5 * CG Zion Cruz

johnjacob

Saw where ESPN dropped Cruz down to a 4star and he is now #56 in the overall 2022 list.

I don't remember what # he was before this latest posting.

CBs are still leaning towards Auburn?

Must mean we definitely don't feel good about Nick Smith jr.

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Saw where ESPN dropped Cruz down to a 4star and he is now #56 in the overall 2022 list.

I don't remember what # he was before this latest posting.

CBs are still leaning towards Auburn?

Must mean we definitely don't feel good about Nick Smith jr.

Still won't be AU. He still isn't a take. J Lee has been all over this from the start and he isn't wavering in that it won't be AU.

Kid REALLY REALLY wants to be at AU.

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kid REALLY REALLY wants to be at AU.

So how many delays is this now?

It might be best for him to just holler out his commitment in front of his house. Not sure anyone is going to follow his social media announcements anymore...lol.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

So how many delays is this now?

It might be best for him to just holler out his commitment in front of his house. Not sure anyone is going to follow his social media announcements anymore...lol.

2 or 3. He's just waiting on AU to give him the green light to commit. We see his dream school. Up till now that hasn't happened so he keeps postponing.

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Also what the hell is "CG??' cross guard, center-guard, core-guard, coaching guard .....

Combo guard.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Combo guard.

Just like this but different!

64C2E839-72BC-4EE6-9A2E-CB32A66A782B.jpeg

• Haha 2

I know we are trying to get Nick Smith who is moving up in the rankings and both he and Zion are combo guards. But why not take both of them one can play SG and one small forward as in our offense they are almost interchangeable.

I saw where some people said there were questions about Zion's D and teamwork but anybody as good as he is who wants to play for us so badly that he postpones announcements multiple times I believe would be coachable and improve both aspects of his game if those are legitimate stories about D and Teamwork.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I know we are trying to get Nick Smith who is moving up in the rankings and both he and Zion are combo guards. But why not take both of them one can play SG and one small forward as in our offense they are almost interchangeable.

@AuburnNTexas the plan right now is to only take 3 total high school players in this class because nobody is graduating. We have 2 spots open & the only virtual lock to open up a 3rd spot in the class is Jabari going pro after this season. We have our top PG target in Tre, Our top 2/combo guard target is Nick Smith with us in a good spot per AU insiders. Our top big is Jarace Walker & insiders feel good about him too. Also if we were to take Smith & a SF then Cruz is at least behind Dillon Mitchell & Chance Westry on the staff's board. Lastly, beyond the 3 spots just discussed there is no guarantee other spots will open up but if they do the plan is to fill them with transfers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...