Auburn vs Miami 2029/2030

Maverick.AU

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is very on brand for you!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Getting excited about the flair and sizzle of the legend of the U of yester year when they have been mostly irrelevant since they lost to the vest, Maurice clarett and OSU in the natty in 02. They have a terrible apathetic fan base that never shows up for games even in the rare instances they have had a good season lately.Ā 

Penn State is by far more relevant and successful than Miami and any other big ten team not named Ohio state right now. Michigan is painfully mediocre and Nebraska is fast on their way to terrible. The Penn State crowd even when they had a bowl ban sold out every game and has a raucous and amazing atmosphere.

For as much of a Nancy as I can be, I LOL'd hard when a BR article ranked Miami ahead of us as a coaching job.

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2021 at 8:49 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I donā€™t really get peoples problem with this. Itā€™s not like either program is beating some drum trying to get the troops hyped for this game. They posted a tweet and an article with like 3 seconds of new info. Weā€™re still going to get hyped for the games when they occur regardless of if itā€™s a mystery or not.

Doing it with some prep timeĀ allows for so much more for prognosticators, people who want to make the trip, analysts etc. They do it 6 months out and itā€™s just a mad frenzy for everyone except thoseĀ in the know about theĀ gameĀ 

How did you interpret what I said as a shot at either program? It's a critique on college football scheduling. In 10 years, Miami may suck. We may suck. I'd rather scheduling be done in the short term where actual marquee match-upsĀ could be had.

For instance, Alabama has played the likes of Louisville, FSU, USC, Michigan, etc. all when they were down, because the scheduling is just a long distance crapshoot. All those games were horrible.

What ifĀ storied programs met in these early season clashes based solely on recent success? Like, what if Alabama had to face a Lamar led Louisville, or we got a rematch shot at FSU in 2014?

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

How did you interpret what I said as a shot at either program? It's a critique on college football scheduling. In 10 years, Miami may suck. We may suck. I'd rather scheduling be done in the short term where actual marquee match-upsĀ could be had.

For instance, Alabama has played the likes of Louisville, FSU, USC, Michigan, etc. all when they were down, because the scheduling is just a long distance crapshoot. All those games were horrible.

What ifĀ storied programs met in these early season clashes based solely on recent success? Like, what if Alabama had to face a Lamar led Louisville, or we got a rematch shot at FSU in 2014?

Louisville would lose .Ā 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Even if you thought what I said meant you were taking a shot at either programs (that's not what I said), that was only 6 words of my entire post and not at all the prevailing point. Did you only read the first 10 words?Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our scheduling luck with Miami has usually been weĀ  catch them when they are having good years and skip them when they are having bad years. Lets hope this doesn't repeat itself.

That aside, it's a good game for AU and it takes us to an area where there are a LOT of top college prospects.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DAG said:

Louisville would lose .Ā 

Probably. But it'd be a lot better matchup than the ones we get currently. Plus Saban still has big time struggles against mobile QBs.Ā 

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Probably. But it'd be a lot better matchup than the ones we get currently. Plus Saban still has big time struggles against mobile QBs.Ā 

Alabama is the best team. They are always going to be more talented , therefore get crapped on regarding their schedule.Ā Ā The only possible match up that would even bring a hint of the thought they would lose was if they played Clemson or tOSU every year. Alabama, Auburn, LSU etc does a great job scheduling OOCĀ power 5 programs IMO.Ā 

Edited by DAG

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Alabama is the best team. They are always going to be more talented , therefore get crapped on regarding their schedule.Ā Ā The only possible match up that would even bring a hint of the thought they would lose was if they played Clemson or tOSU every year. Alabama, Auburn, LSU etc does a great job scheduling OOCĀ power 5 programs IMO.Ā 

It would also help if Saban wasn't a chickensh*t and would agree to Home and Homes. He definitely helped bring back the neutral site games. But it's so much more fun to actually go to Clemson, Happy Valley, etc. and host them in Auburn.Ā 

I think the only true Power 5 OOC road trip Saban made since coming to Bama wasĀ freakingĀ Duke.Ā 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It would also help if Saban wasn't a chickensh*t and would agree to Home and Homes. He definitely helped bring back the neutral site games. But it's so much more fun to actually go to Clemson, Happy Valley, etc. and host them in Auburn.Ā 

I think the only true Power 5 OOC road trip Saban made since coming to Bama wasĀ freakingĀ Duke.Ā 

Acting like Saban is scared is silly. They beat virtually everyone. It's revenue for them, not fearĀ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I donā€™t agree they will ā€œalwaysā€ be more talented. Definitely probably have been in Savanna era but that tower will eventually fall.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

They did travel to Happy Valley in 2011. I only remember because I have always liked Penn St, but I like Michigan too so what do I know?Ā 

19 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I donā€™t agree they will ā€œalwaysā€ be more talented. Definitely probably have been in Savanna era but that tower will eventually fall.

Obviously I meant in the Nick Saban Era. But maybe that isnā€™t obvious to someĀ 

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Acting like Saban is scared is silly. They beat virtually everyone. It's revenue for them, not fearĀ 

They don't make more revenue from neutrals. I'd imagine it's a good deal less because A. It's one game instead of a 2 game series. B. One of them is in their stadium.Ā 

You think they make more money playing Louisville in Orlando than a home-and-home with Texas? (BTW, just looked, Bama is actually going to these home and home models in the future. They've got some big games scheduled in the next few years so props to them.)Ā 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Obviously I meant in the Nick Saban Era. But maybe that isnā€™t obvious to someĀ 

Obviously, it wasnā€™t obvious to me. I think that means we agree then, that if not before,Ā definitely at the end of that era we have an opportunity.

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

They don't make more revenue from neutrals. I'd imagine it's a good deal less because A. It's one game instead of a 2 game series. B. One of them is in their stadium.Ā 

You think they make more money playing Louisville in Orlando than a home-and-home with Texas? (BTW, just looked, Bama is actually going to these home and home models in the future. They've got some big games scheduled in the next few years so props to them.)Ā 

It's been said you're getting a massive payout from these games. And then the following season you aren't down primer match up pay day bc the game is away.Ā 

I'd guess two neutral site games is more than one home game.Ā 

I don't think it has anything to do with them being scared. They dominate virtually everyone.Ā 

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Obviously, it wasnā€™t obvious to me. I think that means we agree then, that if not before,Ā definitely at the end of that era we have an opportunity.

No crap. So does everyone else. Thanks for letting us know.Ā 

8 hours ago, DAG said:

No crap. So does everyone else. Thanks for letting us know.Ā 

Gotta try to keep you guys up to speed. Just doing my part.