USMNT SOCCER

AUBwins

Tougher test against Uruguay this weekend.  

Ukraine upset a good Scotland team in their play in semifinal.  Now face Wales in a winner take all match for the final spot in our group. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

This pitch in El Salvador tonight is dumb

Maximum CONCACAF

• Like 1

Watched the game last night it was very physical by both teams. My wife is originally from El Salvador and thought we were beating up on them. I didn't see it the same way. We were bigger and faster but the filed took some of that advantage away.  We had way more chances to score then they did but couldn't finish some because El Salvador goalie played a great game and some we just couldn't quite get a good shot off when in great position.

I loved the way after the Red Card we still kept the pressure on El Salvador even though we were playing a man short. The late score to tie was well deserved and showed this team plays with a lot of determination.

Brutal conditions.  I bet Chelsea, juventus, leipzig, Fulham, Lille, et al we’re not pleased with these concacaf conditions.

despite what many said, I was disappointed in how casual we played until the second half.  We ramped up the intensity.  I thought we played our best when we lost a man.  Even better in the 10v10.  I think the extra space helped offset the conditions and helped our athleticism advantage. 

On 6/16/2022 at 3:38 PM, mustache eagle said:

Brutal conditions.  I bet Chelsea, juventus, leipzig, Fulham, Lille, et al we’re not pleased with these concacaf conditions.

despite what many said, I was disappointed in how casual we played until the second half.  We ramped up the intensity.  I thought we played our best when we lost a man.  Even better in the 10v10.  I think the extra space helped offset the conditions and helped our athleticism advantage. 

Once I saw the pitch, I didn't care about the result.  I just wanted everyone to come out healthy.