USMNT SOCCER

AUBwins

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This just scratches the surface.  Been USWNT, USMNT, and Austin FC, I'll probably end the year attending roughly 20+ matches.

Oh, I know. You make me sick. But I need you to keep doing it. We need men like you on that wall. 

I'll be lucky to make one effin ATL match this season. My boys are on fire, though. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, I know. You make me sick. But I need you to keep doing it. We need men like you on that wall. 

I'll be lucky to make one effin ATL match this season. My boys are on fire, though. 

Yeah, ATL is hot after that coaching change.  We however, royally suck.  At least the games are still rowdy.

• Like 1

John Brooks withdraws from the camp due to a back injury. No replacement for him has been announced yet. Ream withdrew a few days ago and was replaced by Walker Zimmermann. Matt Miazga might get called in to replace Brooks. We currently have 4 CBs on the roster. So, I wouldn't hate calling in Joe Scally as another RB/LB option unless GGG is just convinced he needs 5 CBs.

• Like 1

The last camp for brooks wasn’t great then brooks red card at his subsequent club game and now out of camp  … makes me wonder if there is something else - personal  - going on with him and not just an injury that all of a sudden pops up.

im still hopeful with sands as a central dB in a 3 back alignment.  Last time wasn’t great but he needs some coverage.

Edited by mustache eagle

51 minutes ago, boomstick said:

John Brooks withdraws from the camp due to a back injury. No replacement for him has been announced yet. Ream withdrew a few days ago and was replaced by Walker Zimmermann. Matt Miazga might get called in to replace Brooks. We currently have 4 CBs on the roster. So, I wouldn't hate calling in Joe Scally as another RB/LB option unless GGG is just convinced he needs 5 CBs.

I’m amazed scally isn’t in this camp …

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

The last camp for brooks wasn’t great then brooks red card at his subsequent club game and now out of camp  … makes me wonder if there is something else - personal  - going on with him and not just an injury that all of a sudden pops up.

im still hopeful with sands as a central dB in a 3 back alignment.  Last time wasn’t great but he needs some coverage.

I think it's been his back for a while, and he's tried to play through it. He's not looked the same since right before the September window. Plus, he's often dealt with a back issue.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@Brad_ATX, I think this is cool as hell!

I dig it.

I know the local AO chapter has a pretty large tifo ready to go for Thursday as well.  Apparently designed by a local artist.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

Awful call early. Lawrence pulls down Arriola on a break 20 seconds in and the ref doesn't go to his back pocket. 

Aaronson not having his best game but Musah, Arriola and Dest have been fire attacking Jamaica's left. 

Just as I say that Aaronson with an amazing run finds Pepi for his second. 2-0 62nd minute. 

Dest has a knock. Shaq Moore on in his place. Luca De La Torre on for Musah. 

Costa Rica hangs on for dear life to steal a point against Honduras. 

Mexico just took the lead over Canada at Azteca in the 21st minute. 

Canada's been knocking and they equalize. 

Mexico let's Alphonso Davies get away and he splits the defense to free up Osorio. 

Mexico is not defending well at all. 

Hope for the draw. We top the Hex - er, Ocho - at this point if they tie. 

El Salvador leads Panama. Good. Unclutters the top of the table a bit. 

Canada has got to be feeling great right now. In third with both of their hardest away games out of the way. 

This sets up really nicely for us. Not reading too much into the fact that we're top the table right now, but if we beat Panama on Sunday that will open up quite a gap and put us in excellent position wrap up qualification early. Doubly so if Costa Rica, Honduras and Jamaica can somehow pull some upsets.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:39 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Just got off of a plane in Austin after a quick work trip.  Take escalator down to exit and see a driver holding this.

20211004_223027.jpg

That's where you say, "Why yes, I am Zach Steffen" 😀