USMNT SOCCER

AUBwins

Tougher test against Uruguay this weekend.  

Ukraine upset a good Scotland team in their play in semifinal.  Now face Wales in a winner take all match for the final spot in our group. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

This pitch in El Salvador tonight is dumb

Maximum CONCACAF

• Like 1

Watched the game last night it was very physical by both teams. My wife is originally from El Salvador and thought we were beating up on them. I didn't see it the same way. We were bigger and faster but the filed took some of that advantage away.  We had way more chances to score then they did but couldn't finish some because El Salvador goalie played a great game and some we just couldn't quite get a good shot off when in great position.

I loved the way after the Red Card we still kept the pressure on El Salvador even though we were playing a man short. The late score to tie was well deserved and showed this team plays with a lot of determination.

Brutal conditions.  I bet Chelsea, juventus, leipzig, Fulham, Lille, et al we’re not pleased with these concacaf conditions.

despite what many said, I was disappointed in how casual we played until the second half.  We ramped up the intensity.  I thought we played our best when we lost a man.  Even better in the 10v10.  I think the extra space helped offset the conditions and helped our athleticism advantage. 

On 6/16/2022 at 3:38 PM, mustache eagle said:

Brutal conditions.  I bet Chelsea, juventus, leipzig, Fulham, Lille, et al we’re not pleased with these concacaf conditions.

despite what many said, I was disappointed in how casual we played until the second half.  We ramped up the intensity.  I thought we played our best when we lost a man.  Even better in the 10v10.  I think the extra space helped offset the conditions and helped our athleticism advantage. 

Once I saw the pitch, I didn't care about the result.  I just wanted everyone to come out healthy.

• 11 months later...

If he takes pressure off of Pulisic like I'm expecting we're in for a treat 

Pulisiiiiiic! 

1-0 in the 39th as he cleans up a scramble in front of Mexico's goal. 

It's been a weird game. We're sloppy but dominating possession against a good El Tri side. 

Damn.  I just saw your post and about to turn it on.  Just missed it lol

What is the game on anyways lol

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

What is the game on anyways lol

Unfortunately Paramount+

Univision has a better broadcast. 

I'm ambivalent on Gio in a holding role. He's a natural 10. You can tell he doesn't feel at home filling in for Adams.

But we definitely need the depth there.

All in all a successful half of soccer. We look like the better side. Not playing particularly well but well enough that Mexico is stymied. 

OK so must be at half.  Downloaded Univision app to watch and just the screen be back shortly was up

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

OK so must be at half.  Downloaded Univision app to watch and just the screen be back shortly was up

Yeah it’s at half and Charlie Davis just dropped a pipe bomb regarding the GGG hire lol. 

DOS A CERO *clap clap clapclapclap*
DOS A CERO

The leading goalscorer in LigaMX produced jack s*** for Mexico so off he comes as they’re desperate for some finishing. 

Eh I’d have kept the red card in the pocket too. No malice to deserve a second yellow there. 

Gio is ballin’

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

Flo was late there. Montes won’t be winning any Oscars with that performance though. 

Oof that was a bad foul by Montes on Flo and the ref immediately sends Montes off. 

Dest has been filthy

As a result it's now 3-0 courtesy of his feed to Pepi. 

• Like 1

We need to get Pulisic off the field before Mexico starts trying to hurt him. 

This is why Mexico-USA should never be a semi

• Like 1