USMNT SOCCER

AUBwins

Just saw highlights but the Pepi goals were beautiful.  My goodness can't wait until we are fully loaded.  Hopefully by the next set so we can build some chemistry with Puli etc.

Huge miss on the early yellow instead of red. I was okay with the 2nd situation right outside the box.

Loved to see the boys so thoroughly outclass Jamaica and leave no doubt. Bad Jamaica teams have beaten underachieving US teams on home soil in crucial games before. I don't know if y'all knew that or not. /s

Weah, man. Talk about a super sub. 

Zardes is the most confounding damned player. The dude is so wonky but he just puts himself in position so consistently. 

I thought Zim looked perfectly capable replacing Ream. Not surprised but glad to see it. 

Aaronson was a little off but still such influence on the game. Love that guy. Love seeing McKennie back and engaged. His swag is a huge asset in CONCACAF and will be in the tournament, too. 

Love the X factor Musah brings.

Now we just need a poor match so I can reverse all of these compliments. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Huge miss on the early yellow instead of red. I was okay with the 2nd situation right outside the box.

Loved to see the boys so thoroughly outclass Jamaica and leave no doubt. Bad Jamaica teams have beaten underachieving US teams on home soil in crucial games before. I don't know if y'all knew that or not. /s

Zardes is the most confounding damned player. The dude is so wonky but he just puts himself in position so consistently. 

I thought Zim looked perfectly capable replacing Ream. Not surprised but glad to see it. 

Aaronson was a little off but still such influence on the game. Love that guy. Love seeing McKennie back and engaged. His swag is a huge asset in CONCACAF and will be in the tournament, too. 

Love the X factor Musah brings.

Now we just need a poor match so I can reverse all of these compliments. 

Both of those calls were right in front of me last night.  Thought the one in the first minute was a clear red.

Also got to meet some legends last night in Marcelo Balboa and Alexi Lalas.  Balboa was working but Lalas was just there to hang out.  Just walked right by us on the concourse and was totally cool about taking pics.  Apparently he sat in the supporters section and Dempsey was in there somewhere too.

Hope the game looked and sounded good on TV.  Fun times as usual at Q2!

20211007_184252.jpg

20211007_184819.jpg

20211007_203731.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Zardes is the most confounding damned player. The dude is so wonky but he just puts himself in position so consistently

People bag on Zardes but he has his place. We don't have anyone that moves off the ball like him or has his work rate defensively or offensively up front. He just never stops moving. He's a mess for back lines and unlike other guys we could call up he just keeps producing. If Sargent, Dike or Pefok could get their s*** together we could justify leaving him off the roster but there's no way we can leave him off as of now. 

My ideal front 3 for Panama is Hoppe, Zardes and Weah at the moment, in fact. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just walked right by us on the concourse and was totally cool about taking pics. 

Really good to hear that. I'll be honest, I tend to say negative things about that dude. But I'm happy to hear counterpoints. I'd love to love him, ya know?

I worked with Casey Keller's mom for a time, and got to hang out with him for a bit when they played in B'ham years ago. Just an absolute gent of a man. I was dating a girl with a kid at the time and he walked up ahead of everyone with the kid, holding his hand and just talking. I'll never forget it. 

Game and atmosphere looked great on TV. And the first one was absolutely a clear red. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We don't have anyone that moves off the ball like him or has his work rate defensively or offensively up front. He just never stops moving. He's a mess for back lines and unlike other guys we could call up he just keeps producing.

Absolutely. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Absolutely. 

Just glad we seem to have FINALLY found an effective finisher at 9 now in Pepi. Kid is just on a damned tear. All aboard that train. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If I'm GGG this is my lineup Sunday. It's the away game this cycle so if you're going to do a roster rotation this is where you do it. Get the best 11 back out for CRC.

Hoppe - Zardes - Weah

Lletget - Busio - Acosta

Bello - Richards/McKenzie - MRob/Zim - Yedlin

Steffen

34 minutes ago, AUDub said:

If I'm GGG this is my lineup Sunday. It's the away game this cycle so if you're going to do a roster rotation this is where you do it. Get the best 11 back out for CRC.

Hoppe - Zardes - Weah

Lletget - Busio - Acosta

Bello - Richards/McKenzie - MRob/Zim - Yedlin

Steffen

Both my Atlanta United guys, I love it.

Nah, you're right. 

12 hours ago, AUDub said:

Canada has got to be feeling great right now. In third with both of their hardest away games out of the way. 

An interesting tidbit from reddit. As I've said I'm a huge Alphonso Davies fan, but just to give you an idea of how important he is to Canada, he tied Junior Hoilett as their all time leader in assists last night. 

He's 20.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Both my Atlanta United guys, I love it.

Nah, you're right. 

Miles has a spot on the World Cup Roster.

Bello it remains to be seen. I think Antonee is the clear cut 1 and, depending on Scally and Vines, it's hard to say. 

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Miles has a spot on the World Cup Roster.

Bello it remains to be seen. I think Antonee is the clear cut 1 and, depending on Scally and Vines, it's hard to say. 

Yup. I wouldn't be surprised if Bello doesn't make the cut. I'm just happy he's been a regular on the roster so far. He flashes brilliance sometimes. Very cool on the ball. Still young, though, and all that entails. 

OK so Steffen, Antonee Robinson and McKennie didn't travel.

Only one affected in the lineup I put forth would be Steffen. Wonder if we put Sean Johnson out there or stick with Turner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

OK so Steffen, Antonee Robinson and McKennie didn't travel.

Only one affected in the lineup I put forth would be Steffen. Wonder if we put Sean Johnson out there or stick with Turner. 

Funny, I was just coming here to shout out Turner:

Bad thing about Turner is that, while he very well might be the best pure shot stopper we have (he surrendered 0 goals in open play during the Gold Cup) he isn't great with the ball at his feet. Hasn't bit us yet though. 

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Picked a good night not to watch.

Hate to hear that GGG couldn't get this squad motivated for this one. 

Let’s put it this way … Walker Zimmerman was probably our motm 

• Like 1

Much needed W tonight. 

Panama is outplaying Canada right now. 1-1 though. 

Alphonso Davies just scored a ridiculous goal to give Canada the lead though.