Supreme Court Slaps Down the NCAA Unanimously

AUGoo

13 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It is going to be really fun when some company picks a vibrant young attention seeking hot shot, like Jameis Winston,  only to find out their big mouthpiece has rape issues etc.   It's just a matter of time.

Good lord.  Your opinions of college athletes are pretty damn poor.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

You should find new ways to have fun. 

you were not entertained by the forum during that, or the cam newton thing,  or our strange coaching search,  or the controversy over Gus.  Albert Means?  Mike Price and hoooker gate?  

example:  

<7 years ago who was the Super bowl player that did the super feel good story advertisement for Gillette? 

>1/4 century ago:    Dirty laundry story;   What school is know as Fee Shoe University and why?     

The feel good stories are short lived.  the controversy can go on forever.

38 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Fun wasn't the best word and used semi-sarcastically.   I should have used entertaining.  why fun/ entertaining?, because everyone on here likes controversy  so much.  Some posters love to bitch and moan about anything.   When someone gets yanked out of their contract for a morality clause this board will go nuts.  If it is a bammer player, even more so.   It is going to be  interesting. 

It does push fun  as long it is not one of our guys. 

You know it will happen... prolly at uga THIS year.   It wont effect the extreme majority of players who obey rules and laws...  and the ones who get caught will deserve it.  I think it will be very interesting when the spotlight is turned on those who have been hiding things like rape and other very serious offenses.

The Jameis Winston  thing was fun and interesting for me.   Would have been much  more fun if a $500,000 contract with Gatorade was publicly put in  play.

That’s sad. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That’s sad. 

what is sad is that there are people who will not even admit to themselves that chaos and controversy are entertaining.

Again,  I am not saying it is the right thing.  It is just the way it is. Everyone agreeing is boring.   People need to have more respect for others views.  Everyone wants everyone else to be tolerant,  but no one is willing to change their own tolerance and acceptance levels.   This is not a good thing,  but it is not boring.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

what is sad is that there are people who will not even admit to themselves that chaos and controversy are entertaining.

Again,  I am not saying it is the right thing.  It is just the way it is. Everyone agreeing is boring.   People need to have more respect for others views.  Everyone wants everyone else to be tolerant,  but no one is willing to change their own tolerance and acceptance levels.   This is not a good thing,  but it is not boring.

I don’t want to derail this thread further but controversy is one thing.

Making a hypothetical about allegations of rape being fun is just weird AF man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t want to derail this thread further but controversy is one thing.

Making a hypothetical about allegations of rape being fun is just weird AF man. 

It was just the  biggest controversial no-no that I could think of.    It is just an example.  sheeeesh.     

But tell me honestly.  Were you not curious and entertained  by the winston scandal? 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

41 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

you were not entertained by the forum during that, or the cam newton thing,  or our strange coaching search,  or the controversy over Gus.  Albert Means?  Mike Price and hoooker gate?  

example:  

<7 years ago who was the Super bowl player that did the super feel good story advertisement for Gillette? 

>1/4 century ago:    Dirty laundry story;   What school is know as Fee Shoe University and why?     

The feel good stories are short lived.  the controversy can go on forever.

These are all different things. @DAGalready made my point for me. 

14 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It was just the  biggest controversial no-no that I could think of.    It is just an example.  sheeeesh.     

But tell me honestly.  Were you not curious and entertained  by the winston scandal? 

No not at all. I definitely wouldn’t think something like that would be entertaining , just like I didn’t consider the Baylor thing entertaining . But what’s weirder is you even putting that energy out there on a thread about athletes getting money. Like I said just odd.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I don't know. Maybe said company will do something crazy, like, I don't know....drop them and move on?

Kinda like the same thing that happens to the pro's with endorsement deals. 

17 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It is going to be really fun when some company picks a vibrant young attention seeking hot shot, like Jameis Winston,  only to find out their big mouthpiece has rape issues etc.   It's just a matter of time.

Cam Newton losing a yogurt sponsorship because he poorly worded a response to a female reporter... Man, that story really had some legs to it. Juicy AF. I'll never forget where I was when I heard 

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Cam Newton losing a yogurt sponsorship because he poorly worded a response to a female reporter... Man, that story really had some legs to it. Juicy AF. I'll never forget where I was when I heard 

AS minor of an offense and controversy as that was...... it is ironic  that you did  remember that. 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

11 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

AS minor of an offense and controversy as that was...... it is ironic  that you did  remember that. 

Not ironic in the least that I remember a minor controversy involving the athlete that I enjoyed watching play more than any other in my lifetime and whose career I've accordingly followed very closely.

Yes, controversy sells just like objectively terrible music, television and food.. I suppose I can credit you for not pretending to be above that. Don't understand it myself but it's definitely a thing for a lot of people. And that's a damned shame.

18 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It’ll happen. Not to mention drugs, prostitutes, bookies getting involved. Just give it time W.E.D and DAG

14 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

you don't know s*** about me.

Now you're mad and lashing out 

And yet,  I am correct.     Controversy sells.    The number replies to  my post  shows  how hypocritical  some of you really are.  One controversial view and some of you lose your s***.    Some on  this  board live to argue, thrive  on controversy and are too shallow or naïve  to admit it. 

The controversial posts get so much attention they dominate the other posts.   

i.e.  topics on the board: 

"what's going on with AD and Lt Gen Burges"   443 replies where no one really knows anything.

vs 

"Nix, Bigsby named to Maxwell Award watch list"    0 replies

There are a few "good news" posts that get attention, but in general most good news posts barely make it to double digits in replies.   A large percentage of good news posts have ZERO replies.    

This board is quickly becoming  more about attacking others views than discussing football.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

And yet,  I am correct.     Controversy sells.    The number replies to  my post  shows  how hypocritical  some of you really are.  One controversial view and some of you lose your s***.    Some on  this  board live to argue, thrive  on controversy and are too shallow or naïve  to admit it. 

The controversial posts get so much attention they dominate the other posts.   

i.e.  topics on the board: 

"what's going on with AD and Lt Gen Burges"   443 replies where no one really knows anything.

vs 

"Nix, Bigsby named to Maxwell Award watch list"    0 replies

There are a few "good news" posts that get attention, but in general most good news posts barely make it to double digits in replies.   A large percentage of good news posts have ZERO replies.    

This board is quickly becoming  more about attacking others views than discussing football.

You're not wrong on a lot of this post but being entertained by something and being curious and wanting to learn about it are separate things. Kind of like rubbernecking when driving past a car accident, nothing entertaining about it but most will still look and even form opinions about how and what happened. You are correct about the attacking, arguing and hypocrisy on here but it's different folks at different times. We can all be hypocritical at times. I am probably missing some decent content from time to time but I tend to gloss over many of the back and forth exchanges once I see what's happening. You are also most likely correct that there will be instances that a player will bring embarrassment and harm to themselves, their school and others by their actions but that can happen with or without a sponsorship. The NIL is actually a good thing for these young athletes in more ways than one. They need to learn how to manage their life, and finances are a huge part of life. I see grown men and women daily who are limited in options because they can't manage their finances. Financial responsibility is an educational opportunity within the NIL itself. There is a moral compass as well in this and some will learn the hard way but I hope no one is entertained by the ones that fall short. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If it was a report of an airplane crashing I'd want to know because of the risk, the fallout, hoping purple are ok but I'm not entertained by it. You're trying to make a point you are just using the wrong words to convey your message.....

Hell this entire country would probably be more governed if dictated by a king but it broke away and it's a free country.....I assume you're happy about that and not pointing out one bad thing saying it would be better if you were a slave.

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

not-wrong-youre-right.gif