NIL effect on College Basketball

Maverick.AU

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

That’s how you keep these kids on campus. 

• Like 2

"People are going to be shocked when July 1st hits and they hear about the numbers that are being thrown around for All-American type players from the biggest schools in college basketball. I'm hearing these deals will rival Overtime/G League Ignite type money for top guys."

Gee, ya' think?

It's a foregone conclusion that top-level football and basketball recruits will be the subject of bidding wars by rich alumni. I know AU will pay for football guys. Not as much as UAT, Texas A&M and so forth, but we can out-bid the Mississippi schools, FSU and similar. I'm just concerned that our big money folks won't pony up what it will take to land a 5* basketball prospect.

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm just concerned that our big money folks won't pony up what it will take to land a 5* basketball prospect.

I think we'll be okay...

image.png

Seriously though, there is plenty of money, not involved with football, that wants AU basketball to be successful.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

And just wait for the NCAA to add thousands of pages of rules to control this influx and culture change for student-athletes. 

It's going to be a moving target. 

I'm just glad we're starting to do this stuff on the surface and the excuses/blind eyes stop (hopefully here before anywhere). It's just a slap in the face to our collective intelligence 

47 minutes ago, alexava said:

YellaWood, Apple we got recruiters. In less than 10 years it will ruin college sports. 

I didn't even think about Apple/Tim Cook. Man, we could really ball if we can figure out how to pivot this to them 

• Like 1