CBS’ Most Improved Rosters

toddc

2. Auburn

247Sports recruiting class ranking: No. 74 

Breakdown: The Tigers only signed one class of 2021 player, but it was a good one in five-star forward Jabari Smith. With Smith set to join 7-foot-1 North Carolinatransfer Walker Kessler in the front court, Auburn is in store for a serious rebound from their 13-14 campaign. Transfer guards K.D. Johnson (Georgia), Wendell Green (Eastern Kentucky) and Zeb Jasper (Charleston) will give Bruce Pearl depth and options in the back court and get the Tigers back in the mix for an SEC title. 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• toddc changed the title to CBS’ Most Improved Rosters

Crazy is that this class is some really odd miscommunications from being even better

Idk how good anyone is yet, but some of these pieces seem like guys that can build a core for another strong 3 year run. I don’t remember how the Covid rules work, but last year didn’t count for anyone who returns right? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

. I don’t remember how the Covid rules work, but last year didn’t count for anyone who returns right? 

I believe you're correct

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I believe you're correct

could have everyone from this team sans Flan, Kessler, and Jabari 2 off seasons from now 

I personally believe KD will have also played himself into a NBA spot somewhere going into 2024 though

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

could have everyone from this team sans Flan, Kessler, and Jabari 2 off seasons from now 

I personally believe KD will have also played himself into a NBA spot somewhere going into 2024 though

I think Jabari will be a one-and-done. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 7:29 AM, AUDub said:

I think Jabari will be a one-and-done. 

Barring something catastrophic happening, he will be, rest assured.

On 7/2/2021 at 3:07 PM, Rednilla said:

Barring something catastrophic happening, he will be, rest assured.

May he give us another first round draft pick!

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

May he give us another first round draft pick!

He's odds on favorite to become Auburn's highest draft pick ever, letting Isaac rein for all of two years.

• Like 1

The Legend begins! Jabari is going to be fun to watch baby 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

57 minutes ago, toddc said:

The Legend begins! Jabari is going to be fun to watch baby 

If you're an offensive guy coming out of High School, I don't understand how you wouldn't want to play for Bruce. He's telling these young men to shoot and shoot often. As long as you play hard on the other end, you'll be rewarded with shots.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

If you're an offensive guy coming out of High School, I don't understand how you wouldn't want to play for Bruce. He's telling these young men to shoot and shoot often. As long as you play hard on the other end, you'll be rewarded with shots.

And you hear recruits saying that about CBP’s style of play in giving players the ability to just go play.

You have to tale it into context he didn't say just take shots. He said for now Just take shots so I can see what you can do. Once we get closer I will tell you what is a good shot. So basically you decide what you can do I will watch and if you can make it I will have you take it during season if not I will tell you no on that shot. I like this philosophy each player sets his own limits on what he can do and when the player has shown what he can do Peral will design around what they can do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 9:33 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

You have to tale it into context he didn't say just take shots. He said for now Just take shots so I can see what you can do. Once we get closer I will tell you what is a good shot. So basically you decide what you can do I will watch and if you can make it I will have you take it during season if not I will tell you no on that shot. I like this philosophy each player sets his own limits on what he can do and when the player has shown what he can do Peral will design around what they can do.

Jared and Bryce always had a green light. Loved that.