Auburn vs Miami 2029/2030

Maverick.AU

AUBURN, Ala.— The Auburn football program has added a home-and-home series with the University of Miami (Fla.) for the 2029 and 2030 seasons. Auburn will play at Miami on Sept. 1, 2029, and will host the Hurricanes at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Aug. 31, 2030.

Auburn is 7-4 all-time against Miami with the last meeting coming at the 1984 Kickoff Classic in East Rutherford, N.J., which Miami won 20-18. The last time the two programs met at Jordan-Hare was Oct. 7, 1978, when the Hurricanes won 17-15. Auburn shut out Miami 3-0 when the schools last met in Miami on Oct. 4, 1974

Auburn's last home-and-home series against an Atlantic Coast Conference school was Clemson in 2016-17.

https://auburntigers.com/news/2021/6/17/football-auburn-and-miami-fla-to-play-home-and-home-in-2029-2030.aspx

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Congrats in advance to Miami on regaining top 10 status by the end of this decade. 

Maybe Gus does really well at UCF and Miami hires him once they fire Manny Diaz.  Then he finally gets his rematch

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Slow day lol

Oh hell yes. Hopefully, I will be a millionaire by then.

• Like 1

I like ACC matchups and a team we compete with recruiting for players. Now we need to improve our brand by winning these types of games which will give us a leg up on recuriting which is the life bllod of college sports.

• Like 1

Love it but man I can't believe college football is still using this archaic "schedule 10 years out" stuff. This is literally a decade away. Why can't there be yearly schedule reveals like every other sport like 6 months beforehand?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Oh hell yes. Hopefully, I will be a millionaire by then.

Invested in Gamestop/AMC/Dogecoin? 😅

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Invested in Gamestop/AMC/Dogecoin? 😅

Feb of this year I threw $5 at Dogecoin as a joke and it's up over 300% since then. I'm gonna use the gains to buy some Taco Bell.

Like the news about scheduling Miami. Should be fun.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I think Pen St. is on a par but great game.

Other than the whiteout aspect, there’s nothing interesting about Penn St to me 

They’re like the 4th or 5th best program in their conference historically and don’t have 1/4th of the relevance of peak U at their peak. A good Miami will also move more seats and do more numbers in the media than a comparable PSU (that’s not just an opinion). But that’s just my opinion 

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Love it but man I can't believe college football is still using this archaic "schedule 10 years out" stuff. This is literally a decade away. Why can't there be yearly schedule reveals like every other sport like 6 months beforehand?

I don’t really get peoples problem with this. It’s not like either program is beating some drum trying to get the troops hyped for this game. They posted a tweet and an article with like 3 seconds of new info. We’re still going to get hyped for the games when they occur regardless of if it’s a mystery or not.

Doing it with some prep time allows for so much more for prognosticators, people who want to make the trip, analysts etc. They do it 6 months out and it’s just a mad frenzy for everyone except those in the know about the game 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kind of the perfect match up for an OOC game IMO. You get the credit for going on the road against a top 25 power five team, in a hostile 106K seat stadium, and you got a solid chance to win. And Auburn should be favored to win the return game at home. I suspect all B1G and SEC fans will be tuned in. Now nobody can complain that Auburn is afraid to go North to play. I feel like Beaver Stadium is much closer to an SEC environment than any other B1G stadium with the exception of maybe Camp Randal so it should be fun for the visiting fans. 

I agree about the advance scheduling. Helps with planning. I want to go to the Bahamas to watch the MBB team but that's an expensive trip with little notice so I know it's probably not happening.  But I got plenty of time to plan out the trip to Cal and I'm grateful for it. 

25 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They’re like the 4th or 5th best program in their conference historically and don’t have 1/4th of the relevance of peak U at their peak. A good Miami will also move more seats and do more numbers in the media than a comparable PSU (that’s not just an opinion). But that’s just my opinion 

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Most hype I’ve been about any OOC we’ve scheduled 

You will finally be as old as you post by 2029/2030!!!! 😂😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Most hype I’ve been about any OOC we’ve scheduled 

Why? You hyped about playing in a half empty stadium in Miami?! Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is very on brand for you!! 😂😂 Getting excited about the flair and sizzle of the legend of the U of yester year when they have been mostly irrelevant since they lost to the vest, Maurice clarett and OSU in the natty in 02. They have a terrible apathetic fan base that never shows up for games even in the rare instances they have had a good season lately. 

Penn State is by far more relevant and successful than Miami and any other big ten team not named Ohio state right now. Michigan is painfully mediocre and Nebraska is fast on their way to terrible. The Penn State crowd even when they had a bowl ban sold out every game and has a raucous and amazing atmosphere.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Can’t even have an opinion nowadays! 

Hahah I'm not going to lie I love messing with you because (and trust me I know this is super petty) but you didn't go to enough home basketball games when you were at AU I thought. every time you were like yah I just wasn't feeling it I was like Ryan from the office angrily taking notes and putting you on my hit list!!! 😆😆. Bruce freaking Pearl was the coach!!!!!

That's always overcooked my grits!!! 😂😂 SOME OF US had to suffer through the lebo and barbee year's while we were students bruh!!! Lmao. That's cruel and unusual punishment. That's what I associate you with so when in doubt I'm like yahhhhhh I'm going to give Dual Threat s***!!! Hahaha  BUT however you are still muhhhh boy blue though because of your fantastic nick Marshall avi!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I like ACC matchups and a team we compete with recruiting for players. Now we need to improve our brand by winning these types of games which will give us a leg up on recuriting which is the life bllod of college sports.

Actually, we’ve won every regular season OOC game besides Clemson since Tubs left.

I really like that we’re purposefully doing the traveling on odd years—we really need the big home games on even!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Can’t even have an opinion nowadays! 

Only if it matches absolutely everyone and offends no one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is very on brand for you!! 😂😂 Getting excited about the flair and sizzle of the legend of the U of yester year when they have been mostly irrelevant since they lost to the vest, Maurice clarett and OSU in the natty in 02. They have a terrible apathetic fan base that never shows up for games even in the rare instances they have had a good season lately. 

Penn State is by far more relevant and successful than Miami and any other big ten team not named Ohio state right now. Michigan is painfully mediocre and Nebraska is fast on their way to terrible. The Penn State crowd even when they had a bowl ban sold out every game and has a raucous and amazing atmosphere.

This was my gut feeling also but had no data to support.