USMNT SOCCER

AUBwins

Sucks though Pulisic just got a yellow.  Won't play final match.  Glad we will qualify tonight. 

That Pulisic goal to complete the hat trick was absolute world class. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He looked like a guy that's wanting to get to the cup to show the world something.  

Crap. Gave a goal back.  Need to keep that goal differential up ... just in case.  

Right now, up on Costa Rica by 10 goals.  So a 5-0 loss to them would create a tie and maybe they get the advantage based on GD between us.  They beat us 4-0 last qualifying cycle. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Right now, up on Costa Rica by 10 goals.  So a 5-0 loss to them would create a tie and maybe they get the advantage based on GD between us.  They beat us 4-0 last qualifying cycle. 

Poor Panama. Talk about a team that melted their way out of the last spot. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AUDub said:

My goodness that 2nd touch was filthy.  Just the slow motion of this goal is incredible. 

12 hours ago, AUBwins said:

No.  They have to beat us by 6.

5 goal win would tie us on goal differential, but we move forward on total goals scored.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No.  They have to beat us by 6.

5 goal win would tie us on goal differential, but we move forward on total goals scored.

I heard at the end they would have to win by 6.  I think most are cautious based on last cycle lol.  Careful not to declare we are an auto transfer until it is certain.  How long to we play 5 defenders on Wednesday? 

40 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I heard at the end they would have to win by 6.  I think most are cautious based on last cycle lol.  Careful not to declare we are an auto transfer until it is certain.  How long to we play 5 defenders on Wednesday? 

I would put all 11 guys in the box and never move em.

Or, do the galaxy brained thing and forfeit.  A forfeit is an automatic 3-0 loss.  We would immediately qualify.

• Love 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Or, do the galaxy brained thing and forfeit.  A forfeit is an automatic 3-0 loss.  We would immediately qualify.

That's brilliant but man we'd look bad with that haha

Do bookings carry over to the next available game? Or does it reset after qualifying? 

44 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well I read that in a purposeful forfeit, FIFA could actually disqualify you from competition.  Lol that'd be a new one from us. 

17 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well I read that in a purposeful forfeit, FIFA could actually disqualify you from competition.  Lol that'd be a new one from us. 

There's no way FIFA would let us get away with that. 

27 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

What if we "accidentally" all got sick.

• Haha 1

Tonight we can ice it as long as we don't completely melt. 

• Like 1

As Casey Keller said, it is probably best to possess a little but hit them with counter attacks after they over pursue. 

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

As Casey Keller said, it is probably best to possess a little but hit them with counter attacks after they over pursue. 

We... did not do that. But we also didn't do the one thing we couldn't. Hooray.

Can't wait to see what these boys can do on the big stage. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

We qualified.  Being 1st or 3rd in the region doesn't matter.  We're in and that's all that matters.

Boy, Canada sure proved that second sentence accurate, and they must be pretty pissed about it. But in a polite way.

Hoping against hope that we draw Qatar from the first pot and not Canada from the fourth.