2022 3* WR Camden Brown

Zeek

On 6/11/2021 at 10:45 AM, augolf1716 said:

Hell no they are South Fl kids.....we know those Texas kids are soft from the terrible coaching they get

Too much coaching 

• Like 1

Reading different Post's on HS programs in some Posts talking about a Fla. Program that produces so many players it is because it all starts with great coaching and development in the HS program and in other Posts kids from some schools were coached so well and developed so well in HS they have already hit their limit.    I can't help but laugh as on one set of posts looks at good coaching development as a positive and the other as a negative.  It must be tough for our recruiters trying to determine how much good coaching is enough in HS versus how much has had the young men peak and won't make it at the next level. LOL.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Reading different Post's on HS programs in some Posts talking about a Fla. Program that produces so many players it is because it all starts with great coaching and development in the HS program and in other Posts kids from some schools were coached so well and developed so well in HS they have already hit their limit.    I can't help but laugh as on one set of posts looks at good coaching development as a positive and the other as a negative.  It must be tough for our recruiters trying to determine how much good coaching is enough in HS versus how much has had the young men peak and won't make it at the next level. LOL.

S Fla kids are purse athletes, Tx kids are maxed out sub-par athletes who look better b/c of coaching then flake out in college.  😀

This is extremely generalized statement.  Clearly not all kids are that way.

Programs like Buford in GA are kinda of similar.  They seem to always have some highly ranked kids, but are just meh in college.

For example, Quinn Ewers is just an extremely good QB and is from TX.  He looks ridiculous throwing a football, will probably be very good in College/Pro, and is from Texas.

• Facepalm 2

@bigbird  it's really a compliment to you & fellow TX HS coaches who get more out of kids

Edited by W.E.D

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

@bigbird  it's really a compliment to you & fellow TX HS coaches who get more out of kids

Oh I take it as a compliment. I just don't agree completely with the overall sentiment and think generalizing an entire state is laughable. Not you, just your stance on this issue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's dumb.

Texas has 192 NFL players from a population of 29 million.

Florida has 194 from a population of  21.5 million.

Yes, Florida has more elite players per capita but the difference isn't vast and to say Texas has "sub par athletes" is ridiculous. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

S Fla kids are purse athletes, Tx kids are maxed out sub-par athletes who look better b/c of coaching then flake out in college.  😀

This is extremely generalized statement.  Clearly not all kids are that way.

Programs like Buford in GA are kinda of similar.  They seem to always have some highly ranked kids, but are just meh in college.

For example, Quinn Ewers is just an extremely good QB and is from TX.  He looks ridiculous throwing a football, will probably be very good in College/Pro, and is from Texas.

Are you really going down this rabbit hole again? Geez 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Oh I take it as a compliment. I just don't agree completely with the overall sentiment and think generalizing an entire state is laughable. Not you, just your stance on this issue.

I mean I did say it was highly generalized (Fla comp was a joke).  I don't want to stop recruiting Texas or anything.  I've been really high on King.  There are a ton of great players in the state.  

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's dumb.

Texas has 192 NFL players from a population of 29 million.

Florida has 194 from a population of  21.5 million.

Yes, Florida has more elite players per capita but the difference isn't vast and to say Texas has "sub par athletes" is ridiculous. 

The fla comment was a joke, hence the emoji.

I even went on to say my comment what highly generalized & even pointed out how amazing I think the #1 player in the country is, who is from Texas.

41 minutes ago, toddc said:

Are you really going down this rabbit hole again? Geez 

I mean I was replying to a comment joking with @augolf1716 who liked my comment.

I believe the entire board needs to smoke more weed and relax a little bit.  We're having fun here, we're all on the same team.

• Like 2

Just now, W.E.D said:

The fla comment was a joke, hence the emoji.

I even went on to say my comment what highly generalized & even pointed out how amazing I think the #1 player in the country is, who is from Texas.

We all knew it was a generalization. That's what makes it dumb. 

Anyways... he now has two CB's to Auburn

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, johnjacob said:

OV canceled by AU. 

I mean, unless he beat up a girl in the last few days this seems kinda odd

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean, unless he beat up a girl in the last few days this seems kinda odd

Could mean they have a silent from another player or they weren't ready for him to commit and it sounded like he was planning to do that on his OV. I am hoping it is because they already have their WRs, because otherwise they could be burning a bridge with a talent rich high school down here in the Sunshine state. 

55 minutes ago, johnjacob said:

Could mean they have a silent from another player or they weren't ready for him to commit and it sounded like he was planning to do that on his OV. I am hoping it is because they already have their WRs, because otherwise they could be burning a bridge with a talent rich high school down here in the Sunshine state. 

Yeah you don't that to a kid in June.  He could come and we could hold off on his commitment.  Seems weird to give the kid the MVP, offer him, set up an OV then cancel the week he was supposed to come.

IDK if our coaches jumped the gun but that seems like it might be a rookie move at a pretty big Fla high school

56 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah you don't that to a kid in June.  He could come and we could hold off on his commitment.  Seems weird to give the kid the MVP, offer him, set up an OV then cancel the week he was supposed to come.

IDK if our coaches jumped the gun but that seems like it might be a rookie move at a pretty big Fla high school

I don't know about the kid, but maybe there was some redflags. I think his spot got taken. I think there are some silent verbals, who just want to stick to their word and finish their visits, but that is just my gut feeling no inside info. 

20 minutes ago, johnjacob said:

I don't know about the kid, but maybe there was some redflags. I think his spot got taken. I think there are some silent verbals, who just want to stick to their word and finish their visits, but that is just my gut feeling no inside info. 

I haven't seen anyone really talking about silents at this point in time.  Maybe there are some

I don't think you eliminate a player because of a silent commit from someone else. If, in recruiting lingo, "commit" means leaning towards then a silent commit ranks somewhere around "might be interested".

There must be something else going on that isn't public knowledge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think you eliminate a player because of a silent commit from someone else. If, in recruiting lingo, "commit" means leaning towards then a silent commit ranks somewhere around "might be interested".

There must be something else going on that isn't public knowledge.

It has to be the latter. 

You also don't cancel an OV because a kid you're actively recruiting might commit.  There are ways to deal with that and get the kid to hold off. 

He could have been an option down the road.  Now it seems like he's going to eliminate us all together.

14 hours ago, johnjacob said:

I don't know about the kid, but maybe there was some redflags. 

This is the Occam's razor explanation and it's enough for me atm. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I like this because I love when someone mentions Occam’s razor; it just sounds badass and a lot better than “that’s the simplest explanation”. Extra points to Loof….

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well thank you. I learned something today. I was not aware that "the simplest explanation is usually the best one" is called Occam's razor. 

• Like 2

Hey guys only my 2nd post , Camden is at Pitt this weekend and Coach Narduzzi put out his Twitter of a verbal called a “ PatSignal” most of my Pitt friends think it’s Camden Brown . Camden should be making it official tomorrow. He spent most of the day with WR coach Brendan Marion , young dynamic coach and recruiter. Just the news I’m heading.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...