Jump to content

USMNT SOCCER


AUBwins
 Share

Recommended Posts





7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That was some crazy ish. Not often you're gonna keep me up til 12:30 on a school night and I'm gonna tell you it was totally worth it. Holy crap, what a game. 

Honestly, I thought the US played some pretty horrid soccer. I lost count of the unforced errors 20 minutes in. McKenzie was an absolute disaster and was extremely lucky not to be solely responsible for giving up 2 goals. He wasn't alone with the bad giveaways, though. He just had the most egregious one. But...

...if they can play that badly and still beat El Tri, then maybe we should be pretty damned excited for what comes next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thoughts:

McKenzie's second half was better but yeah the stage is a too big for him right now.

Tim Ream is a traffic cone.

Some of GGG's tactics are a mess. The build out from the back nonsense nearly cost us more than it did. Thankfully we did settle in though and were the better side after the first 3rd or so of play until we gassed out late but somehow pulled it out.

Ethan Horvath needs a wheelbarrow at all times to carry his massive balls. 

Mexico fans are still awful.

The ref sucked. Herrera was playing on 3 red cards for some reason.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Tim Ream is a traffic cone.

Oof. Tough to watch. Really hoping Miles Robinson (ATL UTD) gets the call-up. He could give us more than either of those guys. 

There does seem to be some genuine chemistry with these guys. Winning helps of course but at a minimum they seem to embrace Pulisic as the 10 and McKennie is a damned dog out there. And I know it was Mexico but man it was great to see those guys get each other's backs time and again. Just have to see it translate to cohesive play. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, McLoofus said:

Oof. Tough to watch. Really hoping Miles Robinson (ATL UTD) gets the call-up. He could give us more than either of those guys. 

There does seem to be some genuine chemistry with these guys. Winning helps of course but at a minimum they seem to embrace Pulisic as the 10 and McKennie is a damned dog out there. And I know it was Mexico but man it was great to see those guys get each other's backs time and again. Just have to see it translate to cohesive play. 

McKennie is probably our best all around player.

Pulisic had a pretty meh game early. Think a lot of it was him and Dest still feeling each other out. His delivery on corners made us dangerous all night though.

Super impressed with Gio Reyna. Guy was high motor from box to box all night. I imagine that's why he was subbed. Probably gassed out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Ethan Horvath needs a wheelbarrow at all times to carry his massive balls. 

This made me laugh, but man he stepped up big at times.  Especially late.  Also, it's good to see a more seasoned Pulisic. It's a travesty that we have the brightest world class star we've ever had and can't get him in World Cup to shine.  We must get in next time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Pulisic had a pretty meh game early. Think a lot of it was him and Dest still feeling each other out. His delivery on corners made us dangerous all night though.

And the sheer balls to go upper 90 on that penalty. Ochoa had no chance. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

McKennie is probably our best all around player.

Pulisic had a pretty meh game early. Think a lot of it was him and Dest still feeling each other out. His delivery on corners made us dangerous all night though.

Super impressed with Gio Reyna. Guy was high motor from box to box all night. I imagine that's why he was subbed. Probably gassed out. 

Agreed on all counts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

This made me laugh, but man he stepped up big at times.  Especially late.  Also, it's good to see a more seasoned Pulisic. It's a travesty that we have the brightest world class star we've ever had and can't get him in World Cup to shine.  We must get in next time. 

We'll get in this time. Just don't know how deep we go.

"Embrace the hate"

NTTD7nK.png

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone else love Clint, Gooch and Davies doing analysis? Dudes were entertaining as hell. So much better than Lalas and his usual contrarian schtick. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Everyone else love Clint, Gooch and Davies doing analysis? Dude's were entertaining as hell. So much better than Lalas and his usual contrarian schtick. 

100%. Love the analysis, love the camaraderie, love the creds. Love Gooch's straight man to Deuce's shtick.

Wasn't excited about the Paramount+ thing but I signed up for the free trial last night and might keep it. $6/mo still keeps me at a very manageable and far-below-cable cord cutter bill.

But yeah man, I definitely see a future there. 

Oh, and I hope Taylor Twellman never ever ever ever gets invited to that party. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

100%. Love the analysis, love the camaraderie, love the creds. Love Gooch's straight man to Deuce's shtick.

Wasn't excited about the Paramount+ thing but I signed up for the free trial last night and might keep it. $6/mo still keeps me at a very manageable and far-below-cable cord cutter bill.

But yeah man, I definitely see a future there. 

Oh, and I hope Taylor Twellman never ever ever ever gets invited to that party. 

Twellman would be such a buzzkill. 

You had to do the Paramount+ thing for it? I was able to watch on Hulu Live. Go figure. 

Edited by AUDub
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Twellman would be such a buzzkill. 

You had to do the Paramount+ thing for it? I was able to watch on Hulu Live. Go figure. 

*bangs head on keyboard*

Didn't even think to try Hulu. We just recently added it with the Disney bundle and I still have no idea what I can really watch on there. I don't even know if Hulu Live is different than Hulu Plus or whatever I'm getting. I need to investigate. But everything I saw just said Paramount+.

Either way, that's the down side of the transition to sub services. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Update: I very definitely do not have Hulu Live.

Here's our plan currently. Cheaper than cable and gives me access to ESPN streaming and the like. Does the trick for us. 

Game was broadcast on CBSSN which Hulu Live offers. 

0vLWBYW.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

*bangs head on keyboard*

Didn't even think to try Hulu. We just recently added it with the Disney bundle and I still have no idea what I can really watch on there. I don't even know if Hulu Live is different than Hulu Plus or whatever I'm getting. I need to investigate. But everything I saw just said Paramount+.

Either way, that's the down side of the transition to sub services. 

We've been on the bundle for a year and half when Disney plus started.  Got Netflix too.  Thinking of doing Discovery plus because I have heard good things from those that have had it.  I see HBO max just brought in a cheaper 10.99 service with ad support.  I have plenty to watch as it is however. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

We've been on the bundle for a year and half when Disney plus started.  Got Netflix too. 

Same here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to further bitch about CONCACAF. 

Ever wonder why we tend to overperform in the WC final and other teams from our region get a lot of straight reds or double yellows? Look no further than the s*** we have to put up with just to qualify. Refs don't enforce s*** in this region.  When we get there we're playing on proper fields in front of semi-normal fans with competent refs, and typically do better than we do in region for a reason. 

And last night was a DECENT reffing performance for a CONCACAF ref. Mexico would have been 2 down before the second period of extra time had this been a UEFA game.

Argh.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another match tonight, this one against Costa Rica, and we should see a lot of young guys who haven't played much during this last 3-match stretch. Really hoping to see Pefok and Dike on the pitch. Weah and Aaronson probably start at the wings. And we better see Musah for 90 tonight. Really excited about him and his role going forward. 

Edited by boomstick
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, boomstick said:

Another match tonight, this one against Costa Rica, and we should see a lot of young guys who haven't played much during this last 3-match stretch. Really hoping to see Pefok and Dike on the pitch. Weah and Aaronson probably start at the wings. And we better see Musah for 90 tonight. Really excited about him and his role going forward. 

Where is game playing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Where is game playing? 

Rio Tinto. 6central on ESPN 2. So kickoff momentarily. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scary lineup for a "B" team. 

uQmrWKc.jpg

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, boomstick said:

Another match tonight, this one against Costa Rica, and we should see a lot of young guys who haven't played much during this last 3-match stretch. Really hoping to see Pefok and Dike on the pitch. Weah and Aaronson probably start at the wings. And we better see Musah for 90 tonight. Really excited about him and his role going forward. 

Dike starts. Love that. He's my favorite for future number 1 striker. 

Love that we don't have to worry about cap tying Musah just yet. He's all in on America. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're more or less back in our 433 tonight rather than the 352 we whipped out for Mexico. 

Aaronson-Dike-Weah

Musah-Adams-Lletget

Robinson-Ream-McKenzie-Cannon

Horvath 

1-0 USA 8th minute

Dike controls in the box but has it poked away. Falls to Aaronson who buried it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...