and we have the same QB who has been inconsistent so I should not expect much. Maybe it is the Orange and Blue Sunglasses I wear that are influencing me, but this new coaching staff seems to say all the right things and seems to have the players working harder then before. Winter workouts that seemed more intense and based on what I read players are bigger and stronger then these workout video's and there seems to be a difference in the attitude of the players who seem to be working hard but also appear happy about it. 

I shouldn't feel this way but I think we are going to have a very solid team this year where we might win some games we shouldn't a better system with stronger players who have bought into the system and are willing to do the work gives me encouragement.  Who knows maybe it is the Orange and Blue glasses and I am not being realistic but I am feeling good about this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Meh. It’s no workout on astroturf in the bubble, but it’ll do…😃

21 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am trying to temper my hopes for this season. My head says we have the same O-line as last year which was not stellar, we lost our top 3 receivers and we have the same QB who has been inconsistent so I should not expect much. Maybe it is the Orange and Blue Sunglasses I wear that are influencing me, but this new coaching staff seems to say all the right things and seems to have the players working harder then before. Winter workouts that seemed more intense and based on what I read players are bigger and stronger then these workout video's and there seems to be a difference in the attitude of the players who seem to be working hard but also appear happy about it. 

I shouldn't feel this way but I think we are going to have a very solid team this year where we might win some games we shouldn't a better system with stronger players who have bought into the system and are willing to do the work gives me encouragement.  Who knows maybe it is the Orange and Blue glasses and I am not being realistic but I am feeling good about this year. 

Always go with your head. It’s like you never bet on the team you pull for. Emotion clouds your judgement. As someone said earler, these type articles always come out. AU is not doing anything different or special than any other team right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

Always go with your head. It’s like you never bet on the team you pull for. Emotion clouds your judgement. As someone said earler, these type articles always come out. AU is not doing anything different or special than any other team right now. 

You are probably right but I still have this feeling that this staff is making a difference especially long term but I also think for next year. The people they have brought in on D should make a good D Nasty and if we utilize the TE's properly to help both in running game and passing game we can take some pressure off the O-line and give starting QB easier throws and a safety net. As for betting I never bet on Auburn or against Auburn as I realize that emotion would cloud my judgement. You are right about the type of articles always come out every year and I usually ignore them as team propaganda but this year either marketing team is better or there is something going on. We will know this fall as a little optimism on my side doesn't hurt anything and at least makes me feel good.

• Like 1

So there was some testing done according to Keef. A few 40 times:

Owen Pappoe - 4.3 40

R. McCreary - 4.4

Also noted that Pritchett had the fastest 40 but time not disclosed. Thought I would share.

edit- Another poster shared these, but I have no clue of the credibility.

Owen 4.32
shedrick 4.36
Pritchett 4.40
Dawson 4.44
steiner 4.46
shivers 4.50
mccreary 4.54
Jarquez hunter 4.55
tank 4.56
Malcolm johnson 4.56
byderrious 4.56
javarious Johnson, smoke, Puckett all 4.59

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Thanks 1

I love that our HC is actually in shape and isnt asking anything of his players that he isnt going to ask of himself!

• Love 1

• Like 2