Chizik 2010 vs Harsin 2022 recruiting

Mikey

14 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Wait, are you saying you'll take the side of those three being ranked ahead of Auburn? :laugh:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

While I didn't agree with Mikey standing by Gus to the end I did admire the fact that he felt he is the coach of my team  so I will stand by him. So to be honest I expected the same thing with the new coach he is the new coach of my team so I will stand by him. 

When it became obvious Gus was not going to turn the corner most of us wanted a new coach but Mikey stood by his team's coach that was something to admire even if if I disagreed, but now to basically knock everything a new coach is trying to do under very difficult circumstances seems like Mikey no longer stands by the coach of his team.

Mikey what happened to the person whose blind loyalty to the coach of his team I disagreed with but could admire.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

So to be honest I expected the same thing with the new coach he is the new coach of my team so I will stand by him.

He proclaimed this, but we see this is not the case. He still however has been very apologetic for Gus.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

He proclaimed this, but we see this is not the case. He still however has been very apologetic for Gus.

He's butthurt, and he's treating us the way he feels he has been treated for the last couple of years.

• Like 1

It’s not even possible to try to compare the two classes. The recruiting landscape is completely different now than it was in 2010. For one thing transfers has basically become a free agency type of situation where you can immediately add a player for a number of positions to help give you immediate depth at the very least and in some cases you can get an impact player. Remember that while transfers are important they do not count in recruiting rankings. Another big factor is that there is now a December signing period where there wasn’t in 2010. In 2010 you could have a good season to help you generate enough buzz to make somewhat of an impact on your final recruiting class in February. Now that we have a December signing. Guys are committed earlier and shutting things down with approximately 80% of kids committed by early signing day. Even though this cycle is slower so far in terms of commitments nationwide I do still think a heavy majority of commitments will be made by the December signing period and signed in the early period. That doesn’t leave much room or time to sway many prospects, especially quality prospects for the class Who may remain. As of now the game plan by our staff is to do kind of like what Florida State is doing in that the first full recruiting cycle with a new staff, being this year we are going to try to sign about 15 to 18 quality kids from high school and Juco and try to fill any gaps via the transfer market all the while working on those relationships for 2023 and 2024 to have better classes from a high school ranks going forward.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It’s not even possible to try to compare the two classes. The recruiting landscape is completely different now than it was in 2010. For one thing transfers has basically become a free agency type of situation where you can immediately add a player for a number of positions to help give you immediate depth at the very least and in some cases you can get an impact player. Remember that while transfers are important they do not count in recruiting rankings. Another big factor is that there is now a December signing period where there wasn’t in 2010. In 2010 you could have a good season to help you generate enough buzz to make somewhat of an impact on your final recruiting class in February. Now that we have a December signing. Guys are committed earlier and shutting things down with approximately 80% of kids committed by early signing day. Even though this cycle is slower so far in terms of commitments nationwide I do still think a heavy majority of commitments will be made by the December signing period and signed in the early period. That doesn’t leave much room or time to sway many prospects, especially quality prospects for the class Who may remain. As of now the game plan by our staff is to do kind of like what Florida State is doing in that the first full recruiting cycle with a new staff, being this year we are going to try to sign about 15 to 18 quality kids from high school and Juco and try to fill any gaps via the transfer market all the while working on those relationships for 2023 and 2024 to have better classes from a high school ranks going forward.

Good post E.  Miss having your insight.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

the first full recruiting cycle with a new staff, being this year we are going to try to sign about 15 to 18 quality kids from high school and Juco and try to fill any gaps via the transfer market all the while working on those relationships for 2023 and 2024 to have better classes from a high school ranks going forward.

After hearing WDE predict we'll have up to 9 more commits by the time the season starts, I was wondering if that meant they were possibly going to sign as full a class as we could from high school and JUCO, contrary to what I was thinking. I'd actually prefer that we be selective in who we take. It's certainly worked out for Clemson, and the only hurdle I see to getting where Clemson is revolves around playing in the SEC as opposed to the ACC...which may not be as big a deal if we end up going to a 12 team playoff format, as I expect we will.

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Could have up to 9. Told we should. But it is recruiting and these are kids. Just a reminder. Some folks here love to call me out if I'm wrong here. I'm not worried one bit about recruiting right now. Not one bit. Going to be a fun year in 2021 IMO. I'm looking forward to see what we have in this staff. Some great football coaches on this staff. 

Yeah, I got the 'up to' part loud and clear. I'm just glad to hear that we're that close on that many players the coaches like. Hell, if we pick up half that many commitments from quality players while still having a solid shot at the others, that's plenty good enough for me for this season.

Have you heard anything regarding how many high school/JUCO kids the staff wants to take this cycle?

On 7/6/2021 at 7:24 AM, AUpreacherman22 said:

First of all, as others have mentioned, there is no comparison due to many circumstances (Covid related, transfer portal, etc.)

ADAG and Co. hired HCBH and staff for long term success and direction of the football program.   Many of our coaches are introducing themselves (via zoom I might add) to players, whereas Chizik’s staff already had established relationships with players. It will take a few years for this group, but this is a huge recruiting principle: Winning Sells!!!   If these guys start winning consistently, something no other AU coaching staff has ever done, you will see top 5-8 recruiting classes consistently as well.  

Isn't every hired made "for long term success and direction of the football program"?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Isn't every hired made "for long term success and direction of the football program"?

I think what he meant is that Harsin was hired with long term goals being the ones most prevalent, rather than hiring someone with the best chance to come in and succeed quickly at the cost of long term success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Consider that each of our last two hires had his best season either year one or year two before sustaining mediocrity or falling completely off a cliff.

• Love 1

On 7/3/2021 at 8:11 PM, Rednilla said:

The levels you are going to in trying to dampen the optimism being built by this new staff are pretty funny. Signing day is two months sooner, and recruiting was all over Zoom conferences until a month ago, meaning the coaches weren't able to use Auburn to sell Auburn (or visit recruits to get their foot in the door), but hey yeah it'll all be EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT WAS IN 2010!!!

Oh yeah, btw, let's make a comparison that makes Harsin look worse than a coach who won more than 8 games exactly one time in his entire head coaching career. That's sure to knock all those optimists who understand butthurt when they see it off their pedestals. 

you fogot yankees talk fast and are hard to understand............lol

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you fogot yankees talk fast and are hard to understand............lol

...Okay, help me out here...what does my post have to do with yankees talking fast? Am I missing a connection here that should be obvious (which wouldn't be a surprise), or what?

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

...Okay, help me out here...what does my post have to do with yankees talking fast? Am I missing a connection here that should be obvious (which wouldn't be a surprise), or what?

my bad i was refering to the recruiting on zoom during covid

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

my bad i was refering to the recruiting on zoom during covid

Ah! Yes, that makes more sense now.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Could have up to 9. Told we should. But it is recruiting and these are kids. Just a reminder. Some folks here love to call me out if I'm wrong here. I'm not worried one bit about recruiting right now. Not one bit. Going to be a fun year in 2021 IMO. I'm looking forward to see what we have in this staff. Some great football coaches on this staff. 

WDE, Looking to spice things up here and since we love to call you out when you're wrong...Does Nix start the whole year, or does one of the backups take the reigns?

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

WDE, Looking to spice things up here and since we love to call you out when you're wrong...Does Nix start the whole year, or does one of the backups take the reigns?

Sure, can’t win the Heisman unless he does.

• Love 1

mikey what is your purpose here? are you trying to belittle harsin when he faced covid and had no sec ties? he took his time getting the right people on his staff which i like. it was not rushed. other than the name brand of AU i have to wonder why you made this thread. are you fighting back by tweaking folks? are you two hundred percent in harsons corner? gus did some great things for auburn but there were times you or i could coach the team better than he did. gus hurt auburn in a lot of ways and i believe this is why many want to move on. now that we know more about the goings on at auburn i believe it is safe to say some of the assistant coaches who we all thought were backstabbing gus it appears now with all the silly things he did including ditching game plans and basically ignoring advice from his staff. like refusing to go one on one to get a true look of what you have instead of waiting until game day. then screwing people like gatewood after he promised joey he would play when his folks drove all that way to watch him play. and can we agree he had some studs on the team but could not get them coached up or straightened up. or what about trying to go lean and fast on the oline when the hunh had been tanked for three years? that hurt us. so serious what is the intention of this thread? can you keep gus'n things and still claim to be loyal to harsin? i waded in some deep doodooo for you yesterday and after sleeping on it i thought i would just ask where do you stand right now with auburn and the new staff?

Oh so it's that time? panicking this was sooner then I expected 🤣🤣 good lord guys relax. We will catch up I promise you that. 🙄😂 Also who in there right mind trys to compare 2010 to 2021 really totally different scenarios. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2

now these darn coaches went and have more commitments than the greatest coaching staff in Auburn history at the same point, time for someone to find a new pot to piss in

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

mikey what is your purpose here? are you trying to belittle harsin when he faced covid and had no sec ties? he took his time getting the right people on his staff which i like. it was not rushed. other than the name brand of AU i have to wonder why you made this thread. are you fighting back by tweaking folks? are you two hundred percent in harsons corner? gus did some great things for auburn but there were times you or i could coach the team better than he did. gus hurt auburn in a lot of ways and i believe this is why many want to move on. now that we know more about the goings on at auburn i believe it is safe to say some of the assistant coaches who we all thought were backstabbing gus it appears now with all the silly things he did including ditching game plans and basically ignoring advice from his staff. like refusing to go one on one to get a true look of what you have instead of waiting until game day. then screwing people like gatewood after he promised joey he would play when his folks drove all that way to watch him play. and can we agree he had some studs on the team but could not get them coached up or straightened up. or what about trying to go lean and fast on the oline when the hunh had been tanked for three years? that hurt us. so serious what is the intention of this thread? can you keep gus'n things and still claim to be loyal to harsin? i waded in some deep doodooo for you yesterday and after sleeping on it i thought i would just ask where do you stand right now with auburn and the new staff?

Let it go man.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Let it go man.

but dammit he owes me five bucks.............

• Haha 1