Auburn Flashback 1993 Auburn vs. Alabama

StatTiger

This Auburn Flashback highlights the 1993 Iron Bowl, pitting #6 Auburn (10-0-0) against #12 Alabama (8-1-1). Alabama was the defending National Champion from 1992, and Auburn was starting over with new head coach Terry Bowden. The 1993 Auburn team might not have been the "greatest" team, but they certainly played "great" together. It was perhaps one of the best teams in school history when it came to team chemistry. There were many outstanding individual performances by Auburn personnel, making significant plays to navigate through an undefeated regular season.

This concept of everyone stepping up to make a play carried through the season's final game against a good Alabama team. Much like the season, there were highs and lows during the 1993 Iron Bowl, but the Tigers managed to generate more highs to remain undefeated for the season. This video project is a non-profit production, produced as a historical account from the pages of Auburn Football History.

I hold no copyrights to the content within. The Auburn Network broadcasted the original video footage. Music credited to ESPN, ABC Sports, Sam Spence, and David Robidoux.

• Thanks 4

So much enjoyed that game. Sanders running straight toward my seat on the TD pass and had him in the binoculars. Thought I saw him quick push off the defender and was looking for offensive pass interference. Bostic run to seal the deal was beautiful.

At that time the game was played weekend before Thanksgiving. Saturday after Thanksgiving the local Auburn radio affiliate played the rebroadcast in entirety. I listened to every minute of it.

• Like 2

My freshman year...this former Bulldog fell in love with Auburn that fall and never looked the same way at the leg humpers again.  1993-94 was on hell of a year for us!

• Like 2

“Out of the shotgun Patrick Nix....Alabama bringing everybody. Nix is gonna float one up for Sanders and Sanders....Oh he caught it at the two and he dives in! Touchdown Auburn! Touchdown Auburn! Oh my goodness. Frank Sanders went up over Tommy Johnson or Antonio Langham and caught the ball at the two, how we held on to it, I don’t know. But he dives into the end zone and Auburn is right back in the thick of it!”

Just got choked up typing the last part out. “Right back in the thick of it” could describe Auburn in it’s entirety in some ways. 

• Love 2