UGA Transfer WR Demetris Robertson Commits to Auburn!!!

Zeek

Screenshot_20210701-211650_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19aa3c65ae2831e47c7546115eef3e97.jpg

Looking more and more likely he ends up at Auburn.

Edited by Zeek

34 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Screenshot_20210701-211650_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19aa3c65ae2831e47c7546115eef3e97.jpg

Looking more and more likely he ends up at Auburn.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

He went to Holden's rival high school for what it is worth.  Would love to get him.

As much as I think a great deal of the talent in our receivers room, this would probably be a BIG pickup. He's a veteran presence, which is needed, and he's obviously talented.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

As much as I think a great deal of the talent in our receivers room, this would probably be a BIG pickup. He's a veteran presence, which is needed, and he's obviously talented.

I'd like him for the vet aspect, not sure how talented he really is.  He's been a bit of a disappointment most places.  Maybe it was just b/c of his injuries.  We need someone like him, but I'd be a little tempered on expecting a 5* type production 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'd like him for the vet aspect, not sure how talented he really is.  He's been a bit of a disappointment most places.  Maybe it was just b/c of his injuries.  We need someone like him, but I'd be a little tempered on expecting a 5* type production 

I'm not expecting him to be the star of the group, but he wouldn't have been a 5* if he weren't talented. If he can provide that veteran presence and be a consistent performer on the field, it'll be a win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

I'm not expecting him to be the star of the group, but he wouldn't have been a 5* if he weren't talented. If he can provide that veteran presence and be a consistent performer on the field, it'll be a win.

Yeah, I've been saying all along we need a vet WR of some sort.  There are 5* kids that don't pan out, he seems to be one of them.  He'll probably be OK, but it's probably a low chance he lives up to his ranking.  I think he'll help more being someone that has contributed in big boy football.  No one else has.

I mean, i'd be thrilled if he could repated his TrFr season.  750, 15ypc, 7tds

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

craziest thing is that statline would be an elite Auburn receiver statline this century haha 

I'm more inclined to believe the 300+ yards he got one season for UGA is what we should expect with him. I mean, the Cal QB had 4,300 yards passing that year, despite a losing record, and Robertson was second on the team in receiving yards. He was way behind the leading receiver, but there was a similar dropoff between him and everyone else.

Of course, I'll take 300+ yards receiving out of him all day long if it means he provides the leadership those guys need to meet their potential.

36 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

craziest thing is that statline would be an elite Auburn receiver statline this century haha 

Yeah, we don't have any really elite WRs.  I hope that changes

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Us wasting NCM, KD, McClain and ... the other big name from that class I'm missing (Stove?) depressed my ability to ever have hope for receivers here 

Those guys PEAKED their first year....with Sean White!!! It never got better!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yes we have. We just haven't had offenses that feature them well enough for them to show out. I'm hopeful that Harsin is going to change that with a modern passing attack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I think we do but they haven’t had a chance to show it yet on the field. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, W.E.D said:

What evidence do you have that reinforces this thought?

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Yes we have. We just haven't had offenses that feature them well enough for them to show out. I'm hopeful that Harsin is going to change that with a modern passing attack.

We haven't, but Bobo has shown he can get the ball to play makers so it changes 

17 hours ago, toddc said:

We've had good guys, none elite. If they were eltie the NFL would have found them and made them good. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

What evidence do you have that reinforces this thought?

Name one? I'd love to hear evidence any of them were elite. 

What elite WR have we had in the last 20 years? We've had good se good WRs, none elite. . Not a single one over 1000 yds since 2000.  None gone in the 1st round. Hell have we even had a 2nd? Coates was a 3rd round? 

If you think we've had a single elite WR put them up against 10 of the last 2 decades and none of them are that. 

Some elite WRs over the last 20 years. 

Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson. Jamar Chase, Larry Fitzgerald, Percy Harvin, Mike Williams, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Ceedee Lamb, all of Bama's last 3-4 1st round WRs. 

If you think any WR from Auburn's team in the last 2 decades are in their class, which is elite, you're kidding yourself. But I'd love to hear your argument 

Edited by W.E.D

I think we’ve definitely had college prospects that seemed as good as a Mike Will or Ceedee, just in limited touches

Seth’s effort hurt a lot but he didn’t have great QBing, Kyle Davis could do everything but Sean only played such a small part of his small time here. Duke to me should’ve been considered an elite WR by the end of his tenure, but his mind state. Idk if Darvin was elite, but he sure felt like he could’ve been elsewhere 

At the very least, I think we were getting elite WR talent by the mid 2010s. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:
21 hours ago, toddc said:

We've had good guys, none elite. If they were eltie the NFL would have found them and made them good. 

Darius Slayton has been pretty decent. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Darius Slayton has been pretty decent. 

Yeah, he was good. He wasn't elite 

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think we’ve definitely had college prospects that seemed as good as a Mike Will or Ceedee, just in limited touches

Seth’s effort hurt a lot but he didn’t have great QBing, Kyle Davis could do everything but Sean only played such a small part of his small time here. Duke to me should’ve been considered an elite WR by the end of his tenure, but his mind state. Idk if Darvin was elite, but he sure felt like he could’ve been elsewhere 

At the very least, I think we were getting elite WR talent by the mid 2010s. 

Mike Williams dominated during USCs glory days as a Fr and Soph. We haven't had a WR close to that. 

Lamb nearly broke 1000 yd as a rookie. That's pretty hard to do. I'm not sure we've had a guy break a starting line up as a Rookie. Having back to back 1300yd 15td seasons in college isn't something any player in recent Auburn history has been close to touching 

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

But I'd love to hear your argument 

But, Gus.

The talent has been there, the offense or ability to utilize it has not.

I'm waiting for you reasoning why our talent is untalented and not unproven.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Mike Williams dominated during USCs glory days as a Fr and Soph. We haven't had a WR close to that. 

Lamb nearly broke 1000 yd as a rookie. That's pretty hard to do. I'm not sure we've had a guy break a starting line up as a Rookie. Having back to back 1300yd 15td seasons in college isn't something any player in recent Auburn history has been close to touching 

I thought you meant Clemson’s Williams 

I don’t think you can entirely rely on stats to see who’s elite and who’s not. Thad Moss had an incredible season for a TE and he’s fighting just to stay on a NFL roster. Duke was pretty meh statistically but I think it’s undeniable he was one of the 10 best WRs in the SEC. it’s about what’s around you too. I think every WR you listed played in a very favorable system for any WR, much less an elite one 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

But, Gus.

The talent has been there, the offense or ability to utilize it has not.

I'm waiting for you reasoning why our talent is untalented and not unproven.

Agree Gus is awful but that is only 7 of 20 years of the last 20.  We've had talented players. We haven't had a single elite dominate WR. Not a single WR has been like Cam was as a QB, which was Gus btw. 

I said elite. Not good, very good, talented. We've had those, we haven't had an elite WR across 3 coaches and numerous OCs in the last 20 years 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I thought you meant Clemson’s Williams 

I don’t think you can entirely rely on stats to see who’s elite and who’s not. Thad Moss had an incredible season for a TE and he’s fighting just to stay on a NFL roster. Duke was pretty meh statistically but I think it’s undeniable he was one of the 10 best WRs in the SEC. it’s about what’s around you too. I think every WR you listed played in a very favorable system for any WR, much less an elite one 

Agree on stats, but those guys dominatated and the stats showed and backed it up. 

I really liked Duke. But I don't think he's a top 10 SEC WR over the last 20 years. There are probably 10 better than him since he last played for us. He ran a slant that was unstoppable tho