Critical Race Theory

AUFAN78

44 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Rarely see those flags anymore

Homer thinks everybody that is not a liberal or at least a Trump hater has a Confederate Battle Flag in their back pocket. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Just got in trouble at work for reading this thread...lmao

Ehtan and I play the Flag Game driving now. We are on our honor when alone but also while together. We give 5 points for CFs, 10 for trumps, 10 for MIAs, these points are while mounted in a yard. There are so many trucks around here with flags on them, we have a reduced point system for them. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Homer thinks everybody that is not a liberal or at least a Trump hater has a Confederate Battle Flag in their back pocket. 

19 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

19 hours ago, PUB78 said:

You must be hanging out in some rough places Homer!  I have never seen these types of rally’s, in person, in my entire life.

Where do guys live? I'm in Alabama, and it's pretty common to see Confederate flags on poles or stuck to barns/fences, ect whenever you go out into the country or rural areas. Barely ever see them in the city though. 

Those confederate groups also make sure to place those HUGE confederate  flags right along major interstates wherever they can. 

There's this guy that has a HVAC business near me and recently he had a flag poll that had a "F*** Biden" Flag right above a Confederate one. Used to have a American one on it, I guess he changed allegiances once Trump lost.  

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2021 at 2:08 PM, SaltyTiger said:

I see them all the time on cars, especially pick-ups. 

Occasionally I see them flying on flag poles outside someone's house.  Have seen a few "Trump" flags as well.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Where do guys live? I'm in Alabama, and it's pretty common to see Confederate flags on poles or stuck to barns/fences, ect whenever you go out into the country or rural areas. Barely ever see them in the city though. 

Those confederate groups also make sure to place those HUGE confederate  flags right along major interstates wherever they can. 

There's this guy that has a HVAC business near me and recently he had a flag poll that had a "F*** Biden" Flag right above a Confederate one. Used to have a American one on it, I guess he changed allegiances once Trump lost.  

I need to photograph "Dixie Outfitters" on US 25 south of me.  They fly a huge battle flag and have various other confederate flags along their lot next to the hwy.

The place specializes in confederate paraphernalia of all types.

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I live in Alabama and drive to various areas of the state often. I know of one huge CF on I65. I do not drive to rural areas typically, but I would encourage you to stop and ask why they fly that flag? Explain your passion.

You have an opportunity to change minds.

Oh and report back please.

16 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I live in Alabama and drive to various areas of the state often. I know of one huge CF on I65. I do not drive to rural areas typically, but I would encourage you to stop and ask why they fly that flag? Explain your passion.

You have an opportunity to change minds.

Oh and report back please.

you're hilarious. Might want to think about quitting your job and taking your act on the road. 

11 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

you're hilarious. Might want to think about quitting your job and taking your act on the road. 

I'll take that as a No, I am scared response. Predictable. Not to mention it was a made up story to begin with. Kind of obvious now right? 

• Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'll take that as a No, I am scared response. Predictable. Not to mention it was a made up story to begin with. Kind of obvious now right? 

nothing in my story was made up.  I can only guess you must be one of those people who displays a Confederate flag on your house or car considering how defensive you seem to be about it. 

If you do then you need to stop it, because it makes you look like an idiot to anyone who isn't a methed up inbred. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

nothing in my story was made up.  I can only guess you must be one of those people who displays a Confederate flag on your house or car considering how defensive you seem to be about it. 

If you do then you need to stop it, because it makes you look like an idiot to anyone who isn't a methed up inbred. 

No. I just don't appreciate liars. Especially those that double down.

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

No. I just don't appreciate liars. Especially those that double down.

What are you even accusing me of lieing about? That I see confederate flags in rural, Al? That there’s a guy why flys a f’biden flag with a confederate one? 

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

What are you even accusing me of lieing about? That I see confederate flags in rural, Al? That there’s a guy why flys a f’biden flag with a confederate one? 

In the totality of this thread, a lot. I didn't really have to tell you that now did I? 

You and others have lied consistently, doing precisely what the Joy Reid's of the world are thru obfuscation and deflection. 

No one cares what you deem CRT to be or what some supposed academic paper says it is supposed to be. The OP is regarding how and what is being taught. 

Learn the difference and you'll be fine. 

Peace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

I see them all the time on cars, especially pick-up. 

Occasionally I see them flying on flag poles outside someone's house.  Have seen a few "Trump" flags as well.

I saw them flying on the side of I-75 south in Florida last week as part of a Sons of Confederate Veterans monument. I’ve seen them flying on residential flag poles throughout rural AL, GA, MS, SC, NC and FL in the last two months. However I’ve seen fewer and fewer over the last 20 years of traveling the same roads. 

On the flip side I’ve been treated with disrespect more often by black Americans since the election. Honestly I think we are headed for a reckoning as a nation. Not looking forward to it. 

• Facepalm 1

You guys are getting crazy in here lol. CRT is something I don’t even think about. It’s a complete non-issue in America today, and is waaaay down the list of things that are actually troubling America right now, and need solving. The video in the OP is an old video from years back of a crazy woman giving a talk to a group of middle aged+ folks. It’s not being taught in schools and white kids aren’t being taught to hate themselves and their race. That’s all propaganda meant to make you mad and afraid, and it’s working perfectly from what I can see in here. 

Ironically, all the far right media making such a huge deal about  CRT is what pushed it into the prime time national consciousness and we’ll be having more kids exposed to the ideas of CRT because of the Republican obsession with it than it would have been otherwise. I can guarantee you a lot of CRT supporters today didn’t have any idea what it even was 6 months ago till Fox News and it’s Iilk decided that CRT would become the next major crisis they would invent. 

The majority of people I work with everyday are Black, and I have had absolutely no indication of being treated differently in any way since the election. They don’t talk about CRT, they don’t disrespect me in any way (I’m afraid to ask what you mean by blacks disrespecting you) 

step away from the edge here guys....race replacing and race war type nonsense is the type of rhetoric very popular with the neo-Nazi groups. No need to even think of buying into that garbage. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

I see them all the time on cars, especially pick-up. 

Sure you can find a few if you search hard enough……saw a small CF on a boat in Saint Joe Bay last year.

• Dislike 1

9 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Ironically, all the far right media making such a huge deal about  CRT is what pushed it into the prime time national consciousness and we’ll be having more kids exposed to the ideas of CRT because of the Republican obsession with it than it would have been otherwise. I can guarantee you a lot of CRT supporters today didn’t have any idea what it even was 6 months ago till Fox News and it’s Iilk decided that CRT would become the next major crisis they would invent. 

Will not disagree with you Coffee. Would think most of have understood the theory to some degree. Especially those of us that follow athletics. We have always agreed that sports is “ a way out “ for young black athletes. Guess my issue in k-12 would be teachers understanding how to present the concept.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sure you can find a few if you search hard enough……saw a small CF on a boat in Saint Joe Bay last year.

There is no need to "search" for them.  They can be seen rather frequently by simply paying attention in your travels.

Of course they are guaranteed in certain venues like Trump rallies and other right wing protests or demonstrations.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There is no need to "search" for them.  They can be seen rather frequently by simply paying attention in your travels.

Of course they are guaranteed in certain venues like Trump rallies and other right wing protests or demonstrations.

Traveled from Auburn to the Mississippi coast and a quick venture to New Orleans last month.

Auburn to B’ham twice last week.

Auburn to Mexico Beach yesterday.

sorry but no battle flags sighted. Did see one dated hand painted “Go Trump” sign yesterday. It was in a rural area and in front of a very nice refurbished older plantation style home. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Traveled from Auburn to the Mississippi coast and a quick venture to New Orleans last month.

sorry but no battle flags sighted. Did see one dated hand painted “Go Trump” sign yesterday. It was in a rural area and in front of a very nice refurbished older plantation style home. 

Yeah, you won't encounter many - with some notable exceptions - on the interstate traveling from one city to another. 

Most of the ones I encounter are while traveling in neighborhoods - grocery store parking lots, lower-priced sub divisions, and especially, rural areas.

Edited by homersapien

On 7/31/2021 at 2:22 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Then I invite you to travel HWY 67, 278, 431 and we will count 7-8 most days and sometimes up to 12-13 if we count trucks with flags. At the 231-278 junction, they often have a flag flea market where you can buy a faux CBF the size of the gas station. It is so big that they use it as a tarp to cover all the vendors. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

So I read it. 

Here's the thing. the article points out in total about 35 give or take school districts in the United State that it says are teaching CRT. (note that on the proof list for the book, most of the school districts had it on a 'recommended summer reading list', so while we could argue if that book is good for children or not, it seems to be just on a standard reading list and not actually being taught in the classrooms), so i'd argue most of those 30 school's it lists are not in fact teaching CRT even if their libraries do carry a book that has some ideas of CRT in it. 

But going back to my point...35 school districts are 'proof' that CRT is being taught all around America. Sounds horrifying, right? But wait, how many school districts are there in the United State? 

About 13,800   so we've got "confirmed" CRT in about 35/13,800 districts or 0.2% of US schools. This after almost half a year of obsessive media coverage and attempts to find and stamp out CRT by the Right.

I don't know....I'm still not seeing the 'all hands on deck' crisis that Republican news is wanting us to believe in. 

And A Meme 

gTFH5LnGeqCcT_peGjuWyNxYM9RJ-J8ROozs9IBA

Edited by CoffeeTiger