Jump to content

USMNT SOCCER


AUBwins
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, AUDub said:

Dike starts. Love that. He's my favorite for future number 1 striker. 

 

He's back with the Lions for now Barnsley did not exercise their option for $20 million the Lions have already turned down $10 million from a Big Six Premier Team. The Lions want $20 million

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites





10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He's back with the Lions for now Barnsley did not exercise their option for $20 million the Lions have already turned down $10 million from a Big Six Premier Team. The Lions want $20 million

This is how MLS becomes a real league. I'm so glad the league has moved past the "buy over the hill European guys to come be really expensive furniture before retiring" phase. Now they're *sending* stars to the big leagues. Miggy Almiron is working out pretty well at Newcastle and elite South American talent now view MLS as a very legitimate springboard to Europe. Good stuff. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is how MLS becomes a real league. I'm so glad the league has moved past the "buy over the hill European guys to come be really expensive furniture before retiring" phase. Now they're *sending* stars to the big leagues. Miggy Almiron is working out pretty well at Newcastle and elite South American talent now view MLS as a very legitimate springboard to Europe. Good stuff. 

Won't be long before we're thrashing LIGAMX

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, boomstick said:

 

Keep trying to emphasize how much we have closed the gap. So much young talent. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is how MLS becomes a real league. I'm so glad the league has moved past the "buy over the hill European guys to come be really expensive furniture before retiring" phase. Now they're *sending* stars to the big leagues. Miggy Almiron is working out pretty well at Newcastle and elite South American talent now view MLS as a very legitimate springboard to Europe. Good stuff. 

Probably about already on par with the League Championship. 

Finally a real domestic league. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Keep trying to emphasize how much we have closed the gap. So much young talent. 

And that doesn't include the '03 kids. We might have as many '03s on that list as we do '98-'02s.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mexico drew against Honduras. Gonna be a big oof from me, dawg.

Tata's seat is going to start warming up here soon, especially if they crash at the Gold Cup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newly promoted Watford is taking a hard look at Dike. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bayern Munich is really serious about signing Justin Che from FC Dallas. He played in Germany earlier this year on a loan for Bayern's reserve side and pulled major first team minutes.. Yet another fast rising American prospect looking to go overseas to develop.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No Gold Cup roster out yet. 

Hope we bring Busio so we can cap tie him. Italy is starting to show interest. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Decently favorable draw, especially early on, with our qualifying draw. That finish, though, is tough. 
 

 

Fingers crossed we get to October without McKennie rolling his ankle in a pasture, as @AUDub alluded to. Otherwise, agreed, that should be a lot of points early. Maybe we're in a position where those March fixtures are mostly for bragging rights. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A trip to Canada in January will be a new experience for the boys though lol. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mexico is eating a sanction because of the behavior of their fans. Seems FIFA has had enough of the "PUTO!" chant. They'll play their first 2 home WCQ matches in an empty stadium as a result. If fans return and the chant still happens, FIFA may very well dock points. 

But FIFA is being extremely hypocrital here. After all these qualifiers are for a World Cup Final in QATAR, one of the most homophobic countries on Earth. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Preliminary Gold Cup roster finally released. 

XSW4B7v.jpg

As expected it's MLS heavy but that's to be expected. Still a smattering of Europe in there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So regarding Mexico if FIFA calls Mexico out on the Puto chant again it will be a three point penalty in the Octagonal. 

Would be pretty funny if Mexico fans choose to die on that hill and it costs them a spot in the World Cup Final. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, AUDub said:

So regarding Mexico if FIFA calls Mexico out on the Puto chant again it will be a three point penalty in the Octagonal. 

Would be pretty funny if Mexico fans choose to die on that hill and it costs them a spot in the World Cup Final. 

If they do they deserve it imo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

If they do they deserve it imo

They're so consistently awful they are past due for a crackdown. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2021 at 3:14 PM, AUDub said:

Mexico is eating a sanction because of the behavior of their fans. Seems FIFA has had enough of the "PUTO!" chant. They'll play their first 2 home WCQ matches in an empty stadium as a result. If fans return and the chant still happens, FIFA may very well dock points. 

But FIFA is being extremely hypocrital here. After all these qualifiers are for a World Cup Final in QATAR, one of the most homophobic countries on Earth. 

And this punishment is stemming from chants during pre Olympic qualifier, not the most recent Nations League issues against CRC and USA. Those are being investigated now. My guess is FIFA will make them play more matches without fans due to the NL issues and then dock points going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, boomstick said:

And this punishment is stemming from chants during pre Olympic qualifier, not the most recent Nations League issues against CRC and USA. Those are being investigated now. My guess is FIFA will make them play more matches without fans due to the NL issues and then dock points going forward.

IMO "PUTO!" is really just a pretense to find anything to crack down on them for. Mexican FA has let their fans freely exhibit their hooliganism long enough. Time to force their hand. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL r/LIGAMX circlejerk, everyone. 

dnza2Y8.jpg

Edited by AUDub
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, AUDub said:

Mexico will probably bring an A squad over the outrage of losing the Nations' League Final though lol. 

Yep. They mad.

Guess it makes some sense since if they don't do well in the Gold Cup Tata's seat is going to get very warm. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gold Cup 23 man roster is out. GGG is very much using the Cup to experiment. Right call. Just wish we'd have brought Cowell to cap tie him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feels like an old school roster strategy.  Play d and bomb the ball forward … hope dike can wrecking ball the concacaf squads.  Hope that hoppe can play as a winger … may give him more options in bundesliga 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...